Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,153

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, the reason it's taken me a little longer to give it a chance is because DS9 and darker, more complex sci-fi really wasn't (and mostly still isn't) my thing. TNG, Voyager and early Enterprise were my shows, where everybody was nice to one another, everything was wrapped up neatly by the end credits and next week, there was something new... but I'm revisiting some of my previous positions and am currently re-watching DS9 with my partner, and I'm finding it much better than I recall. I think one of my biggest reasons for disliking DS9 is because it did what it did to the Star Trek franchise, so a completely different show with no pre-existing rules to smash should work just fine.

We've done it again! Isn't this supposed to be a screencap topic?! Here, I'll help.

Rico's early morning commute is far more exciting than yours in Just Cause 3...
Untitled

...whilst another sun is going down in Star Wars: Battlefront.
Untitled

It's atomic batteries to power and turbines to speed in Batman: Arkham Knight...
Untitled

...and an Ark drifts dramatically in space in Mass Effect Andromeda.
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That Bat-Turbine is a great shot!

For me, DS9 is the best of Star Trek; real issues cloaked in sci-fi stories told by excellent characters - with room for fun along the way. Next Generation will forever be my 'favourite', but there's no denying DS9's far superior chops! Also, Elim Garak is easily the best Trek character going.

I don't mind dark sci-fi, so long as it's not arbitrarily so like most post Battlestar Galactica (remake)shows became. They even managed to ruin Stargate by (quite literally) making Universe really dark!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON Garak is awesome

Untitled

anyway on topic

building some pixel art in Minecraft (XB1)

Untitled

getting a bit to close for comfort Final Fantasy XV

Untitled

Kicking butt with Pikachu Pokken Tournament

Untitled

and riding in the wind Hyrule Warriors

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON @Fullbringlchigo I'll see your Garak and raise you an Odo...

Untitled

...but that's just for DS9. Go any wider and Janeway blows them (and everybody else) up because she didn't find any coffee in that nebula after all.

@Fullbringlchigo That pixel art in Minecraft is amazing! I've never played the game myself, but I've seen it played and can't even begin to comprehend how one would even go about constructing something so accurate. Very nicely done!

More bat-caps from me, including a clockwork Harley Quinn...
Untitled

...and some poor fellow in the midst of a severe bat-tering.
Untitled

Meanwhile, Lara takes a moment in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition...
Untitled

...and Skull Face shows off his new toy in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON yeah Janeway might get mad over coffee but did she ever punch an omnipotent being who can manipulate the universe at his will in the face like "THE SISKO"

Untitled

anyway back to screen shots

in command Star Trek Bridge Crew

Untitled

prepping supper Final Fantasy XV

Untitled

the Warrior of the Light Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Untitled

beyond Super Saiyan God is Super Saiyan Blue Dragon Ball FighterZ

Untitled

let us solve this mystery Sherlock Holmes and the Devils Daughter

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
Too right. I mostly like Janeway as a character and the majority of the crew (and design work)- but Voyager had like, 12 - really good episodes. DS9 was easily 80% killer!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo @KALofKRYPTON Who needs to punch an omnipotent being who can manipulate the universe at will, when you can just death-glare THREE of them into submission?

Untitled

Can I just say that it's been really awesome bumping into fellow Trekkies and sharing these short (and sometimes not-so-short) moments in a completely unrelated corner of the internet? I'm so glad I decided to join and take part in Push Square's community.

On that note, here's another shot from Star Trek Online...
Untitled

...and one from Mass Effect Andromeda (because it's basically the same thing).
Untitled

Chloe just goes for it, in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy...
Untitled

...as does Nate in Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well punching him must have worked because he never went back to DS9 after that where as Picard and Janeway couldn't get rid of him

and yeah it is nice to randomly meet people who share your likes

Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo In fairness, Q was a really odd fit for DS9

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Trekkies... they get everywhere!

RogerRoger

Here's some nonsense from Uncharted 4 Multiplayer...
Untitled

...and some discarded buckets that I thought might make a nice wallpaper in Star Wars: Battlefront.
Untitled

Aloy wants to know if she can go again in Horizon: Zero Dawn...
Untitled

...and Shadow can see his house from here in Sonic Forces.
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i only just saw your Trek pics on page 3, i never got the notification that you mentioned me and they are awesome and your characters bio is good too

back on Topic:

The Regalia takes to the Skies FFXV

Untitled

The Uzumaki Clan is not one to mess with Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

Untitled

The Masked Saiyan protects his master Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2

Untitled

Time Paradox Dragon Ball XenoVerse

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Fight_Teza_Fight

Beelzemon has anger management issues...
Untitled

Farewell Team
Untitled

Nanako is literally the cutest little sister ever. And of course her song is the Junes Theme!! Cuteness overload.
Untitled

One more because Nanako is on point. A new idol is born!
Untitled

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Thanks; don't worry, I wasn't expecting a direct response, but I'm glad you approve all the same! Especially of my biography; I had a far more straightforward one for a long time, and then a far more convoluted, rambling one. I'm hoping this current one is the best of both worlds (pun semi-intended) and I'll keep it for a while because of my use of Son'a vessels.

Also, neat screencap from Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 there. I've got a handful I should upload at some point, because I cropped them to ditch the annoying copyright overlays and HUD. The graphics are so good and some of the frames are epic!

@Fight_Teza_Fight What game is featured in your first two screencaps there, if you don't mind me asking?

It's a peaceful first night in Firewatch...
Untitled

...and the starship Prometheus enters orbit in Star Trek Online.
Untitled

Nate hopes the laser sight won't go any higher in Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection...
Untitled

...whilst Rico likely can't get much higher himself, in Just Cause 3.
Untitled

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah some of the scenes in UNS4 are almost identical to the anime sometimes, CC2 did a awesome job on that series

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory. Imagine Pokemon, but with no random stat rolls & less trainer battles.
It's the year 20XX and Virtual Reality has taken over. Everyone uses a VR social media space called Eden, which due to circumstances has started to become infested with Digimon/Hacker programs (Digital monsters) that can be used to affect Eden.
People in the real world start falling into comas after being attacked in Eden. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (2016) has you join a detective agency to solve this mystery, whereas this game, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory (2018) which takes place during those events has you join a team of hackers in an attempt to reclaim your online identity which was stolen by a hacker.

@FullbringIchigo Love CyberConnect2. It's a shame they were taken off the development for FFVII Remake.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@Fight_Teza_Fight I was about to say, they looked quite Pokémon-esque but then I realised they couldn't possibly be, if captured from a PS4. I'd forgotten all about Digimon, although the plot sounds incredibly similar to Summer Wars! You obviously like these games, but would you recommend them?

And also including @Fullbringlchigo in this, yes, CyberConnect2 are wonderful. I recently played through the four main Ultimate Ninja Storm games on PS4, having not touched the series since the first one on PS3. It was great to go back, not just to see how the story ended (gave up on manga and anime years ago, for no reason other than a lack of free time) but also to enjoy a really solid, well-made and gorgeous series of games.

Here are some of my edited screencaps from those games (cropped to remove the copyright text and HUD elements, and brightened in some places, to make for better wallpaper fodder).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I have many more, which I'll start adding to the random assortments I post here. If you'd happen to like any of them at full resolution, just ask and I can provide a link.

Edited on by RogerRoger

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight from what i heard it's because they didn't want to do what Square wanted them too, such as Clouds character design Square wanted it more like AC and CC2 wanted something new and honestly that's fair enough it is Squares IP after all

anyway screen shots

more Minecraft Pixel Art

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

8bit FF still looks nice

FullbringIchigo

ok i know the thread says PS4, PSVita and Wii U but there are SO many other platforms out there and as i have already shared some XB1 screenshots i figure why not

so all these shots are from Dissidia Opera Omnia (Android version)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Fight_Teza_Fight

@RogerRoger If you like Pokemon-esque games this is an easy recommendation. It's very 'Japanese'- takes place in Shibuya, if you enjoy that? I know that's not for everyone and a lot of grinding is involved. Luckily this game has an auto-battle feature as well as the ability to force an encounter, making the grind a lot easier.
They're good value for money and are available on both PS4 and Vita. I got over 200+ hours out of the first game (for the plat) and 100+ hours out of the second game.
I'd recommend the first game, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth as I think it's overall the better experience and I've seen it for as low as £15 in recent PSN sales.
PushSquare also reviewed it giving it a 8/10. https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/digimon_story_cyber_sleuth

Chie and Yukiko are N Sync
Untitled

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic