Forums

Topic: PushSquare Forums Weekend Quiz

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,050

Th3solution

Weekend is over, by a long shot, and so the quiz is too. The answers are below:

What video game character said the following and in what game?

PS2

1. “I raised you, and loved you, I’ve given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There’s nothing more for me to give you. All that’s left for you to take is my life.”

-The Boss, MGS3

2. “Should you be alive, if it's even possible to continue to exist in these sealed lands, one day perhaps you will make atonement for what you've done.”

-Lord Elon, Shadow of the Colossus

PS3

3. “I’ve struggled a long time with survivin’, but no matter what, you have to find something to fight for.”

-Joel, The Last of Us

4. “Tell me... What are you scared of? Failing to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?”

-The Joker, Batman Arkham Asylum

5. “A man chooses; a slave obeys”

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

6. “Yeah, good luck pal, that's almost impossible to — Oh, You did it.”

-Nathan Drake, Uncharted 2

7. “What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves.”

-Clay Kaczmarek, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

8. “Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters. Their silence is your answer.”

-Javek, Mass Effect 3

9. “It ain’t no secret I didn’t get these scars falling over in church.”

-John Marston, Red Dead Redemption

10. “One thing I've learned, if you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all.”

-Booker DeWitt, Bioshock Infinite

PS4

11. “Everything is true; except for the lies.”

-Fragile, Death Stranding

12. “Whatever's going on between us, it's... intense, and new, and awesome, and... You had the courage to tell me that you feel it, too.”

-Rachel, Life is Strange Before the Storm

13. “Fear is proof that your imagination is functioning. Frankly, I feel bad for anyone who can’t feel fear. Without imagination, you can never deduce which action to take next.”

-Kyoko Kirigiri, Danganronpa

14. “Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment?...”

-2B, NieR Automata

15. “I fought my way past an army while you cowered in this cave, do you really think you can stop me?!”

-Aloy, Horizon Zero Dawn

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Th3solution

Here are the results:

In a tie for 1st place and co-rulers of the game character quote throne is —
@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy 16/30
@RogerRoger 16/30
Both of whom deployed a similar tactic and guessed every PS4 game quote they didn’t know to be from Death Stranding. Am I that transparent? 😂

And in a very close 2nd place, or is it third place since we have a tie for first.... whatever. Runner up is —
@nessisonett 15.5/30
Who only missed joining the top of the podium by dishonoring one of the great maniacal intellects of gaming by calling Andrew Ryan “that Andrew something guy” so he got only half a point there.

And next was —
@mookysam 15/30
Who racked up a lot of half point / partial credit by at least getting the game series correct on a lot of them, including the only one to get #7 came from an Assassin’s Creed game and also got credit for the closest description to Lord Elon in #2.

Next —
@crimsontadpoles 9.5/30
With a valiant effort and is likely kicking himself for missing #13 from Danganronpa which no one got correctly. In a game with so many awesome quotes it’s hard to remember them all. Also, I could see how Captain Quark could be considered PlayStation’s quippiest hero. 🤔

Followed by —
@LieutenantFatman 8.5/30
Who may have forgotten to answer a few questions but still did admirably.

And finally —
@Gremio108 6/30
Whose guesses included the likes of Trico, Rayman, and the spirit of Tiger Woods ... I think he must play his games with the TV muted, that’s the only explanation I can think of to account for his dismal performance.

— — — — — —

Great job guys and gals. I now need to turn over the mantle of quizmaster to someone much more capable for next weekend. @themcnoisy are you out there, sir? Fancy a shot at writing the next quiz?

Edited on by Th3solution

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

@Th3solution I really need to play Bioshock 😂😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

crimsontadpoles

Oh wow, I'm really kicking myself over question 13. It's even my favourite character from Danganronpa 1 who said it as well. I knew that quote sounded familiar.

Excellent quiz @Th3solution . I'm amazed I did this well as I did, bearing in mind the only answer I knew for sure was that wonderful Nier: Automata quote.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Well, gosh darn it. I nearly put Rachel Amber down for the Life is Strange: Before the Storm quote. That'll teach me to play it safe; now I have to share this throne with @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and I'm pretty sure it was only designed for one butt. Looks like it'll be "awkwardly perched on the arm rest" for me, then!

Excellent quiz, as always! Thanks for putting it together!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution thanks Sol. I have been mega busy since going back to work. Gaming wise I platinated a few games and then have no time to game so have thrown on Rocket League the last few days zombified, I could get a quiz together but I would like to pass the opportunity to run a quiz too......

@BearsEatBeets I know you don't participate but you know your games! You write a quiz on the Friday for the weekend and then score the entrees up. If you can't do it I will pass it back to one of the regulars.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BearsEatBeets

@themcnoisy I've not done many as usually when I have a look I know very few answers. Seeing as I'm off work this week I'll have time to have a go at making one. I'm on it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

RogerRoger wrote:

now I have to share this throne with @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and I'm pretty sure it was only designed for one butt. Looks like it'll be "awkwardly perched on the arm rest" for me, then!

That line really quite tickled me @RogerRoger 😁 I'll awkwardly seat myself on the other arm for our joint victory! Well done!

Thanks to @Th3solution for such an entertaining quiz!

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

mookysam

Surprised I did so well given my shocking memory @Th3solution! I also accidentally deleted my answer to question 3, which would have been correct. 😂 Thanks for a fun and interesting quiz!

#BlackLivesMatter

PSN: mookysam

Gremio108

@Th3solution Yeah, I've disgraced myself here. The two PS2 games I definitely should have got. Absolutely unforgivable. The PS3 games I could have done better on as well.

The PS4 section I absolutely went to pieces. Shockingly I've only played Horizon out of those. Not that it helped me get the answer.

Excellent quiz though, I really enjoyed it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets Awesome! I look forward to it.

@mookysam Wow, that’s unfortunate that you accidentally omitted your answer. You could have been in sole possession of the throne. 😄

————————

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Well, my friend - I hope you know I’m only joking with you. It was a very niche quiz.
I’ve spent my fair share of time at the bottom of these quizzes. I believe I had a pretty long streak going where I was dead last for like 6 weeks straight at one point. 😂
If only Angela Lansbury has made an appearance, then I could have definitely thrown in some bonus points.

Edited on by Th3solution

————————

Gremio108

@Th3solution One day, someone will make a Murder She Wrote game, and it will revolutionise the way we do quizzes forever

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Um...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder,She_Wrote(video_game)

And it had a sequel.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Okay so I've taken a punt at doing a weekend quiz. It's all based around my own gaming experiences and I've kept it all pretty much this gen so hopefully everyone can have a go. Hard to know if I've made it too easy or obscure but here it goes.

First round is for trophy hunters especially, can you name the game from the trophy?

1. COMO TE LLAMA
2. BON APPETIT
3. BENEVOLENT LEADER
4. I COULDN'T HOLD IT IN
5. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
6. LEND ME YOUR EARS
7. HELLO, OLD FRIEND
8. STOP HITTING YOURSELF
9. STAGE FRIGHT

Second round, how well do you know your npcs? Let me know which games these peeps appear in.

10. BELETHOR
11. YURI WATANABE
12. MORDIN SOLUS
13. SAE NIIJIMA
14. NICK VALENTINE
15. NIGHTSISTER MERRIN
16. PHILLIP STRENGER
17. MIRACLE JOHNSON

Round three, photo round I will call EXTREME CLOSE-UP! Can you name the character from the zoomed in pic?

18. Untitled

19. Untitled

20. Untitled

21. Untitled

Final round. Many quests/missions from games are memorable, but can you remember their names? Name the games these quest/mission/chapter(s) occur.

22. A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
23. CARNAL SINS
24. WICKED EYES AND WICKED HEARTS
25. I'LL SAVE SAVE SOME FOR YOU
26. MINOR TURBULENCE
27. THE TWELVE TOWERS
28. AMERICAN VENOM

That's it. Pretty sure it's normally kept running until Monday usually so I'll check the attempts then and give the results. Good luck everyone, hope you enjoy.

BearsEatBeets

LieutenantFatman

Nice quiz, personally I'd need some clues, I only know three of these, but I've never been great at quizes to be fair.

LieutenantFatman

BearsEatBeets

@LieutenantFatman That's how much I normally know. It's hard to judge when making it how difficult it will be. I'll see how people get on and if everyone's struggling or hardly taking part maybe I'll add some hints tomorrow.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets This is a really cool quiz, thanks for posting it! Always love seeing everybody's unique approach to question formats. Okay, here goes nothing...

1) Shadow of the Tomb Raider, that's for Lara petting all the llamas!
2) Not a clue, sorry. I Am Bread is my random guess.
3) Civilisation, maybe?
4) Ah, that's Death Stranding, is it not? I saw a funny article about it.
5) I can't even think of a joke answer for this one!
6) I'm gonna take this literally and say that it's something like Red Dead Redemption 2, for skinning and collecting a bunch of animal ears.
7) One for reuniting with a weapon, perhaps? DOOM Eternal, when you get the BFG?
8) Call of Duty (we're deep into desperate guesswork territory now).
9) Ah, this is Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. You have to leave Nate standing outside the church for a couple minutes, in order to replicate the E3 demo when Naughty Dog's controller died!

10) They sound vaguely Skyrim-ish, whoever they are, so I'll say Skyrim.
11) She's from Marvel's Spider-Man, and is a total badass.
12) He's from Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.
13) Because I was just talking about it elsewhere, Yakuza...?
14) Jill's brother from Resident Evil, perhaps?
15) She's from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
16) Hmm. He sounds like a Resident Evil character to me, as well.
17) He's from Yakuza Zero.

18) Those are the eyes of Spidey's final suit, from Marvel's Spider-Man.
19) I know this, but I don't... urgh, gonna have to pass. It's driving me mad.
20) I'd recognise Cal Kestis anywhere!
21) Total guess, but is that Ellie's backpack from The Last of Us, maybe?

22) Titanic: The Videogame.
23) I will guess The Last of Us.
24) That's from Dragon Age: Inquisition.
25) Cooking Mama.
26) Is that the name of the hostage rescue mission from Call of Duty, oh... I forget which one, but it's the one that's notoriously challenging, yeah?.
27) That's one from Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.
28) I'll say Red Dead Redemption 2 again, because I feel like I haven't said it enough!

There's a lot of guesswork in there, but at least it's educated guesswork!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Good to see you having a go, I am beginning to think it might be more obscure than I realised. I'm not sure how quickly people normally take part.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic