Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 21/22 season.

Posts 41 to 60 of 459

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You trend setter you. Think I had him early doors too.

You have nice blue tint to your side this time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I seem to have accidentally picked every blue team out there! Martinez is a bit of an outlier but the rest of that 11 is blue and white! Maybe I should try and arrange them into a saltire 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett I'm pretty sure I had him early on too. 😃 I've not had a glance at anyone's teams yet but going by what I've seen on Twitter it feels like there are going to be a lot of similarity in teams early on.

My fairly different players in tonight's game aren't doing too great. Saka is benched and Toney had nothing to do with the goal which has cost Tierney a clean sheet so it's going about as good as usual for me at the start.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I was going to plump for Tierney but then I remembered he plays for Arsenal 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LiamCroft

I need to take Ben White out of my team immediately.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

hypnotoad

Hands up those who picked any Arsenal player.

guffaw

hypnotoad

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I almost went for Ben White but thought the same as you!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JRJ3

Second this. Can’t believe I went in for him. Luckily I didn’t start him tonight though @LiamCroft

JRJ3

PSN: x-JRJ3-x

sorteddan

Well I got Tierney and he got me my first point. So he stays.
Also just had a quick glance at everyone's teams. Looks like Luke Shaw was quite a popular pick.
Let's see how action unfolds tomorrow.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

NedStarksGhost

I was debating putting an arsenal player in but instincts said don't do it. So glad I didn't... Happy for Brentford though, can't imagine how it must feel for their fans tonight!

NedStarksGhost

JohnnyShoulder

Bees for the Prem! Bees for the Prem!

Which sounds like it should be sung like a Nicki Minaj song lol.

Having a look at my team compared to others, I've only got one big hitter while other have two or three. The rest of my team is a bunch of middling malcoms lol. It will be interesting to see which tactic pays off.

@Sorteddan Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not! 😂 But just so you know, a player getting 1 point for a match is not a good thing. A defender gets points for clean sheets aswell as assists and scoring goals. For every two goals conceded whilst the player is on they get docked 2 points. Every player gets a point if they play up to 60 mins, one more if they play the full 90. Any player that misses a penalty or receives a yellow or red cards get points docked also.

BearsEatBeets

Being top of my leagues after the first game of the season looks good but 4 points from 3 players isn’t an average I want to continue through the weekend. It seems everyone has decided which side of brave or stupid having 2 Arsenal players is already 😄.
To be fair I thought they played some good attacking play at times, Tierney actually put quite a lot of crosses in to the box. Certainly seems like they might leak a lot of goals though.

It’s going to be interesting to see what team Man U put out at lunchtime.

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
That's weird - people often have that issue with me when I speak - but that's because of deadpan monotone delivery. Didn't think it would be a problem with typed text. If it helps I will raise my other hand whenever I write something sarcastic.

And really Tierney can stay. I think he is a great player and should get plenty of assists and have good season. I don't think it's good idea to get too carried away after one fixture.

Which manager/pundit said they don't even look at the table till Christmas?, I may do that.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

NedStarksGhost

Thanks Ole for starting Dan James over Sancho...

NedStarksGhost

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan Yeah it's good not to make too many changes this early on, and save those transfers for injuries. You do have one free transfer a week which carries over to two if not used. It then stays at two until you use them. Any extra transfers you do takes points of the next weeks total.
You also have a wildcard to use once between now and 31st December, and then again between 1st Jan and the end of the season. This can be used to make as many changes as you like in that week. It is probably best to use this only when you really need to.

And speaking of transfers, welcome back @Iver the king of the tinker! I did see that you had Cavani injured and couldn't help but chuckle. If it is any consolation, Lusaka is not available this week either and I know a few have him in their team.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Thanks for all the info.
But no am gonna see how it goes for a few weeks unless injuries occur. The amount of second guessing selection before the deadline was enough stress for this month I think.
Am I the only one who struggles to know which team belongs to which person on here (ie linking real names/team names to pushsquare username). Suppose I will figure it out based on comments on here over time.

And Man U - Leeds. If there is ever a game where I wish both teams could lose! But since Shaw is the only player I have from either, here's hoping he can sneak in at the far post in the third minute.

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan I've made that mistake before in making too many changes too soon, then the players I picked originally all having blinders. There is a fine balance though of making changes when needed and not waiting too long transferring players out when they are out of form.

Ha ha yeah it can be tricky to figure who's team is who. We all had that last year, luckily for everyone from last year we should recognise most of the teams. But my team name is Dirty Martinez.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

I'm so glad I didn't pick Fernandes after thinking he finished last season a bit off.🤦‍♂️

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Hey @Iver, sorry I hadn't realised your previous alias had disappeared as I saw your team in the league quite early. Just to let you that your participation last season is enough for us to know who your team is and has earned you a permanent spot for every season going forward. Not sure why you deleted your old account but that's your own business and don't want you to feel forced to post for fear of being kicked. It's good to have you back in the league and contribute as much or as little as you want.
I wonder if anyone can take your crown as @JohnnyShoulder puts it as 'The King of Tinker'.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@Sorteddan It's part of the fun of the game, try and match the comments to team 😃. Luckily our small participation last season made it quite easy and I've been able to tell the newbies from when I gave out the code.
My PSN name gives me away quite easy but I'm Sarcastaball (I had recently watched that episode years ago and have lazily stuck with it since).

The dilemma of how long to stick with players or change them out is main challenge for a fantasy manager I think. I'm probably going to stick with Tierney for a bit longer too as he created quite a few chances.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic