Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 22/23 season

Posts 41 to 60 of 663

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets yeah I can see Jesus doing some good stuff this year think it will suit him being the main man and when I'm wrong in a month I will just do my best Ted lasso impression lol

Edited on by QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@sorteddan I’m not religious but hopefully I’ll be praising his name in about an hour’s time 🙏

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Ah right, yep that one went right over my head! 😂

Yeah I've got 3 gooners in my squad too - Zinchenko, Saka and Jesus. For some reason I've got Zinchenko as vice captain even though I'm sure I selected Jesus. I wonder if it got fudged round d when I did my last transfers?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

I wonder if anybody in our league doesn't have Zinchenko & Jesus (I do!). Also had Saka but swapped him out as I didn't want too many gooners and no spurs players as I think spurs gonna do better overall.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

QualityGeezer

I'm not religious either plus there's only one God in football Mr robbie Fowler. Shame he wasn't up for selection this year lol

QualityGeezer

sorteddan

@QualityGeezer
??
He was cheap as... Didn't need much budget I think.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@QualityGeezer
Yeah think it was 5m, but that is the bargain bucket prices

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder @sorteddan And here was me thinking I might at least top the league for a night with 3 Arsenal players.
It looks like they've made a few changes with the site, I'm sure you used to be able to look at each other's teams once the first game of the game-week had started but you currently can't. Unless it's just got a bit of a bug as it's only just kicked off.

If they keep a clean sheet Zinchenko might be a good back-up as VC with the assist already @JohnnyShoulder. Who have you gone with for Cap? I left Haaland in my team after all and he's my Cap, can't remember who I made VC will have to check.

@QualityGeezer It seems we have another wise Liverpool fan in our group. Let's hope Nunez can do a good job following the likes of Fowler.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I got Salah as my captain. Have you gone threemium this season?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Interesting that they got a quick interview with Viera before the second half kicked off. I wonder if that is going to be a permanent thing with Sky expecting a minute or 2 from one manager (guessing maybe the home one) this season.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets I found that interesting as well thought it was random but happy to see that going forward

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I’ve gone super risky and don’t even have Salah in my team. My front 3 of Haaland, Jesus and Nunez have swallowed the bulk of my budget. Trent is too pricey too. I’m hoping my more unusual picks of Diaz and Matip work out.
Of course there is also a good chance I’ll be using my first wildcard by week 3 😁

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer yeah I’d find it interesting if it’s something they keep doing going forward. I wonder if BT will do it for their games too or if it’s just a Sky thing.

BearsEatBeets

QualityGeezer

@BearsEatBeets I watched the overlap on YouTube yesterday and carra said theres not gonna be referee interviews but they are gonna trial these half time interviews literally only as a trial atm tho

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

@QualityGeezer okay good to know. Yeah I can’t imagine the refs being up for interviews. Watching some of the hockey in the commonwealth games reminded me of watching a clip of Australian football where spectators can hear the conversation between the refs and the VAR officials. I think that would be a positive thing to introduce.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic