Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,292

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, my brother was into Transformers. I never really was, although I seem to remember putting a Dr. Eggman toy I had into the body and legs of an Optimus Prime (it fit perfectly!) to make a new boss for my little Sonic figure to fight.

@FullbringIchigo Good point, I'd forgotten about the KRE-O stuff. Thanks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That sounds like it would've been Power Master Optimus Prime, my all time favourite childhood toy!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I, er... wouldn't know. To me it was the Death Egg Mk.3 mech suit!

Speaking of merchandise, Eaglemoss have finally started getting around to designs I wished for, but never thought they'd do. The next shuttlecraft set has Admiral Janeway's armoured shuttlecraft, SC-4, and they're also doing a special issue for the Son'a Command Ship. There's also gonna be an XL release of the Enterprise-J after they've completed the current run. Yay!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger This bad boy!
Untitled

I've seen them touting a few of the upcoming ships on FB. The new shuttle set is quite a good selection. It'll be interesting to see an XL version of the J...

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON That's the chap! Thank you!

I'm behind on the shuttlecraft sets. I wanna get the previous one, since it has both the Type-8 from Voyager and the Galileo from The Final Frontier. Two all-time favourites.

They're also doing an XL DS9 and it actually comes with a stand this time!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I quite like the original DS9, it's just the right size to be on a shelf or desk. Doubt I'll actually ever shell out any more of the Eaglemoss stuff, but it's cool to see that they're still going after so long!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON i have my DS9 sitting on top of my PS4, it looks nice there

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'm constantly surprised that they're still going, and with such diversity. It's hopeful proof that there's still a market out there for legacy merchandise; I don't wanna keep banging this drum, but apparently their Discovery line sells the worst, which is why their Discovery version of the Enterprise was sold as part of the regular series.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Nice! I can picture that working really well.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Possibly a 'problem' with Star Trek in general is that a lot of fans are only really interested in legacy flavoured merchandise

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i also have the Defiant in front of it so when you sit and look at the PS4 it looks like the Defiant is flying away from the station

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON they just posted a close up of Admiral Picards Uniform (circa 2385) on twitter from Destination Star Trek

Untitled

i can't imagine they would just make it for no reason so perhaps we will see it in some kind of flash back?

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo @RogerRoger
Can't say that I love it.

That combadge looks like plastic. #negative #icanthelpit

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON @RogerRoger here is a full length picture

Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I have no idea how to type the 'vomit' emoji... but consider this space right here '...' the vomit emoji. That's awful.

What's the betting the design wasn't much like that to start with, then the troubles with merchandisers kicked off and someone said: 'make it look more Star Trek!'

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON honestly it's not that bad, a damn site better than the Discovery Uniforms and their stupid Gold, Silver and Bronze colouring

but your probably right about it being changed due to the merchandiser backlash and if it was i would be interested to see what the original design was like

plus it kind of reminds me of one of the Uniforms from STO, one of the "Jupiter" style ones

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Thanks for the tag! I actually don't mind the uniform at all. Whilst I agree, it does lean heavily towards a Star Trek Online vibe, I'll take that kind of "outlandish canon" approach over a more absurd, we-don't-even-care Discovery one.

@KALofKRYPTON I'm glad the combadge looks plastic, because that's how they looked before. At the beginning of The Next Generation, they tried metal (like all the "official" fan costume ones are) and it kept causing lens flair. Since JJ Abrams wasn't in charge of the franchise yet, they switched to a resin mould with a metallic-effect paint job. I've got two prop replicas from Voyager and they look just as plastic as the one in the above shot; I'm sure it'll be fine in motion.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON SO do you remember Lower Decks and the uniforms on the upcoming animated show?

Untitled

well for Halloween one of the editors for the show wore an official Lower Decks Starfleet uniform

Untitled

so what do you think about how it looks "in the flesh" so to speak, personally i think it's not that bad, a bit derivative of the TNG one but TNG's was awesome

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
That looks alright. Looks like the cosplay jacket has the lower torso pattern wrong, and it could absolutely lose the coloured band at the trouser hem, but it is OK.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON the thing is it's not a cosplay uniform, it's the official one made for the production team, she just wore it for Halloween

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic