Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 3,154

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thank you!

Whilst I'm playing the story, I think I'd like Spidey to look like Spidey, so I've been alternating between the default (which I really like) and the Raimi. I've started to unlock some of the more outlandish designs, which I'll totally have fun with post-story, but it's slow going thusfar.

Or, to put it another way, give it another week or so!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Nice shots, there's certainly some unique features in the photomode. Despite the big selection of suits I found I mostly used the default suit as i quickly came to really like the design best. My other fav suit came from doing Black Cat side missions , which I'll leave up to you if want to know what get from doing something.

I also really liked the Homecoming suit
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

I keep forgetting to post these. Captured in photo mode on Jedi: Fallen Order. Nothing too fancy since I’m clueless with utilizing the finer tweaks available, but these were some of my better attempts. There’s some beautiful shots on this thread, btw.

Suspended aquatic rag doll physics 😄—
Untitled

Peekaboo—
Untitled

Who needs a flashlight when you have a laser sword?—
Untitled

I like how the colors turned out on this one—
Untitled

Tagging @RogerRoger because I told him I’d post some of my shots 😃

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Thanks! I'm aware of the collectibles you mention, but haven't started to tick them off the map yet; am mostly doing backpacks and landmarks because they're quick stops. Will get there eventually, I'm sure! And great Homecoming shot, by the way! I do quite like the Stark Suit. Will probably take it to Avengers Tower at some point, get some MCU shots.

@Th3solution Sweet Star Wars work! Those poor Stormtroopers make for an eerily beautiful shot, and I do love that cute, er... whatever it is, the dragon thing, on Bogano! As for your orange saber and orange corridor, I bet your favourite fruit is pears. Thanks for sharing these, and for the tag!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Some great shots there @Th3solution! The first one is rather good and I agree that the colours are rather lovely in that last shot!

... Stop making me wanna go back and re-play spidey @RogerRoger! ... Which I can't do as my daughter borrowed it from a friend! 😂

It looks even better then I remembered! The first proper screenshot and the first and last phone wallpapers are wonderful!

-EDIT- And rather then reply in the review thread again I'll add it in here.

You make all the spidey gif avatars you like Rog... They look great!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Lol, I do love a good pear! Probably more so than oranges 😆.

I did change my lightsaber color to the indigo/light purple color toward the end when you get your own kyber crystal. It was too bad that was so late in the game to have that option because there was some great colors to choose from.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Sorry. It's often on sale! That's when I got my copy!

Thanks for the screenshot praise, and for liking my Spidey GIFs! There have been so many awesome cinematic moments, so I'm sure there'll be more to come!

@Th3solution Ah, but a good pear of what...? Okay, that joke doesn't work in writing!

But I will say that you're apparently not alone in wishing for that Jedi: Fallen Order feature to have been unlocked earlier in the game (I'm being vague because I don't know whether Foxy would ever wanna play the game or not, and spoiler tags won't work when I've tagged her). Let's just say that, if it were available from the beginning, I would likely have picked the same!

Okay, so this is apparently "an opportunistic one or two" Spidey screencaps...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Took the Stark Suit for a spin, so tagging @BearsEatBeets for these:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And finally, I give you Moody Spidey, whose moping in the rain is obviously a hangover from my days abusing the Photo Mode in Arkham Knight.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@RogerRoger That sixth shot is gorgeous!! Looks straight out of a comic book, except with prettier art than you'd expect, haha. Keep the shots coming!

Tjuz

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Love the first of Spidey swinging down the street into the sun, well lit and nicely framed. Sixth one too. If Spider-man had the ability to move the sun like Horizon then I think it would probably be the best photomode going. It certainly makes it trickier to line up a shot with the best lighting, but makes it more rewarding when you do I suppose. A nice excuse to squeeze in a few of my own from back when.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Hopefully they will add a dynamic day/night cycle to the sequel.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

A few from time with A Plague Tale

Untitled
Untitled
Just to show the games not always bleak, but also
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RR529

Some great Spider-Man shots recently!

Anyhow, while not complete, I think I've done enough work on my house in Animal Crossing to show it off.

Going for a bit of a traditional Japanese vibe for the outside of my home. Will probably replace the Imperial Fence with the Bamboo Fence once I get the recipe, as it'll go nicer with the other Bamboo decorations. Will replace the Green Leaf Pile eventually too.
Untitled

The theme continues with my main room (which currently has a strong Cherry Blossom component, of which the Orchid Mantis on the table goes with well). Want to replace the Log Table eventually with something more thematic. Could use more decorations on the left side as well.
Untitled
Untitled

I'm going a bit more modern with my back room (though still with a touch of Japanese sensibility, note the Tearoom Wall). Could still use some work.
Untitled

I'm going to be getting another expansion tomorrow (I think a third room, which I have no Idea what I'm going to do with).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@Tjuz Thank you! I've got a few more to upload, which I'll do later on.

@BearsEatBeets Cheers and yeah, there are times I've wanted to move the sun, too. It's okay that you can't because the sheer amount of reflective surfaces in NYC would melt my console if subjected to that level of adaptive dynamism! It's fun to try and get the timing perfect when between buildings. Your sunset shots are awesome, especially the third.

Also loving the Plague Tale shots, even if they are a little bleak! Very atmospheric stuff!

@RR529 Your house and garden look waaaaay neater than my partner's does! He just seems to be piling up random, eclectic collectibles and had a bespoke "Egg Room" for the seasonal event last week. You've done a great job! Be sure to show us what you do with your new room!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Jill is pained by the lack of a photomode in Resident Evil 3
Untitled

It's a shame because the RE engine creates some stunning graphics. I imagine if they were going to add a photo mode to RE2 or this it would have already happened. Maybe I'll have to make do with my cutscene freeze frames

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets You're not alone in wishing for a Photo Mode in the Resi remakes. My friend is playing them at the moment and we keep sharing screencaps; me from Spider-Man, all spectacular and cinematic, and her of characters just standing in front of various walls. Very pretty walls, mind!

Speaking of sharing, and as promised earlier, these just finished uploading...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Sorry, I know there's a lot there. Good news is that I'm nearing the end of the core story, and am actually taking less now, as I'm in danger of repeating shots the more I play.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Damn that's an awesome collection of shots, possibly your best yet. I love the first two and I'm betting that second one took some expert timing. Five and Seven are my other favourites but it's an excellent set all round.

Yeah all my shots of Resi are Jill in one corner of pic against different walls/streets and some cheaty cutscene shots.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I've got many a screencap from Hitman, Star Wars: Battlefront II and a handful of similar third-person games lacking dedicated Photo Modes. That shot with the clock tower is excellent work, given how tough it can be to line those kinds of games up sometimes!

And thank you; this is where I'm annoying and tell you #2 was a case of blind luck. There's a similar shot on the very first page of this thread, where I randomly lucked out in getting some lightning to look like it was avoiding Batman in Arkham Knight. Last night, I was right at the end of chasing Electro around the supermax prison and I just thought "Oh, I haven't gone for a screencap yet!" and when I saw the gap line up for Spidey, I just laughed.

Less impressive when you see I had three lightning bolts to work with, as well.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

I've got some Final Fantasy VII Remake shots. There is no dedicated photo mode as yet. Spoilers if you've not yet got to chapter 8.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Well much like real photography, sometimes it requires an element of luck and being in the right spot to take advantage of it. The shot still looks good with 3 bolts.

@JohnnyShoulder FFVII is clearly a good looking game. Does Cloud get his own home in the game? Shots 3,4 and 5 look like that. Also I've noticed that anytime someone posts a pic it has the little copyright writing in the bottom right corner, I take it that appears when you press the share button and isn't on screen all the time?

BearsEatBeets

FullbringIchigo

so i have a TONNE of FFVII Remake screenshots to share BUT i'm not going to yet as SPOILERS you know and i wanna give people time to experience it themselves but it is an amazing looking game so expect so the drop in the future

@BearsEatBeets no it's not there all the time, it only shows up when you take a screen shot but a lot of games do that

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Not that I know of. That is another characters house.

@FullbringIchigo Well I thought I made it pretty clear what part of the game they are from. If people are still looking after that, more fool them. I see no problem with that?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic