Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 2,081 to 2,093 of 2,093

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Lenny cosplaying Seven of Nine is the icing on the cake!

Hey, speaking of embarrassing abbreviations (and since we're in the Star Trek topic), there was some amusement back when Discovery was announced. Paramount CBS had to issue a formal statement confirming that the "proper" shorthand for the show would be "DIS" and not the unfortunate alternative. Needless to say, many dissenting voices still refer to it as STD.

No worries, and hope you're enjoying your classic comedy films!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger thought I'd tag you but you've probably already seen this pic of "Janeway" from that new Star Trek prodigy show. She's got her signature cup of coffee!

Untitled

ralphdibny

nessisonett

Really cool that Q is coming back for Picard season 2 as well. I quite liked the first season outside of it going a little bit off the rails at the end.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Thank you! Been having a bit of a Trekkie week myself, so this is a really cool tag! She looks fantastic; they've really captured Kate Mulgrew perfectly there!

@nessisonett I've just finished re-watching Picard on Blu-Ray. Works much better when you binge it. I found it frustrating as a weekly show, but came away earlier with much more positive thoughts and hopes for the second season (although you're right, the penultimate episode is criminally rushed, and was my least favourite as a result... and I still can't stand how they treated the XBs).

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger no problem! 👍 I think I am going to have to cave and just watch Picard soon. Extended absences from my partner mean that our overall trek marathon is taking a longer break so it'll be years before I get there naturally. I'll just quietly watch it on my own!

ralphdibny

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Careful; I've only ever made that mistake once! I'd seek authorisation if I were you!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I have checked now based on your advice lol, all good 😅! Didn't you get done dirty recently with ten episodes of X files?!

ralphdibny

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Oh yeah, but that's only because I watched the entire second season of Star Trek: Discovery a couple years ago on the basis of a vague joke.

There was a satirical chart drawn in Private Eye recently entitled "Biggest Challenges in a Relationship" or something similar, and it was 10% marriage, 15% children and 75% pretending you hadn't seen the latest episode of a television show yet.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha so true, we still haven't gotten over the bitter pill of the final season of Peep show and it has remained unwatched...one day we will hopefully forget our television infidelity and watch it though, I am sure!

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny That happened to me the first time watching Peep Show too. I was so upset about it ending that I took about half a year to get round to seeing it through. It’s a perfect ending though!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett ahh I do that too for shows. I tend to watch them now though but I have a few moments where I'm about to burst into tears because it's the end. Finally got around to finishing runaways and cloak and dagger over the Easter break and felt that in droves

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I’m still mourning the loss of those shows. There’s definitely a place for them in the MCU but they seem to be trimming the other shows so that we can have everything the exact same flavour.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett yeah it's a big shame that they shuttered Marvel Television in favour of Marvel Studios doing TV shows. Would have been nice to have both I think but oh well, maybe some characters will make a reappearance here and there!

ralphdibny

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic