Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 2,201 to 2,210 of 2,210

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 thing is with Kurtzman every once in a while he does get something right and when he does then it's great but it's so rare it's odds are like finding a bar of gold in the middle of the path

it's like he has flashes or talent that don't last very long

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

LN78

@FullbringIchigo I know Red Letter Media aren't to everyone's taste, but their 90+ minute Plinkett Review/complete savaging of "Picard" has just come out if you're interested.

LN78

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i'll give it a look, i think it's a good idea to see both the positive and negative reactions, it helps you make informed decisions

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

LN78

@FullbringIchigo I just watched the "in conclusion" chapter and it pretty much summed up the entire "Kurtzman Trek" experience in a couple of minutes. I'll watch the whole thing at the weekend.

LN78

FullbringIchigo

So i finally got round to picking this up, it's basically a re-release of the old Star Trek Fact Files from back in the day

Untitled

it also has some pics of the ships

Untitled

Untitled

and apparently the "Discoprise" is a temporary refit

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

also this is still awesome

LN78

@FullbringIchigo Have you seen "What We Left Behind" the "DS9" documentary? It's really good and the scenes from the show that they have remastered into HD look fantastic. I love that show so much - definitely my favourite. I went straight from the doc to watching "Children of Time" - what an all time classic that episode is!

LN78

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 yes i have seen it and the remastering was awesome shame it will never happen because VCBS say it's too expensive which too be fair given how much would need to be done and the hours of the series there is i wouldn't be surprised if it was very expensive

LN78

@FullbringIchigo It's down to the fact that all the CGI was rendered at an extremely low resolution - the broadcast standard (around 480i in NTSC) at the time allowed them to get away with it without it looking too bad. Basically to do a TOS/TNG style complete remaster would mean re-rendering pretty much every effects shot in the series and that ain't happening - it would cost a fortune. Such a shame.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic