Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 941 to 960 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo "... Tracey!!!"

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Good idea!
Untitled

@KALofKRYPTON Jonathan Frakes outtakes are the best outtakes.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger With Dorn a very close second!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Very true! "Gawd, JEEEZUS!!"

It's often the actors in heavy make-up who corpse first since they're so tired, having been in a good two hours earlier than everybody else.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

Untitled

It’s time to return to 2410, Captains. Our multi-part, expansion-over-time that began with Age of Discovery and ended with Rise of Discovery is now complete, and with it we’ve brought a ton of excitement to Star Trek Online. A entirely new faction, a revamped tutorial experience, and six new episodes starring beloved actors Mary Wiseman, Jason Isaacs, and Rehka Sharma brought the story of Star Trek: Discovery to Star Trek Online. We gave experienced players more to do with updates like Random Task Force Operations, Tier 6 Reputations, and Personal Endeavors. And we unleashed the Featured Task Force Operation system, bringing new stories and experiences to our game more often.

Now, we’re moving back to our main setting, the year 2410. And we’re bringing Anthony Rapp with us.

Rapp, known to Star Trek fans as Paul Stamets on Star Trek: Discovery, is the star of our next content update, Star Trek Online: Awakening. During Age of Discovery, players witnessed J’Ula and her Klingon forces steal Mycelial technology, which pulled them forward to the year 2410. Captains must now follow this ruthless Klingon matriarch back to the 25th century to ensure she doesn’t corrupt the entire Mycelial Network in pursuit of her own dangerous agenda. Unfortunately, the insurmountable threat J’Ula poses to the universe also draws out the Elachi, who fear her actions will lead to the destruction of their home planet - and they will stop at nothing to protect it. In order to complete their mission, Captains must rely on the help of an astromycologist expert, a sentient hologram of the legendary Lieutenant Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S. Discovery to help them track down J’Ula and repair the tears she’s caused in the fabric of space.

Awakening will also shine a new light on Patrols, with a system that makes them easier to find and easier to play – and offers new rewards. We’re celebrating this by launching five brand new Patrols with Awakening, that see you jetting around the galaxy with Stamets and STO favorites like Captain Kuumaarke, stopping Ju’la’s plans. In addition, there will be a Mycelial Event coming which allows you to earn a new T6 Elachi ship by completing the new episode, patrols and TFO. Additional details will be released in the days leading up to Awakening’s launch on October 15th.

We’ll have more information for you this weekend at Star Trek Las Vegas, and even more details as we get closer to Awakening’s release. See you soon, Captains!

Original Article StarTrek.com: Star Trek Online Awakening Console Launch

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Anthony Rapp can get in the ****ing Sea 🙄

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Looks pretty promising. Will you be playing it?

Meanwhile, I'm over here, swearing at Star Trek: Hidden Evil for not being an easy installation on modern computers. Much rage!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Just did some quick reading on it - sounds like a bit of a nightmare! QuickTime! 😲😂

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON That isn't the problem; it comes on the disc, and installs it automatically for you if you don't have it already (although seeing its logo was a blast from the past!).

I think I've figured out what to do, but I'm tired, so it'll be tomorrow's task now.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Cool. I'll look forward to screenshots!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON If you'd seen screenshots from the game before, you wouldn't be saying that.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah i will mainly because it gets the game back to it's own story again and because i hate to leave things unfinished, every other season is 100% and it would just tick me off if i had one that wasn't

oh and as for Hidden Evil i found my copy a few days ago when i was re-arranging my room although i don't have a gaming P.C anymore and my laptop doesn't have a disc drive so i can't play it

i also found my copies of Generations, Klingon Honour Guard, Elite Force, Elite Force 2, The Fallen and Dominion Wars with it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo You'll have to let us know if it's any good. Hope it is!

Good retro discovery, by the way. Elite Force 2 is one I was considering at some point, too (and will consider more seriously now that I'm used to aiming with a mouse).

Would love to play Generations with the full voice cast but alas, it's apparently unworkable now.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger really that's a shame, i loved that game when i was younger

i'll have to go round my brothers and load it on his P.C see if it works or not

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I watched a bit of it on YouTube and immediately wanted it.

Hope you can get it working!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Speaking (in the other thread) about 'salty inferior console version tears' - I'd forgotten how janky the frame rate is on Elite Force on PS2!

Graphically it's not too bad, and doesn't look terrible over component - but it is quite choppy!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah and it has more load screens than Sonic 06 but it's still loads of fun

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON @FullbringIchigo I've always said that Elite Force on PS2 is "playable" but there are some sections towards the end which will stretch that word to its limit.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger to be honest though it was no mean feat to get a P.C game to run on a PS2, you have to give them props for just getting it to run on the system

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, absolutely. It was still good enough for me to consider it a favourite for many years.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic