Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 601 to 620 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

so i have been replaying Star Trek

Untitled

and it just got me thinking about how a Mass Effect style Trek game would be awesome (the game plays kinda like a stripped down version of ME)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I have the same dream. I think I posted it in another topic, but I've always wanted a game where you're kinda lost and have to find your way home, like Voyager, but depending on the route you take and alliances (or enemies) you make, it'll play out differently every time. You could go "full Picard" and avoid conflict altogether, or just blast your way through to a reprimand / Court Martial when you reach Earth. You could form relationships with your senior staff, send shuttlecraft down to planets or on scouting missions for resources, and travel between sectors in kinda real-time, giving you a chance to wander around and just "be" on your chosen starship.

If only. Meanwhile, enjoy Star Trek PS3 as it's probably the closest we're ever gonna get.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger thing is it's not actually a bad game, it's pretty average yeah but still fun

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I loved the first mission aboard the disintegrating space station, dodging between cover as the shields failed and the solar flares kicked in. There was also the sequence with the "beaming guns" where you had to get yourself across that wrecked space station's surface, and I quite liked the freefall bits as well. Inventive flashes of genius in an otherwise "yeah, it'll do" shooter.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah loads of potential but not quite reaching it

FullbringIchigo

anyone see some of the DS9 season 8 concept art that is coming out of the "What we left behind" Documentary

Untitled

looks like they had turned the promenade where you can see the Wormhole into a shrine to Sisko, holding all the Orbs, it would have been pretty cool to see after actually

they should have added it to STO

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger another leaked, albeit poor quality picture of the Starfleet Uniforms in Picard and i think it's safe to say these ARE the Starfleet uniforms NOT Cadet ones, you can JUST make out rank pips on the right breast (out left) of the Woman in the Blue Uniform (i think she might be Vulcan too)

Untitled

it is also VERY reminiscent of the "Countdown" one like i thought it would be

EDIT here is a slight zoomed out, better quality version
Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo What's even better is that, in the zoomed-out shot, you get a half-decent impression that the commbadges are the "All Good Things..." (TNG) / "The Visitor" (DS9) / "Endgame" (VGR) ones. That'd make me way more happy than the uniform design (which, let's face it, changes quite frequently in Starfleet history, so maybe these are just the uniforms for the two or three years Picard will be set).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger they do look kind of like those combadges, i thought that but i didn't want to comment until i was sure or until an official picture of the uniform is released, which i hope isn't too long off as CBS should ride the hype it currently has

still even if it isn't exactly like those ones a similar one would be nice because after all it would be like the step between the VOY and AGT ones

assuming Starfleet would even use the AGT design that is, after all those were only ever shown in alternate futures so it's not guaranteed that they would now

still it's looking good so far

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Well, I always took alternate futures and history to mean events, not details; the fact that we've consistently seen three snippets of the future, across three different shows, using the same uniforms and commbadges gives me hope that that's actually where Starfleet were heading (okay, there were different commbadges in "Parallels" (TNG) and the real reason behind all this is that Paramount didn't wanna make new uniforms, but hey). It won't matter to me if those aren't the proper commbadges, not as much as the writing and acting quality of the final show, but it'd be a neat little touch if they were.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

So i have a question about Star Trek: Picard, we know that the Enterprise-E is still around at this point in time but we also know that because of the Merchandising Licence any ship has to be at least 25% different in order to merchandise it so with that being said do you think a REFIT Enterprise-E could show up in Picard (a refit would allow them to change it up but still be the E)

so do you think a Refit of this beauty will be in Picard?
Untitled

EDIT: a new behind the scenes pic just dropped, showing off the Uniforms again, this time from the back and they are actually a 2 piece uniform not a jumpsuit like i thought it was going to be
Untitled
that's pretty noice actually

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I don't think we'll see the E. At all.
Yeah, the uniforms look alright.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i think it might show up at the end of the season, like the Enterprise showed up at the end of Discovery Season 1

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'd rather not see it if it's going to be a refit to the scale of the Disco Prise.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON they don't have to change the scale just the design a bit, so it looks like the E but just a bit different, like how the 1701 refit looks like the classic but a bit different

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I didn't mean scale as in size, I meant 'to the extent of'.

The E is a great ship both pre and post refit. I'd rather not see it covered in extra glowing crap and greeblies for the sake of satisfying the licence.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i guess

what about the F or the Titan?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
Don't care about the F. Not a particularly nice design. Not sure where it sits regarding the licence.

For Titan, it's a really cool design but again, I'd rather they didn't show if it would have to be changed.

Not sure where either design fits regarding the potential licence issues 🤔

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well CBS are master licence holders so they can use any design from any trek they want, Kelvin, Games, Comics etc the only thing is they can't merchandise any new stuff based on designs from the original shows and films, in other words they could say create a new ship that is a Galaxy Class but they can't sell any toys of that ship (say it was the U.S.S Krypton, they couldn't sell a U.S.S Krypton toy)

and besides the Enterprise F as seen in STO isn't canon (because STO isn't canon), neither is the Titan (if i remember correctly the Titan was originally a Prometheus-class before it became a Luna Class and even that class in Non canon) so they could completely redesign those as far as i'm concerned

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON not great quality BUT

you can also JUST see the badge for a second and it looks like the one used in STO, plus he has a rank so it's definitely NOT a Cadet Uniform

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic