Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 22/23 season

Posts 121 to 140 of 663

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Yes, exited he's started just before kick-off to out the squad just after the final whistle. Hopefully that's my negative points player out of the way for the rest of the season. Although my 3rd sub had -1 as well.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets You’ve still got more points than most of us here!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Mostik

@BearsEatBeets I was in the same boat with my United players, still lost money but I know there is a risk changing players before the weekend is over. Tough night for the scousers but it will still be them & City for the title. I know he could score more but Diaz is a real supporters player, love him playing for you but hate him against you - top player.

Mostik

sorteddan

Just about hanging on to top spot for another week (only just!) which is a weird feeling after spending all of last season battling to not finish bottom. Still too indecisive to make any transfers despite considering dozens of changes most days. So far So Good... Only another 36 match days to go.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@sorteddan Well done on scoring enough to keep gameweek 2's top scorer @JRJ3 at bay. Last season's winner off to another strong start. I'm happy enough to be keeping in reach.
I think there seems to be quite a bit of similarities in teams for this early in the season. Hopefully some more uncommon players will start getting good returns to mix things up.

Anyone considering using a token yet? I'd normally be considering my first wildcard about now.

BearsEatBeets

Mostik

No wildcard yet but the Utd players have gone. Newcastle V City should be a good game as will Leeds V Chelsea though I don't expect much less than a City & Chelsea win (same for Spurs) as for my boys! Well let's just say if we avoid defeat then that is as good as a win given our current state, 3 games and possibly 0 points

Mostik

sorteddan

@Mostik
I heard a man-you fan on radio the other day and he said they were hoping that they could beat Liverpool on Monday and go above them in the league - took me by surprise that that was even a possibility (despite knowing the results so far). Goes to show that it's still early days, remember Arsenal lost their first three and went on to have a decent season last time.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Mostik

@sorteddan Very true mate and I am clinging to that hope, Casmiero is a decent signing and what we need (would have been better 5 years ago) but we need more than just a midfielder. I will be happy playing a decent style of football and getting top 6 with a good run in the Europa, I would have said top 4 in pre-season!

Mostik

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Any ideas who they will get in to replace Ronaldo once he goes? He was your top scorer last season, and I don't see anyone in the current squad that is anywhere near getting to that level.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Yeah none of those players aspire any sort of confidence, and reeks of what has been one of the many problems with the club since Ferguson retired. Casemerio seems to be a good signing, but then so was Sancho, Maguire and most of the other flops that they have signed over the years. And just because that worked for Man City does not mean it will for work for Man United. Again, another problem with the club, they have no identity or plan of their own and resort to copying what other clubs are doing.

I do agree with you in regards to Ronaldo, but nothing I've heard of recently makes think anything is gonna change for the better.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

Odegaard is punishing me for swapping him out for Martinelli 😵

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I transferred out Saint-Maximin and have Trippier on the bench! 🙄

nessisonett

Well that was one hell of a match between Newcastle and Man City! Not ideal for my fantasy team but enjoyable nonetheless.

Mostik

Great game, bound to happen once I put Ederson in my team! De Gea will probably keep a clean sheet now, although I doubt it.

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

Certainly some shocking results today. I knew my players wouldn't keep up the points average of Saturday but wasn't expecting a grand total of 2 points from Ederson, Cancelo and James! Hopefully no shocks tomorrow and Liverpool get a dominate win with plenty of goals so @Mostik doesn't regret taking out De Gea.

@JohnnyShoulder Those sort of things are so much more annoying than just doing poorly.

BearsEatBeets

Mostik

@BearsEatBeets Fingers crossed buddy. Some really strange results this weekend, got them all wrong yesterday, I had Chelsea, City and West Ham for the win and got nothing, thought Leicester would pump Southampton as well, looks like it could be a tough season for them, could be a relegation battle between Leicester, United & Villa 😁 In all honesty though weekends like this are good for fantasy football, spread the points, share the pain!

Mostik

nessisonett

Is it bad that I kinda didn’t want Salah to score because I captained Jesus instead? I think it might have been better for my standing in the league if he’d headbutted Bruno 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yep the only plus point for me from the game is that I have Salah as captain. Not that it has done me much good.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

Yep fairly sucky weekend for me but slightly vindicated for sticking with Sancho... I knew he wasn't entirely useless.

Mostik

Of course Sancho scores the week I take him out, if having no Utd players in my team jinxes us to a few more performances like that then long may it continue! Can't be a one off though, that is now the standard to build from. Poor week for my FF team but I couldn't be happier, good week for Sammy!

Mostik

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic