Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 hey at least they will finally be able to stop pretending that Discovery is Prime then

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well ignoring all the hyperbole from people like him AllAccess has done OK for PCBS so he is right on that count i suppose

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i don't think Netflix will, not after the disaster Discovery was for them but for Amazon maybe because Picard did quite well for them and they are on better terms with PCBS than Netflix is

Jessiex

I got into star trek in 2014 when my Trekkie friend showed me TNG. Been a fan ever since.

Can't wait for PS5!

FullbringIchigo

@Jessiex i honestly don't know when i started watching it, it's always been there

I was even born during a episode of TOS

Started early it seems

FullbringIchigo

Patrick Stewart gave a interview and dropped a few hints about season 2 of Picard

WARNING contains spoilers for season 1 of Star Trek Picard

https://trekmovie.com/2020/05/13/patrick-stewart-talks-startl...

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i can't say anything about the quality it was mainly talking about what other TNG characters could turn up

As for Empire i imagine that a lot of stuff will be coming in the coming weeks, i'm looking forward to it

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well CBS have been making a lot of changes behind the scenes especially now the Viacom merger has happened so i have to wonder if it was Stewart who wanted no cameos or if it was CBS

After all Stewart gets on really well with his TNG cast mates so why wouldn't he want them to show up?

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 i don't want to think about his klingons or how worf will look BUT as they have already shown a picture of Worf in Picard they can't change it too much

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 yeah you know that bit during the interview, they did a montage of some of Picard's accomplishments and one showed him and Worf in the Klingon council chambers

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 they probably won't say a word after all they threw the "Discoprise" in an episode and said nothing

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 @RogerRoger i thought this might be interesting to you

it's official, new Trek series staring Pike

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Thanks for the tag; I'll show up for it, more out of morbid curiosity to begin with. Will probably end up enjoying it, though, because Anson Mount.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger he was the brightest spark in that entire season

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Wasn't he just? I can see why they've commissioned this series (I also liked Rebecca Romijn's take on Number One, although I can take or leave yet another Spock) so I hope they lean on those strengths. I'd quite like it to be episodic, none of this apocalyptic season arc nonsense; let's just fly around with them, getting into all sorts of trouble every week!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah me too, it probably wont be episodic though because nearly everything on TV now a days has to be a serialised arc although they really should make it episodic because it would actually set it apart from most other modern sci-fi shows

FullbringIchigo

So with the official announcement of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds obviously the Trek fandom is all talking about it (both good and bad of course) but at least it explains why he was included on this official poster (also The Animated Series is on it too about time it got recognised)

Untitled

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo It's extremely nerdy of me for my first thought to have been "Oh, cool, they're using the Enterprise-D from "These Are The Voyages" [ENT] in official artwork!" isn't it?

Also quite telling that we've got a bunch of series leads, then Spock (obviously, and a neat way to represent the animated series, as you say) but then also Worf (okay, he was in two shows, so that's kinda fair) and Deanna (er...?) which, not to downplay their importance, seems a bit random. Hinting at further cameo appearances in the next season of Picard, perhaps?

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i think it's more that Picard is representing Star Trek Picard because he is older and not in uniform so Worf and Troi are representing TNG in this case

it is also nice to see the Animated series finally being confirmed canon because this is a poster representing all of Trek Prime continuity

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo True, good point... still, Deanna...? Although she was a not-insignificant part of Voyager, as well as in the aforementioned "These Are The Voyages", so I'm probably doing her a disservice. I love where her character ended up.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic