Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger could have done without the tragic backstory but yeah all in all it's nice the Riker's (or Troi's) were able to retire and live a happy life together

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh, sorry, my bad... wasn't even thinking of Picard there! I meant more that, somewhere around the Season Six mark in TNG, she was given a bit more of a personality. Deanna in the seventh season, the TNG movies and Voyager was what I was referring to; the fact she became this snarky badass after starting out in the early seasons as a wide-eyed bit of skirt.

Didn't like the tragic backstory for her appearance in Picard either, but I loved how she called Jean-Luc out for being a dispassionate, pompous ass. That's when I recognised her as Deanna again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah she definitely improved when as she said, they put her in a uniform

Best decision they made with her character

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo This one could be a real winner. I adore Anson Mount, Hell on Wheels was one of the best shows last decade and he really does make a good Pike. I’m glad the mess that was Inhumans didn’t stall his career.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett yeah he nailed Pike and i'm genuinely excited he is getting the lead in a series

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 looks like it, they are going for a more classic approach with this series

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well it's episodic with serialised character development so kinda like DS9 and Enterprise i would say but as for Section 31 from what i read they have put that on the back burner in order to fast track this new series through so who knows whats going on with that but it wouldn't surprise me if it was cancelled before too long, same with that CG Nickelodeon series

as for being a prequel honestly if it's good then i'm not fused but i would prefer them to go post Nemesis/Picard in the next show but then again with Discovery going to the 32nd century (or there abouts) wouldn't EVERYTHING technically be a prequel

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 you're forgetting this is CBS or ViacomCBS now and they love to have multiple shows in the same universe going at once for example they had NCIS, NCIS LA, NCIS New Orleans, Hawaii 5-0, MacGyver, Scorpion and Magnum P.I all on the go at once and they are ALL set in the same universe, they have all even crossed over at some point

so it's not like they can't do it

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i would say it's more akin to the MCU than Star Wars with what VCBS are trying to do

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well we can but wait and see i suppose, you never know they might actually crack it this time

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i try to give any new Trek the benefit of the doubt regardless of who creates it and i'll make my mind up once i have seen the show

in this case they are saying the right things, "Episodic", "Classic Trek"

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 it's Star Trek so i will always be there for the start of a new show or the latest film, Trek is a huge part of my life, it's always been there from birth (my mum even went into labour with me half way through an episode) and it's optimism and hope helped me get through a very bad patch of my life too so yeah i'll be there for any new Trek regardless

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 you know the old saying "you need to brave the storm to get through to the calm on the other side"

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well apparently the lady in charge of VicaomCBS is a huge Trek fan and sees it as their flagpole franchise so maybe she can help get it on track (i wouldn't be surprised if this new series was her idea)

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 of course there is also the chance that as Kurtzman's 5 year contract is up soon he might be trying to make himself indispensable so he doesn't get let go

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 thing is with Kurtzman every once in a while he does get something right and when he does then it's great but it's so rare it's odds are like finding a bar of gold in the middle of the path

it's like he has flashes or talent that don't last very long

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i'll give it a look, i think it's a good idea to see both the positive and negative reactions, it helps you make informed decisions

FullbringIchigo

So i finally got round to picking this up, it's basically a re-release of the old Star Trek Fact Files from back in the day

Untitled

it also has some pics of the ships

Untitled

Untitled

and apparently the "Discoprise" is a temporary refit

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

also this is still awesome

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic