Forums

Topic: Gaming Resolutions for the New Year of 2022

Posts 41 to 60 of 76

Ralizah

@RogerRoger The Wii U failed for a reason, its most successful hardware feature was merely a vastly more limited version of what the Switch would go on to successfully run with (off-TV play), and even the unique experiences that could occasionally be had with the GamePad should also have been doable with a PS4 and a mobile device via Playlink anyway, but... I dunno. It was still a pretty neat system, and for a console that flopped as hard as it did, it still accumulated a surprisingly decent first-party library. In terms of Nintendo's consoles, it's probably middle-of-the-pack for me overall.

Of course, with Nintendo systematically strip-mining all of its exclusive games for first-party Switch ports, it's also pretty pointless now, so it'll never be one of those devices that has a lingering retro appeal like the Dreamcast. I mainly keep mine around since it doubles as a Wii, although I do still have a few games I need to play on it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@RogerRoger You won’t have to wait long. I have the first one cooking, and it’s one I think you’ll be especially interested in.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Yeah, I often wonder if the Wii U's first-party exclusives would've been so solid if the console had done better. In trying to rescue it from obscurity, Nintendo did deliver some absolute belters and, whilst it's a shame that most people will forever associate those games with the Switch now, I think it's great that they've been shared with a wider audience on the latest hardware. Locking them on a doomed console would've been tragic (even if, as you say, it makes the Wii U itself even more redundant).

@Th3solution Oh, neat! And I see an unread reply in the review topic, too!

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

Resolutions I can achieve

1) Don't eat parsnips
2) Don't play FIFA
3) Make time for my PS5

Hopefully I can achieve resolutions this year!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nomither6

@Ralizah i think the nintendo wii is pretty legendary . i still have mine & games downloaded from the wii-shop on it . i can play all 3 of my favorite smash games on it - smash 64 installed , and i have a melee and brawl disc , i love it

now if i only knew people here that played smash bros , i could have an amazing smash party...oh , yeah and of course i have ultimate too.. ugh . wouldn't be a true smash party without the latest one i guess.

nomither6

Kidfried

I'm not doing any big New Years Resolutions for 2022. I'm pretty glad with where I'm at gaming wise right now.

I could say "stop hunting trophies", but then I am reminded that I had a lot of fun going for the platinum trophy in Death's Door.

I could say something about a backlog, but during last year I have been pretty carefree about my backlog and still played and finished so many games.

For every resolution I can think of, I can think of a reason not to.

I do have a few games I want to play and beat: Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II, Nier Replicant and Automata, and Resident Evil VII. Those are the essential PS4 games in my opinion that I haven't beaten yet.

So if I'm able to cross of most from that list, I'd consider my resolutions achieved!

Kidfried

LiamCroft

I think my gaming resolution for 2022 is to give indie games more of a chance. I generally do play those "indie darlings" that everyone shouts about, but it doesn't ever really go beyond that. I've been very picky with indie games in the past, and I'd like to break though that.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

Anti-Matter

1. Collecting more PS3, PS4, PS2, NDS, 3DS games.
2. Try to get Beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD PS2.
3. Try to get at least 4 Switch games during year 2022.
4. Try to get either XBOX or XBOX 360 machine + Kinect.
5. Try to get at least 3 PS5 games during year 2022.

Anti-Matter

RogerRoger

@LiamCroft I feel like that should've been one of mine, too, but then I look at my backlog of glossy Triple-A blockbusters and enticing licenced games and just know that I'd end up failing it. Good luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

I wonder how everyone is doing with their gaming goals for the year. We’re well into the second quarter of 2022. So if my math is correct, we’d best be at least a third of the way to our goals (if we quantified them) to keep on track. Let’s see how I’m doing —

1. 8 Platinums
Only 2 so far this year. 😣 I think I’ll have Miles Morales done within the next couple weeks, and that should keep me close to being on schedule.

2. Write 6 Game Reviews
Doing better here because I have done 4 full reviews so far this year. Well ahead of pace.

3. Expand into new gaming areas:

• Play 1 FromSoftware Game
    Done. Finished Demon’s Souls Remake (I’m counting it as a From game). Might even squeeze in Elden Ring or Dark Souls 3 before year’s end.
  • Play 1 Multiplayer or Co-op game
    Not done yet, but still planning to. Maybe I’ll try something this week. Nothing in the multiplayer universe excites me.
  • Play 2 Racing Games
    50% done with this. Just need to figure out if the other 50% will be GT7 or not.
  • Play 4 Horror / Zombie Games
    25% done with this. I need to pick up the pace, but I expect to start RE4 or TWD4 within the next month.

4. Non-Gaming Escapades
“Exercise, Reading, catch up on TV and movies, and develop a new hobby or interest.
I hope to exercise 4 days a week, Read some books this year, try to decrease the size of my TV and movie backlog, and hopefully find something new to smooth out my inner character.”
Doing pretty poorly here. I’m exercising about twice a week. I’ve made no dent in my TV or movie backlog. 😞

Still 8 months left to make up ground!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

1) Finish more games than I purchase in 2022.

So far so good!

2) Finish two Falcom games.

I'm still where I was in TitS SC when I first wrote this, and haven't started another Ys game yet, so no progress here.

3) At least start playing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

Not yet.

4) Play at least one game belonging to each of the following devices: PC; PS1; PS2; PS4; SNES; N64; GameCube; Wii; Wii U; Switch; GBC; GBA; NDS; 3DS; PSP; and, last but not least, PS Vita.

I've played games belonging to at least half of these platforms so far, so good progress, I suppose!

PS2, SNES, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GBC, 3DS, and Vita are still up.

5) Replay at least one old favorite of mine.

Not yet. Still trying to figure out what the old favorite is going to be.

6) Get platinum trophies for at least three PS4/Vita titles.

Not yet, although I'm working on the platinum for Rayman Legends atm (which is long overdue, seeing as I collected almost all of the other trophies back in 2015!)

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

Well done thusfar, folks! Some steady progress up there!

As for me...

1) Reduce the Size of My Backlog
Started the year with 96 games listed and, as of right now, the total stands at 82. Huzzah!

2) Don't Pre-Order Games Unless Absolutely Necessary
Well, in all honesty, this one was essentially my fancy way of telling myself not to pre-order Horizon Forbidden West, a game which I promptly pre-ordered a couple weeks before it launched. Whilst there still may be some unforeseen 2022 releases that I could apply this to, I'm gonna call it a fail.

3) Complete the inFAMOUS Series
No progress here yet, although, oddly enough, I'm hoping my new "go with the flow" approach to my backlog will help Second Son and First Light rise to the surface a little quicker.

4) Complete Deus Ex, Jak 3 and Jak X: Combat Racing, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Metal Gear Ac!d and its sequel, Shenmue III, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and XIII
Another resolution where my newfound flexibility might help some, but it'll also hinder others. I've already ticked Jak 3 and Jak X: Combat Racing off that list, however, so you never know. I did have an odd hankering to try starting Shenmue III recently, but I chalked it up to some out-of-date milk I'd accidentally drank the day before, and the feeling passed. Phew.

5) Return to PS Vita
Came out swinging against this one, then lost my momentum. I replayed Killzone: Mercenary and added two new games to my Vita collection, namely The Amazing Spider-Man and Need for Speed: Most Wanted, but then didn't touch the console for months.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@Ralizah Not the dreaded TitS acronym again 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett It really is an unfortunate acronym. I do sometimes wonder if I'm not accidentally flagging my own posts for mod review or something when I use it.

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @Ralizah Could be worse. We could all be fans of a JRPG entitled Champion of Celestial Knights: Duel in Chaos Kingdom. That topic would be a moderator's nightmare.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

colonelkilgore wrote:

• Main objective for me would be to get to 100 Platinums, which will mean I’ll need to pop 30. If I go by my schedule I would get to 95 but I’m sure I can swing it by slipping in some ‘quickies’.
  • I’d also like to get a few more (if not all) of the PS3 games cleared from my backlog.
  • I always like to play through some ‘classic’ game series that I missed at the time, so I’m aiming to get through (& platinum if possible) Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection and the Devil May Cry trilogy next year.
  • I’m itching to play Hades but want to clear SuperGiant’s back-catalogue first, so I want to try and get Transistor and Pyre cleared by 2022’s midway point so I can make Hades my ‘side-game’ for the second half of the year.
  • Play at least two metroidvanias and two rogue-likes/lites.
  • half way in regards to my target for 2022 plats with 15 so far.
  • just started my first PS3 title of the year with God of War: Ascension
  • played through (& plat’d) the first part of the Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection, haven’t started the Devil May Cry games though and as I’ve had a little reschedule, probably won’t start them this year.
  • just played through Transistor (and really enjoyed it)… and should get Pyre cleared from the backlog too. Probably won’t make a start on Hades until 2023 though.
  • haven’t played a metroidvania yet but I have Castlevania: Requiem lined up for next month and probably Yoku’s Island Express for later in the year. Rogue-wise, I will be playing Returnal in the next couple of months but not sure if I’ll manage to get a second one in before 2023 in all honesty.

**** DLC!

Ralizah

@RogerRoger

That's the long-awaited sequel, I believe, to the cult classic Sega CD game Planet Eaters: Nightmare in Solaria. I've heard it's quite hard.

Yes, I am indeed the psychological equivalent of a ten-year-old.

kyleforrester87

Well I’m doing terribly on my mission to clear all the Dark Souls games, I bounced off Dark Souls 2 about half way through - it’s my second play through though so it doesn’t matter, that one’s finished. Dark Souls 1 and 3, however, continue unfinished and I doubt I will get them done before the year is out.

Maybe I will at least do one of them. I am thinking number 3.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@colonelkilgore let me know if Pyre is any good. Transistor is so good. Actually a rare platinum for me, don’t usually bother with that. Couldn’t get enough of it though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@Ralizah A damn clever ten-year-old. I struggled to find a decent pen... uh, no, wait, let me start that sentence again. I struggled to find a decent acronym for that particular word!

Probably because it was too long for me.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic