Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 3,153

AdamNovice

Does anyone know if we'll get a screenshot of the year competition again this year?

AdamNovice

Twitter:

andreoni79

I spent some time with Death Stranding turning off completely the HUD and the game looks even better.
Hope they patch in a dynamic HUD as seen in Horizon Zero Dawn, letting us seen scenes like this without the text and icons floating around...
Untitled

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

KALofKRYPTON

@AdamNovice Oooh, don't know.
Who organised the last one?

@andreoni79 Nice shot! Though the game doesn't jive with me at all, I like the Scandinavian looking landscapes.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger This one's for you !
Untitled

I have some more standard chase/racing looking shots which I'll put up in a bit, but I really like this one.
My plan for the Zone shot is going to take a bit more research though.
Untitled

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON "There she is! There she is!!"

Thanks, although it's not just me, is it? She does handle like a drunken rhino, right?

Also, that second shot could be cover art! Very nice!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It might be you It doesn't handle too badly, certainly not the worst in the game, so "...not so wounded as we were lead to believe." ;-p

Thanks - that's the sort of thing I want to try for a Zone image, but need the right track, ship and Zone state to pull off something with a relatively clean 'pop art' look.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah. Fair enough! Maybe I came off the wrong ship when switching to her.

Gotcha; yes, that'd look gosh-darn awesome, if you can pull it off. Definitely a potential contender for the screencap competition (which we should totally have, yes)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Very possibly. I also find (this really could just be me) that how a ship looks massively affects how I feel about the other attributes.

It's largely why I really don't like WipEout Fusion all that much, the ship designs are almost all horrid!

KALofKRYPTON

Feisar vs Auricom
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON No, you're right; if something looks like a tank, it's gonna feel like a tank. Excellent new batch of shots, by the way! Very nice indeed.

@AdamNovice Found the old topic; it was good ol' @themcnoisy who kickstarted last year's screenshot competition. What say you, Noisy? Your fans are asking for you!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Thanks!
I think I might have to right track for the Zone!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Sweet! Let me know when to start the drum roll...

Despite the lack of a Photo Mode (one is incoming, apparently, so brace yourselves) I did manage to grab a handful of semi-decent, non-spoilery shots from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order this past week.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It really can be a beautiful game (when it wants to be). The temptation will be to grab loads of action shots with a Photo Mode, but I'll be equally heading back to capture a couple of the landscapes.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice no problem. Now if we run another one I will oversee the thread on the ps4 and I need someone to be the judge. So neither of us can enter. I will kick-start a thread next week. Thanks for the note @RogerRoger. Last year @Neolit did a fantastic job of judging and if he is free I would like him to do it again he did a top job. The only downside is he can't enter for obvious reasons. The top 5 winners were @ApostateMage @AdamNovice @ShogunRok @old_boy with @Gremio108 taking home the platinum.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Those are very nice shots! The cave especially.

Time for that drum roll! (if these links are in the correct order 😂)

I got the shot I was after albeit with a standard HD Zone ship, and a few other decent ones.
This is the one though 😁
Untitled

These were alright too.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Going to check out the 2048 Zone ships and some of the Zone Battle stuff too.

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy No worries; thanks for offering to run it again!

As much as I'd love to step up and offer my services in an official capacity, I remember thinking "How in the heck does one judge these?" last year. Everybody submitted such good shots, I wouldn't know where to begin. I may be a lot of things, but I'm certainly not an art critic!

That being said, if you get stuck, I'll always help where I can.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Holy cow! Worth the hype, and then some! The framing is perfect, on that first shot and on that second-to-last one, too! Those are amazing!

How long did that take you? Be honest!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😊

Actually, not that long. Half hour maybe. All within the same Zone run up to Super Zen.

Most of the time was getting the right line for that first shot.

I tried getting some as it changes to Zen as everything goes red and black, but nothing came off very well 🙄

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Colour me impressed (and not just because you can actually play WipEout, by the way). There are times when I've wanted to get a shot "just right" but 99% of the time it's sheer luck and pretty lighting, so kudos for managing to pull off a specific idea, and in such a tricky game, too!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger

Thanks again. I do love a bit of WipEout. I'm still pretty rusty though.

I know what you mean, the time I spent getting some of the Driveclub shots was ridiculous! I struck pretty lucky with these I'd say.

I'm going to try for some more action oriented shots next; weapons fire and such, though I'm dubious as to how well the effects will hold up as stills.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic