Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 3,152

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha! I'd forgotten about the Saturn!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I wanted to play it, but alas... like many things in Shenmue, it's just kinda there.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger zing!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

Uncharted 2
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Shenmue Santa is the best!

As well as the time-travelling Sega Saturn, I always wondered how Sonic and co were in the local capsule machines, considering they hadn't been dreamed up yet.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KALofKRYPTON

More Uncharted 2
Untitled

HallowMoonshadow

Cheers @JohnnyShoulder! Your Origins shots are really quite nice! I've actually only played the first Assassin's Creed (and loathed it) but those Egypt shots are quite lovely...

Divinity really doesn't lend itself to screenshots hence why most of the shots was of funny dialogue rather then of nice vistas... I probably would've got a few if I could zoom the camera out a touch more

At the start there was only three human enemies @RogerRoger ... But of course it was never going to be that easy. Especially the one highlighted in green (and currently frosted over) being an NPC.

His AI was pretty smart most of the time... but when the platform I was on eventually caught fire he kept running through the flames every turn which was a pain... til I cyrogenically froze him to make him miss a turn

Oh and nice Shenmue shots of course! I do have to agree about the snow shot somehow uplifting it! And that diary is ace too, most helpful hint ever 😂

All the Uncharted shots @KALofKRYPTON! Love the black and white cave shot that you comemorated finishing the first Uncharted with!

Inquisitor is a Warhammer game if I'm remembering correctly? I did actually one of those typical subscription magazines on tv last night for Warhammer that had some miniatures (I think it said 13 in the first one) and did wonder if you'd seen it...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thank you.

Indeed, Inquisitor is a 40k game. It's a bit shakey, but certainly runs well enough to enjoy. And of course, the lore!!

My miniature painting (more importantly, buying) days are long gone!
I hadn't seen the subscription mag - I suppose with reports of a Warhammer TV show in development, now is the time to drum up more interest.

EDIT: Just checked out the piecework magazine subscription. That is bloody genius!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

HallowMoonshadow

I figured even if you weren't into miniatures @KALofKRYPTON £3.00 for the first magazine before it balloons up to £11.00 or so wasn't that bad if you could live with a unfinished set 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Stunning work in Uncharted 2 there, particularly that first black-and-white shot in the torch cavern. I also attempted to capture Nate under helicopter fire; this is the best I managed.

Untitled

It's tricky timing his leaps!

@Gremio108 Oh my God... you're absolutely right! I was so focused on the anachronistic Saturn, I totally didn't realise that Ryo should also be oblivious to whom Sonic, NiGHTS and the Virtua Fighter gang are! Unless they all did start out life in obscure Japanese toy machines, and we just don't know it!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks! And that does sound like quite the encounter. Glad to hear cryogenics are good for something, and congratulations on surviving all that chaos!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
I won't be drawn back in!

@RogerRoger
Thanks, that's a good shot! I found letting Chloe have a bit of a head start the only way of getting her out of the shot and managing to get some of the broken glass nicely in frame. The photo mode is properly clunky though!

Gremio108

@RogerRoger I like to think there was a person in Ryo's town who could see the future, and instead of using this gift to save lives or prevent war, they simply chose to make toy capsule machines.

Ryo does seem pretty bemused at the toys most of the time. Mind you, he seems bemused at everything in his life.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

KALofKRYPTON

Cave! 🤘🏽
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON It's a very early Photo Mode, yes. I'd have loved a character toggle, to make Nate, friendly NPCs and enemies disappear. You're doing good work regardless! Your ice cave shot is your best yet. That's desktop wallpaper material, right there!

@Gremio108 He does approach everything with blank abandon, yes. His reaction to a time-travelling toymaker would almost certainly be the same deadpan "I see" everybody else gets.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Thank you - little did I realise that wendigo-thing was about to strike!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'm not the biggest fan of Among Thieves, but I do love that first shot of it.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I'm enjoying it for the most part, though I had forgotten how much I do not massively appreciate the combat in Uncharted.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON If you're treating it like a narrative-driven Hollywood blockbuster, as an excuse to take pretty pictures and not as a gameplay challenge, then stick the difficulty way down, with auto-aim turned on. The thing practically plays itself at that point.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I don't think I could go that far. Normal is fine - it's just the general clunky imprecision

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Fair enough!

When in doubt, blind fire (and not just because Nate's pose whilst doing so makes for good shots).

Untitled

Untitled

Or just kick 'em in the nuts.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic