Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah that's about right

of course sometimes that's what a franchise needs, Trek didn't and neither did Star Wars though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 No.

Considering the state of the existing Blu-Rays - I doubt I'll ever buy another Star Wars disc again. I have the OKish DVDs that came with the theatrical versions from a few years ago. They'll do.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 no, i already have all the other movies so i don't see the point, i am getting Rise on DVD though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @LN78 @KALofKRYPTON anyway onto Star Trek Online and the recently released Legacy episodes i have a few images to share, i don't really think they are spoilers as the episodes have been on P.C for over a month already

Arriving at Exalbia
Untitled

"we are the Borg, Resistance is futile"
Untitled

".....is it though?"
Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Wow, that character model for Seven is a vast improvement over her original appearance in the Delta Rising storyline. As proven by the fact that I can recognise her as Seven, and not a melting candle shoved in the neckline of a catsuit.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah the newer stuff, since the first Discovery episode dropped on the game has definitely improved character models and animations, shame they either can't or wont go back and update the older ones

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Very nice!

Though lady-Borg second in from the right is rather... booby!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

RUMOUR Star Trek Discovery green lit for a 5th season

looks like it's here to stay people

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 emm Midnights Edge i dunno his content can be hit or miss and quite often ends up being completely false

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 AND lets not forget the breakdown of the relationship with Netflix who own distribution rights outside of the U.S

like i said it's a rumour but this IS ViacomCBS we are talking about so it wouldn't surprise me if it was true as they quite often green light multiple seasons at once and now the licence is back under one roof they might have more plans for it

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 well with season 3's production done i imagine it wont be long until news about whats coming is released

but if i'm honest i'm more interested in whats happening on the film side of things, will we be getting a 4th Kelvinverse film or will it be returning to Prime because we know they are doing a new film

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 that's kind of a shame because while they dropped the ball with Into Darkness the first and the third were pretty fun films but the potential there was huge, a brand new universe free from the constraints of the other shows and films, it should have been a gold mine

FullbringIchigo

SPOILER ALERT, thanks to the official Star Trek Twitter page and the fact ViacomCBS doesn't give a **** that it hasn't been aired outside of america yet a MAJOR part from tomorrow episode has been spoiled for me

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

They killed off Hugh

**** social media

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 Hope you do.

I increasingly don't, though I haven't watched this week's yet. Unlike Disco, there's more there the 'please', but this also comes with the consequence of reminding me how much better Star Trek was before the dark times.

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I doubt it very much if that's your criteria!

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 You'll be in no doubt that you're watching something Kurtzman is elbow deep in.

FullbringIchigo

KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i thought Kurtzmans company was called Secret Hideout?, isn't Bad Robot JJ's?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Yep, Bad Robot is where the franchise 'revival' began though - and the top of the slope down to JJ cutting loose and Kurtzman coming in.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic