Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 to be honestly it would have been better as an anthology series and i really wish they had kept to that but i guess they realised just how much that would have cost and decided against it, just picture it each season you would have to hire a new cast, build new sets create new uniforms and props, that's expensive unless you go with an animated series then that cuts the cost significantly

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Ronnie Cox makes Chain of Command for me!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON yeah i liked him in that
Untitled

hated his character in Stargate SG-1 though
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON You could tell how good a captain Jellico was; he had his own catchphrase ("Get it done!") straight out of the box. Only the best captains have catchphrases!

Best thing he achieved? He got Deanna out of those damned outfits and into a proper uniform.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger remember what Marina Sirtis said about that

"It covered up my cleavage and, consequently, I got all my brains back, because when you have a cleavage you can't have brains in Hollywood. So I got all my brains back and I was allowed to do things that I hadn't been allowed to do for five or six years. I went on away teams, I was in charge of staff, I had my pips back, I had phasers, I had all the equipment again, and it was fabulous. I was absolutely thrilled."

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo ...and the fact it took so long, on a show that was supposedly at the forefront of being "woke" on such issues, is more than a bit shameful. I really adore Deanna Troi as a character in the last two seasons of TNG, the movies, in Voyager and in "These Are The Voyages..." (ENT). She had personality, she had purpose, she was three-dimensional, and it's astounding that she wasn't allowed to be those things until she got back in her uniform. She had her moments before, don't get me wrong, but she wasn't consistently a favourite until she got dressed properly.

I'm so pleased she's back for Picard. It'd be lovely to see everybody, of course, but if we could have only picked two then I'd definitely have picked Will and Deanna as personal favourites.

Would quite like to see Beverly again, too, if only because Gates McFadden is a great actor who was criminally underused in the show itself, and the films. Of everybody who perhaps deserves a much, much better final note to their character, she moves to the top of the list.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger personally i would love to see what Geordi is up too, he and Data were my favourite characters in TNG

i would love to know if he eventually got married and had a family like he wanted and if he got a command of his own like the alternate future seen in the Voyager episode Timeless

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo If somebody mentions Captain LaForge of the Starship Challenger, even as background dialogue over a Starfleet Command tannoy or something, I'll be a happy fan.

It suited me for Pulaski, so it'll suit me for Geordi.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah that would be enough for now

on a side note didn't they do that in Rouge One with Hera and the Ghost?

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yep, and then some.

Not only is there a call for General Syndulla, you can also see Chopper rolling across the background of a Yavin IV hangar shot. The Ghost is seen three times; once parked outside the Yavin IV hangar, then twice during the climactic space battle.

Also, the Hammerhead corvettes used in said space battle were taken directly from Rebels, when the producers realised they needed an imaginative way to take down a Star Destroyer.

There was also supposed to be a nod to Sabine, but it got cut (likely at the request of Dave Filoni).

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger it's nice when they do little things like that

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger oh by the way i have changed my avatar but don't worry it's just for Halloween and i'll change back after

on the plus side it's still Tuvok

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I noticed. Poor Neelix!

Funnily enough, I've been wanting to change mine for the past couple days, and was thinking of something from Star Wars: Rebels to build hype for Jedi: Fallen Order... then you asked me about Hera and the Ghost yesterday, and now have changed your avatar today.

It's a conspiracy!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger here is a good one

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @LN78 @KALofKRYPTON OK now i know that when it comes to Discovery your not exactly thrilled BUT this is huge news, Channel 4 has brought the rights to Discovery in the UK, it will begin airing reruns on E4 next year and after Season 3 is done on Netflix they will show that

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/channel-4-buys-man-a-p...

i have to wonder though if this means the rumours of CBS and Netflix cutting ties were true, i mean Discovery is still a well watched show and i can't see any other reason why Netflix would let it go

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I reckon Netflix/CBS were tied together for season 3. I expected that Amazon might take up Discovery, but considering the rumoured production friction for Picard - I think it's pretty telling that CBS have gone to Channel 4 with Discovery!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON from what i read the friction on Picard wasn't between CBS and Amazon but CBS and Merchandisers as they didn't believe the original vision of the show would appeal to long term fans, the people who actually buy the merch and so demanded changes before they would buy merchandising rights causing reshoots and redesigns

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 it's a bit confusing but E4 is a Digital TV channel, it's on normal TV just means it's not on the Analogue broadcast system but the Digital broadcast system so you will need something like a freeview box or a cable provider to access it

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo That's correct, but I think Amazon would've been concerned too. I find it pretty suspect that they're not interested in picking up Discovery - certainly with Picard as a companion show already in place.

@LN78 Probably not a terrible move for E4, but I can't imagine they're paying so much for it that they outbid anyone else in UK broadcasting for the privilege. It's the sort of thing Sky could pick up without batting an eyelid at the cost if they'd wanted to.

FullbringIchigo

@LN78 this might clear it up a little

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/e4-secures-uk-exclusive-m...

as it says

The deal with CBS Studios International also gives E4 the UK linear television premiere of Star Trek: Discovery.

so it IS going to be on TV but it sounds like it was included as part of a package deal for the Matt LeBlanc show

also a quote from Barry Chamberlain, President of Sales, CBS Studios International,

“We’re excited to bring the linear television rights for Star Trek: Discovery to the international market and launch in the UK with our valued friends at Channel 4.

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic