Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I think the only actual flashback (as in, previously filmed) will be from Star Trek 2009, and the filler from then to the show's present will be adapted from Kurtzman's comics, by either CG de-aging or by text recap.
Maybe something from Nemesis for the Romulan connection - but I doubt it.

And now I've written that down, it seems more likely to be what Kurtzman would do...

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON i wouldn't mind the Countdown Uniforms honestly
Untitled

they got that early DS9/Voy vibe going on and they were used by Starfleet from 2386-2390 (when the All Good Thing Uniform came in) which is right where Picard is meant to take place, plus it takes us back from the dark grey to a more colourful style so leads into the AGT uniform better than the TNG movie ones do

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
Now you've mentioned it - there will be no flashbacks in Picard.

There will be motion comic 'webisodes' .....

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger WAIT WHAT Amazon Prime and NOT Netflix???????, that is REALLY surprising, i guess the rumours of Netflix being unhappy with Discovery are true otherwise they would have picked this up

Star Trek "Picard" on Amazon Prime outside of America and Canada

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Oh snap!

Cue an entry for Picard being 'the most pirated Star Trek series of all time'!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON apparently in america you can get a booster for Amazon Prime so you can watch CBS All Access shows through it, so it should in fact be cheaper and easier for people in america to watch this show by the time it comes out

still both Amazon Prime and Netflix together cost less per month than Sky TV in the UK so i already have both anyway but it's just surprising because i was sure i read somewhere that Netflix got rights to all future Trek shows when they got Discovery

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo @KALofKRYPTON So a couple weeks ago, for the first time ever, I decided to take Amazon up on their repeated offer of a month's free trial of Amazon Prime (y'know how they always push it when you get to the checkout screen?). I had a couple things I wanted sooner rather than later (and a Black Series General Grievous... okay, he may have been the only thing) and thought okay, sure. I then spent the next ten minutes loading my phone with repeated calendar reminders to "CANCEL PRIME!!" before the month was up, because they'd automatically start charging me for it otherwise.

The first reminder is set to go off (with an LCARS error message sound effect, I hasten to add) at 9am tomorrow morning. And now I see this news.

All I can say is, thank goodness I'm not prone to paranoia.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger so what are you gonna do, wait until the entire series has dropped, get a month of Prime and binge watch it then cancel?

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo
I cancelled my last trial just last week. I only ever go for it when it pops up and I've ordered something. Never actually used it to watch anything on Prime Video.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON all the Trek movies are on there i think, at least they was last time i checked

you see my brother pays for Prime and i pay for Netflix and we just share each others accounts, it's cheaper that way

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo No, I might just keep it. Haven't quite decided yet, but the free next-day delivery is sporadically useful (I'm buying a lot of stuff at the moment). My partner has Amazon Prime already, however, so I'll talk to him and see (because I've got Netflix and he uses my account for that).

The issue is, when I'm at his and we're browsing around on Prime for things to watch, we can never find anything. I kinda hate how I've had to get these services to watch ONE show.

If it wasn't Picard, if it was any of the other new Trek things, I'd wait for the Blu-Rays.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger me and my brother do the same. i pay one, he pays the other and we both use them it's a great way to do it to be fair plus even if i was paying for both it's still cheaper a month than Sky TV is

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, absolutely. Even if I payed for both Netflix and Amazon, it's a steal compared to getting a TV Licence, getting Sky and still having to have them because I wanna watch Star Trek.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger

NEWS the new Picard series will be called Star Trek: Picard

but that's not what's getting people excited, a screenshot was shown and what got people attention was the Starfleet Officer just to the right, walking out of shot THE UNIFORM LOOKS LIKE A STAR TREK UNIFORM!!!!

Untitled

not much else is known but i'm actually really excited about it

oh and in *RUMOUR*vile Discovery Season 3 MIGHT not happen due to cost and licence issues if Netflix don't want it

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
Midnight's Edge video on the Amazon Prime announcement was interesting too.

I suspect that scene was the first and very recently filmed shot.

Uniform looks alright enough from what we can see. Looks 2360's with a collar, or some variation of an academy uniform.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON probably after all they just started filming, it's probably the very first scene of the entire series

as for the uniform it reminds me of Voyagers uniform and i LOVE that one, plus it kinda fits with the "Countdown" uniform too and a good bridge between the TNG Movie/DS9 uniforms and the "All Good Things" uniform ut i don't think it's a cadet one though because it's black and by this point cadet uniforms were grey

still i wonder if Picard is in his ambassador uniform or if this is just his everyday clothing

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo @KALofKRYPTON From the looks of things, this is a retired Picard being asked back to Starfleet HQ / Academy to deal with something, or maybe he's getting fired from teaching at the Academy because yeah, that really does look like the cadet uniform from "The First Duty" (TNG).

It's the look on his face drawing me towards the latter. That kind of polite-yet-peeved "Oh? Really?" That's gotten me more excited than the uniform, if I'm honest. I always struggle with picturing older actors returning to iconic roles but seeing that shot, I immediately see Jean-Luc Picard, not Sir Patrick Stewart. And so I've suddenly got some genuine hope for this show.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger like i said i see people saying that BUT i think people are forgeting those were phased out for these
Untitled

even into the alternate future uniforms, cadets still used grey
Untitled

but this uniform is Black like the countdown uniforms
Untitled

and tie much better into these than the TNG Film uniforms
Untitled

so i DON'T think these are cadet uniforms, i think they are Officer uniforms and people are only guessing that he is at Starfleet Academy, for all we know he could be at a Federation Embassy or heck even a space port, the image has no context at all

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo
Probably Starfeelt HQ.

Regarding the designs, anything is possible at this point so long as it's all more recognisably Star Trek than Discovery was initially.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well lets be honest that one out of focus picture is already more recognisably Star Trek than the whole of Discovery is

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic