Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 3,154

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Er... they're okay enough, I guess, but not amazing. I tried to capture some weapons fire before, but only saved the one screencap as the closer you get, the worse it becomes.

Untitled

At least they motion-blur the shell casings... and they're nowhere near as bad as the crowds...

Untitled

I mean, I've heard of some ridiculous party ideas before, but a "Black or Grey Jeans Only" gathering? That's getting a little desperate for a theme, isn't it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah... Perhaps I'll try for explosions 🤔

😂 It's the future, only plain trousers and team colours allowed!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Could've just been my angle, and I think there's been a couple updates since. It'd be interesting to see if you could get anything good.

I'll start updating my wardrobe now!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Neolit @themcnoisy @RogerRoger
I think a voting system would be a good idea.
At least then, everyone can take part.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@Neolit Yeah we haven't had a mention In either the last 2 polls we have ran either. Best PS3 game list (it took us 6 months of work) and the best multiplat of 2018. Meh as long as we have fun who cares right?

The most disappointing thing is both the screenshot competition and the Ps3 top 1250 games could only be completed in a big group so imo Sammy and everyone else could have thrown together an article, it was bloody good work from everyone involved. Maybe he just didn't see the ends of each thread as he was busy but still you do feel a bit let down.

On that note @get2sammyb if we run another screenshot competition for the end of the year can we get an article informing everyone it has started please? (due to start 1st of December) pretty please this time we had 20 odd people join in last year including @ShogunRok who came 3rd.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

Just a few from Sonic Generations today (taken on the XBOX ONE)

Sonic is confused as to why he hasn't done a proper crossover with Mario yet
Untitled

just a quick run round Eggmans fortress, should only take a second
Untitled

Eggman really should clean up round here
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Nice! Someone should put that dude in a some sort of motion picture!

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb thanks Sammy.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

Just some Final Fantasy VIII Remastered shots today

".....If you come here, I'll be waiting"
Untitled

Look at all the pretty lights
Untitled

Nightmare Fuel
Untitled

Zell is wondering why his hand suddenly started glowing
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

Here’s some Assassin’s Creed Origins for your viewing pleasure:
Untitled
Never thought I’d love an eagle so much. Senu <3
Untitled
And
Untitled
A couple different shots of my rowing skills.
Untitled
Just crouching in the roof of the temple

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

A couple more:
Untitled
Nice view of Alexandria in the distance
Untitled
And I wished I could have caught this shot in the daytime. I might have to try to get attacked by a hippo again later.
I did take the shot from two angles though:
Untitled
Tried to catch that moment just before getting chomped. 😆

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Good ol' Sonic lookin' pretty decent there! That last shot, in particular, is badass.

@Th3solution Thanks for sharing your Origins shots thusfar! Looks like it does have some pretty spectacular views, but my favourites are your rowing and hippo attack moments (particularly since we're entering panto season, so the temptation to yell "It's behind you!" is pretty strong). Great timing!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

These two are my new favourite everything.

Untitled

Despite the game not having a Photo Mode yet, my determination to get half-decent wallpaper fodder has paid off a couple of times (despite the need for cropping out the HUD; thank goodness it's a relatively unobtrusive one). Grabbed these earlier today, from the landing pad on the planet Zeffo.

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks! And I had to google Panto season, something I’ve actually not ever heard of. I had no idea that was a thing in the UK. 😄
Love the Fallen Order shots too. Can’t wait to see what you can capture when the game actually has photo mode.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I'm assuming the hippo is quite rightly rather dangerous to one's health? ;-p

@RogerRoger I'm looking forward to you having a photo mode to mess about with!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, apologies; I realised that was a uniquely British comment a little too late. We're an odd bunch, but at least we've got good captions for surprise hippo attack screenshots!

And thanks, to you and to @KALofKRYPTON as well. I'm gonna stop posting random attempts for now, as I have a feeling I'll be back in full Force (sorry) when Photo Mode finally does get patched into Jedi: Fallen Order. Should keep me quiet for a good few months!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution
Yeah... how to explain panto season... Z-list celebrities, nation's favourites, local 'characters', ageing lovie's and former page 3 girls in a range of jovial drag infused pantomime interpretations of classic fairy-tales rolled out for repeated matinee's for long as the cast can keep standing and Wetherspoons has fruit bags for the kids and 2 for £8 fish and chips for the pensioners.

@RogerRoger Keep going with the random attempts - could be good sketch work to flesh out with the full-fat photo mode.

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Sounds like fun, actually. Like a mix of community theater, celebrity appearances, and a local carnival.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Fun for the kids for sure.

When you're in your cynical 20's, working at a Wetherspoons directly opposite a theatre and face an early afternoon like the busiest match-day only filled with a ton of kids and 200 old dears who aren't entirely sure if they could manage a whole portion of fish & chips, you get a bit annoyed by it

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic