Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 maybe but at the moment it's just his wishful thinking nothing more

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 true BUT with the news of CBS and Viacom merging they may also have decided to put a hold on all Trek films until that's done and a full road map of future content is done

after all CBS is the buyer so they will be the ones leading things in this situation and they might not want to do any more Kelvin stuff

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i'm pretty sure he said his movie would be Kelvin if he did one but as for mech revenue if i remember correctly that all belongs to Paramount although i guess now it's ViacomCBS but no Bad Robot didn't have any merch rights all they had was production rights and of course a share of the profits from the 3 films but now they have gone to WB that's all done with

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well for one the 25% thing was only a guide line but no that was set in place so Paramount could merchandise their films it had nothing to do with Bad Robot, they was just the production company for the films

as for secret hideout and Discovery why that was made under an alternate licence i believe it was so that Paramount couldn't then claim for anything that might have been used in the show as they still held certain rights to anything used in the first 10 movies

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Never actually settled. Its still in contention though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 no they would fall under the original licence which CBS held as they originated in the TV shows but if they say wanted Data to wear the Uniform he wore in the TNG movies or show the Enterprise-E as it looked in those films then they would have had to pay Paramount to use them

but like you said it's a mute point now as they are remerging again

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well we can but wait and see and hope for the best

RogerRoger

All I know is that the quote in the signature of @FullbringIchigo makes me think of this...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger HA! that was awesome

themcnoisy

Crazy posting this here but I am now playing a part of music designer for a Sci fi game which is a bit like Star Trek. I am making the music for it and it will release in 2020. Here's the second track called Rover Mission.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn2_Dt3s378

It's being built in Dreams and is extremely ambitious.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Now this, this I like. Strong flavours of Mass Effect which is no bad thing, not in the slightest (and the title "Rover Mission" helps make the connection with the first game's MAKO). Sounds like it'll suit that kinda gameplay perfectly. Thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger cheers bro. I've got a connection from playing dreams and he's making a star trek game. Its awesome so far and will be amazing once it's done.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Moving the discussion in here...

Have you never played Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force before, then? Or do you have it on PC, but can't play it so wanna grab the PS2 copy?

The PS2 version is competent but very limited. The framerate is a bear.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I have. I had it on PS2. I have a pc 'copy' that used to run to a point, but as I said, the laptop is toast and it doesn't support game pads anyway.

I kept the majority of my 2nd lot of PS2 stuff, but the launch model I had and traded went with everything I had for it before the platinum one came out and I bought stuff again 🙄

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah, gotcha. If you hadn't played it before, I would've implored you to track down a copy as soon as possible. It's a great slice of Star Trek and the PS2 version does the job.

I like how the show name-dropped a couple of the game's original characters around the time it was being developed, and how it takes place in a pretty big stardate gap between episodes, allowing for it to essentially fit with canon. A couple years ago, when I watched Voyager for the first time in a long time, I paused between "Live Fast and Prosper" (VGR) and "Muse" (VGR) to play the game over a couple evenings (similar to how I played 24: The Game between watching Day Two and Day Three).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well lets be fair it was on the PS2 after all, i'm surprised they was able to even get it running on that system

still bummed that the second game never got a console release though, that would have been an amazing game to have on the PS3 or 360

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Wow wow wow sweet child o'mine, we'll have no blaspheming in here! #PS24life

@RogerRoger The name drop is something I've never noticed! For shame...

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON no blaspheming at all i LOVE the PS2 but lets be honest the PS2 was no where near as powerful as the P.C's of the time so it was still a great feat getting the game to run on it and for it to look almost as good as the P.C version

of course on the flip side there is the long load times BUT at the end of the day we got a really good port of a P.C game which didn't happen very often back then

PS2
Untitled

P.C
Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo haha. All true.

But do you know what PC didn't get? Star Trek: Encounters! Possibly the least thematic Star Trek game ever made, but I do love it.

Ha! Look at the difference even in the HUD!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i really enjoyed Encounters and you know another one i enjoyed, Star Trek D.A.C, i even got every trophy and achievement on that game

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic