Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 3,153

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger That is a crazy size!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON @JohnnyShoulder I'm an idiot.

Megabytes, not gigabytes. The biggest screenshot has had a 14.8 megabyte file size.

Sorry for the shock!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@KALofKRYPTON It's the only Uncharted I haven't played but I'm now quite tempted to do so. Swiping up to climb a cliff actually sounds quite nice considering the platforming can be a bit slow in the other games.

@RogerRoger Nice shots. Your attempts to dethrone the lens-flare queen are noble indeed!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

KALofKRYPTON

@mookysam If you have a Vita it's well worth playing.
It was on Plus a while back, so if you're signed up and add everything, you probably already own it 😁

@RogerRoger 😂 I was wondering what the Pro was up to for a moment!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger 😂 Was trying to get my head around how a screen shot could be that size, especially when the ps4 downscales them! Must be some really fancy special effects!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@mookysam Thank you! Her crown is safe, never fear.

@KALofKRYPTON @JohnnyShoulder Yeah, it doesn't capture screenshots as much as it captures a small playable demo of the immediate vicinity.

We're laughing now, but come the PlayStation5...!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

More Golden Abyss, with a proper torch effect! 😁
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Sterling stuff. That lighting really holds up! Particularly on that second-to-last shot, where it's just grazing Nate and showing off all the detail on his character model.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Untitled

Don't mess with Byleth and her sword-whip

Untitled

Cloud and Bayonetta battle atop the falling clock tower.

Untitled

Link pondering the meaning of life while caught in a rainstorm.

Untitled

"Dude, your breath." Link's about to throw up in Twilight Princess HD

Black Lives Matter

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Thank you. Having quite a lot of fun with it I must say. It certainly has it's jankiness - but it's so very Uncharted!

@mookysam TP HD looks pretty good!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Glad to hear. You're making me wanna replay it soon!

@mookysam Excellent shots! Particularly that second, mid-battle capture. Thanks for posting them!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Apologies for the vast quantity of Horizon: Zero Dawn screencaps. I really should start trying to make decent progress on the game soon. All of these have come from what took me, what, a couple of hours maximum last time? And I've already got about eight hours on my save's clock.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Time well spent! Really like the second and third.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks! I'm quietly proud of the fourth, and might re-try it sometime when standing on a less-busy surface, or with a different machine. I usually alternate between "close-up action" or "wide landscapes" and wanted to mix things up a bit; problem is, every single thing you can point the camera at in Horizon is capture-worthy. Still boggles the mind how beautiful it all looks.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It's a good shot too.

I think the framing may work better with a complete 'split' of Aloy and the machine, like rotate the camera 20 degrees or so anti-clockwise?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, that might work. Cheers! I think I was focused on trying to ensure the lens flare was a perfect dividing line between them, without crossing their shapes too much. Also depends on the timing of when I freeze Aloy's position mid-attack. I'll have a play!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, it holds up pretty nicely as a result of the redrawn textures. The geometry can still be a little basic in places, but I reckon it was one of the GameCube's prettier games to begin with.

@RogerRoger Thanks. It can be quite tricky to get a good shot while mid-attack as you have to pause at the right moment (although you can fast-forward frame by frame). More great Horizon screens! I might have to bump it up a few places on my backlog. It's insanely pretty!

Black Lives Matter

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Nice pics. The photo mode is really slowing down my progress with this fantastic game, but I'm not bothered in the slightest because as you say, there a beautiful shot around every corner

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Tjuz

@RogerRoger I'm obsessed with the third screenshot. It's gorgeous. Almost like it came right out of a movie!

Tjuz

RogerRoger

@mookysam Frame-by-frame advancement and rewind is something I wish more Photo Modes included. I think the only one on PS4 with such a feature is Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, and that's more of an editing tool for video capture (which just happens to have a "remove HUD" button).

And thanks to you, @Gremio108 and @Tjuz for the Horizon screenshot praise. There'll be more!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic