Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 22/23 season

Posts 321 to 340 of 663

nessisonett

I hope nobody has Wout Faes 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

@nessisonett
I have Trent and Darwin who both get assists so I am quite appreciative of the finishing prowess of the guy!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett And made him triple captain!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Pep and Potter causing chaos with some people's teams this week!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

Kieran Trippier is a bonus points machine. But near enough everyone probably has him in their team so it makes little difference.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Mostik

I really need to give up on Salah he has been shocking this season, I know as soon as I take him out he will bag a hattrick though!

Mostik

JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets wrote:

Kieran Trippier is a bonus points machine. But near enough everyone probably has him in their team so it makes little difference.

Tripps is the only player to be a mainstay in my team since day 1, since I got Haaland a week or two later.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder They're both having the kind of season where you'd be silly not having them in your team.

I'm pondering using my final wildcard for next gameweek, I think a few player hot streaks might be over and could swap 4 or 5. I kind of want to get a reasonable bench ready to make best use of the bench boost.

Anyone else got many of their chips left?

BearsEatBeets

Mostik

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I've got bench boost and my second Wildcard and I want to make changes too, but as said above I know once I take Salah out he will start scoring so I don't know who to swap him out for. Whilst I am doing OK I have lost a lot of points sticking with him so far, Foden is another one I am losing points on, he started well but either hasn't played or not been that effective especially since the World Cup!

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

@Mostik yeah it's always tricky knowing when to drop a generally reliable player. I think this season has been extra hard for there being a limited amount of consistent players. A couple of times I've looked to swap out players only for there to be no-one else I consider worth putting in. Most of the times the ones I would consider have been from teams I already have 3 players from.
If dropping Salah will ignite his season, please do 😉. As a Liverpool fan I'm sad to say I've rarely had any of their players this season.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I've got bench boost and triple captain left. I've only made one transfer since the Prem has started back, and that was only cos one of my keepers got injured.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Well it's working for you. I've mostly just been constantly swapping one of my strikers each week. I've pondered taking out Cancelo a few times but as mentioned never could decide on anyone worth putting in but definitely taking him out now. Looks like he might be on the move anyway.

Anyone still got a cup run going? I'm quite chuffed to still be in the England Cup (I've probably jinxed it now). I went out of the main one in the first round this season.

BearsEatBeets

Mostik

@BearsEatBeets Haha as a Utd fan I'm not sure I want to kick start his season but I'll give it a go I have the same problem in that the payer I would swap him out for puts me at 4 players from that team so not sure how I do it but maybe the wildcard will help me be creative! A couple of Newcastle players are tempting but I expect them to drop off a bit and Spurs are just to Spursy, I suppose fortune favours the brave so I should go for it!!

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

@Mostik I used my wildcard now. I've taken out one Newcastle player, Almaron, as I have a gut feeling that golden spell is over and he's back to average. There really are very few good defenders and strikers at the moment. Still, reasonably happy with my squad now. Hopefully I can keep up my slow climb I've achieved since the restart.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Just discovered with Man U and Newcastle in the EFL Cup final they aren't playing Gameweek 25 along with their opponents Brentford and Brighton. Sooo 10 of my current 15 man squad won't be playing 😬.

Might have to start tweaking, or if I go out of my remaining cup competition by then I might just ride that week out and see how low a score I can get.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah someone at work mentioned that earlier. And with most people transferring in Man U players for their double game week this upcoming week, there will be a lot of free hit chips being played that week.

nessisonett

Relatively happy with my triple captain on Rashford so far, we’ll see how he does in the second game this week!

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I've just noticed the person I'm up against in the England Cup has done the same so I have mixed feelings about him getting more points. I haven't checked but I'm betting everyone above me in our league has him as well so probably not gaining much.
I'm happy with my new transfers Fernandes and Mitoma.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Just realised with it being now Feb I can do January's manager of the month. Also looking back I've noticed I never did for it November or December but I with the World Cup there wasn't a lot going on in those months. Still, the last few months elites were

November Manager of the Month - @get2sammyb

December Manager of the Month - @sorteddan (a real close one with the top four only 4 points apart.)

January Manager of the Month - @JohnnyShoulder

Well done to those players, apologies for the late announcements.

Also looking back I noticed all @JudgeDredd's posts gone, when did that happen? I hope our fellow player is well and good.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Three different managers of the month definitely shows how close the league is at the top!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic