Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i think they used that because it's probably the only thing the young un's would understand now a days

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Certainly a stronger episode than last week. The scorpion queen was a bit... recycled.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

... I keep forgetting this isn't just the trek thread (though it's still the main use of it) and that Doctor Who was on. So... Yeah I think you can get that I didn't watch it 😅

... Not that I would anyway.

I was hoping that the fresh start would be good, especially as I never liked Moffat taking over as showrunner (The first season with Smith was good... the rest were pretty blurgh to me)... Watched all of Jodie's first season and found it rather dire, just like when I tried watching Capaldi's first season (Though Jodie feels a bit hollow or wooden in the role honestly which is disheartening)

I feel old though thinking about if it should be cancelled/put on hiatus again though as I do remember catching the last few episodes of Slyvester McCoy's tenure before it got cancelled... I think I was a bit too young to recall Colin Baker

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

So Star Trek Picard has released in the U.S today and will release in the UK tomorrow and so far the response has been positive but it remains to be seen if it can keep it up over the coming weeks

on another note this piece of news dropped yesterday

that's right people Guinan is back in Picard season 2, i wonder hoe the character will be used?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Even the most despairing written review I've seen was rather praising - so I'm tuning them out as it all reads like shills are shilling as per.

Shame it looks like it's a weekly drop rather than the entire series, but I'll give it a watch tomorrow.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah it's weekly but i think that's more to do with how CBS release their shows on All Access so the international distributor has to do the same

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That's a beautiful moment with Ms. Goldberg there, thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger did you see the smile she had on her face after he asked, that was a grin of pure joy

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo She's adorable. So looking forward to seeing Guinan again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

OK so i watched the first episode of Star Trek Picard and i gotta say i enjoyed it, i'm not gonna post spoilers but i wasn't expecting that to happen BUT it seems some of the theories were kinda right, not 100% right

on a different note it looks great in terms of it's cinematography but there wasn't much shown in terms of CG but what was shown also looked good

anyway i think this one hit the mark unlike Discovery but then again this show isn't pretending to be a Star Trek series like Discovery is but it is a series set in the Star Trek universe if that makes sense and in my opinion that why it work, it doesn't have to feel like the other shows because it's not that kind of series, it's not a ensemble series like the old ones but a more self contained, character driven show

in sort i liked it and am looking forward to the next episode

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Good to hear.

I'll get on it later.

FullbringIchigo

in other news about Picard to celebrate they are adding the new uniforms into STO, available now on P.C and coming soon to consoles

Untitled

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detai...

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I'm still not a fan of those.

KALofKRYPTON

Urgh!!!!

You all know I'm not one to shy away from spoilers, but I actively stopped looking in to Picard a little while ago. My expectations were set and I was just going to let it ride and see what I thought.

Just scrolled past an article with a pretty big spoiler in the headline! Actually quite annoyed!

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah that sucks, it's why i watched it as soon as i got up today and don't actively search for it online

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON I've had to tell google I'm not interested in some of the shows I'm watching, otherwise my news feed and YouTube gets bombarded with stuff about em.

I've had games spoiled cos the next video recommended was the next section/boss for the guide I was watching. Grrrrrr.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

Well, Picard was alright actually.

Played much safer than the marketing junkets would have us believe.

There is a core element to the story that I find a little nonsensical, and the reproduction period uniforms look awful. But, it is still more Star Trek than Discovery, excellent use of Bruce Maddox - and again, despite the press and perhaps some easing in early on, this feels very much like Jean-Luc Picard and Starfleet actually.

Looking forward to more 😁

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i thought they looked a bit cheap myself but it's probably just them trying to save money on the re-shoots, like they just grabbed a Anovos one that would normally be sold to the public

i didn't mind though, at least they tried to keep to canon unlike Discovery and it's uniforms

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo they were a bit... Ebay. But I'm glad that it surpassed my admittedly low expectations.

RogerRoger

Wasn't gonna, but watched Picard yesterday and was thoroughly impressed. Patrick Stewart was obviously spectacular, but I really liked everybody around him as well, particularly Dahj. I didn't even mind the darker, more cynical take on Starfleet and humanity in general (represented so effectively by the uncomfortable interview scene) because it obviously has a point, although I'll be disappointed if restoring hope and humanitarianism isn't one of the long-term arcs of the series.

My only quibble about the uniforms was that Data should've been wearing the TNG one aboard the Enterprise-D dream, as should Picard, and then the NEM one opposite a civilian Picard whilst painting in the vineyard, because then they'd have made canon sense.

But that's the kind of nitpicking I'm desperate to avoid. This show isn't Discovery. It doesn't deserve it.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic