Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 RUMOUR but then again that rumour is going around every year

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger true or it could just mean Picard and any potential future shows which should be more in line with prime now that CBS and Viacom have reemerged

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

on a plus note this means that people can finally stop arguing about if the Animated Series is canon or not, it's there so it is

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @LN78 They have also given a release date for Star Trek Picard, January 23rd U.S and January 24th International

Star Trek Picard Release Date

RogerRoger

FullbringIchigo wrote:

on a plus note this means that people can finally stop arguing about if the Animated Series is canon or not, it's there so it is

...until I watch it and decry it as a bunch of nonsense, as I already do a lot of the original series anyway.

Only kidding!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @LN78 by the way i added Discovery to the timeline and even though i couldn't find the right font in paint this is how easy it would have been for them to do it

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @LN78 UPDATE: they have reuploaded the video to include Discovery
Untitled

the fact this took less than a day makes me think the original upload was a mistake and it was an old one but they should have checked first because it's not only causing arguments on social media but it also caused a flood of youtube videos about how Discovery isn't canon

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo ...and yet, still no "Carpenter Street" (ENT).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger nor times arrow (TNG)

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Oh yeah! D'oh!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @LN78 so someone posted on twitter how over th course of the season Pike got really grey in the hair and even looked a bit older by the end

Untitled

maybe it was the Time Crystal cave or maybe just the stress of being on the Discovery but it's a bit odd he would age SO much over the time period

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I really need to watch the second season at some point.

Looks much better grey; distinguished and captain-esque. The first shot is a bit "Just for Men box art".

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Just a bit of a dye job it looks like. I agree with Rog, better grey.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON what's odd is i watched the season as it aired and i never noticed the change at all

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I sincerely hope that this means the end of whatever Tarantino was planning. Not particularly a Kelvinverse fan, but I'd rather not have QT anywhere near Trek.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 to be fair i can understand why Pine did it, he had already signed a contract for the 4th film and already accepted a pay and i wouldn't be happy if it was me and Paramount turned around and basically said "look we effed up the budget on the last one and while it was a well received film it didn't make as much as we wanted so we're cutting your pay for the next one"

i would have told them to jog on too

as for not making a hit well he did that film for Netflix (which was actually pretty good mind you) and he has been filming Wonder Woman 1984 so i don't think it's not making a hit but more that he was busy with other projects

although on a side note now CBS has brought Viacom it's possible that little cash injection is what made it viable to make another film, regardless of what people think of the quality of the CBS Trek (as CBS had nothing to do with the first 6 shows or 13 movies i call anything Discovery onwards CBS Trek) CBS are on a bit of a Trek push right now (since they booted out the CEO who hated Trek) so now they own the movie side too i expected a new movie to be in the works sooner or later although i'm surprised it's going to be a Kelvinverse one i was expecting a Discovery style one maybe with Pike on the Enterprise (which in all honesty i would watch, Mount was great as Pike in season 2 and i would love his character to be expanded)

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

RogerRoger

@LN78 Well, at last report Tarantino was all fired-up and ready to go, with a script basically finished and meetings with Paramount expected to result in a green light. Either those meetings didn't go as well as planned or, as @Fullbringlchigo notes, there's been a change in direction from management.

I'm not surprised that they're returning to the Kelvin Timeline, though. There are different tiers of Star Trek now, created by the "more accessible and popularist" push JJ Abrams spearheaded in 2009, and so I think gone are the days where a television cast will make the jump to the big screen. Joe Public will go and see Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana and Chris Hemsworth in a flashy blockbuster whatever the title, as will their established fans, alongside Trekkies. That's a much more attractive business prospect than "streaming is keeping people away from the cinema, so let's take this streaming project and adapt it for cinema" and only getting Trekkies turning out.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo great 😢

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Hey, c'mon now, it won't be that bad... surely?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic