Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 61 to 80 of 646

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Untitled

To be honest even though I'm not superstitious, it can feel like when I put some players in they suddenly stop performing. So I tend to not play Liverpool players too often. I bet Alisson only saved that pen because I benched him.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

With the goals flowing this heavily for every team except Man U, it should be a big points week for everyone! I knew I should have followed my gut and left out every Man U player I have!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Ha ha nah I had Salah from day 1 in his first season with Liverpool when he got something ridiculous like 300 points. If they are doing well, pick em. I know some people won't pick any players from rival clubs, which is a bit daft. I had no problem pick 3 Man Ure players when they were ripping it up after restart.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I'm glad I didn't tinker with my team as most of the players that scored would have been out the door.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

All my gains from Saturday's games were pretty much undone by Sunday's and only one defender left to play. Oh well, early days still and it doesn't take much to jump places in the first few months.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Dunk and Van Dijk had solid games for me but I’m not sure about Egan and Coady tonight, I have a bad feeling. I definitely had a better Saturday than Sunday too. I wish I’d captained Calvert-Lewin instead of De Bruyne but who knows what’ll happen tonight.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I've got none left to play, and the sub I've to come on got sent off yesterday lol. But this week had almost made for the disaster of last week. In my work league I've gone from 30th to 12th, but will probably shift down a few places with tonight's games and subs to come into play.

@nessisonett I think Wolves did the double over Manc Citeh last season, so you never know. They couldn't handle the pace of Traoré. That is the special sauce, getting your captain right. I get it wrong more often that not.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

John Egan, you absolute melon. Literally cost me points 😂

JohnnyShoulder

Yes! Up to third! I love this game!

nessisonett

I’m off the bottom! This is the start of my long redemption arc 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It is quite close between us all, won't take much to turn it around and start climbing up the table.

nessisonett

Anyone else made their free transfer yet? I just told John Egan to John Begone and so snapped up Michael Keane in the meantime. I reckon he can put up a decent effort against Palace at the weekend and so I’ll leave off Ayew so I’m not backing both ends of the horse, so to speak.

BearsEatBeets

Yeah for the next few weeks places will swap around a lot. It's near the back end of the season it gets harder to gain places as teams have a tendency to become similar so you have less players to make a difference.
I always tend to hold off changing my team until Friday as midweek cup competitions can throw a spanner in the works with potential injuries. Despite an okay week I think I'm going to probably use my wildcard. I think I want to have a good change-up of my defence to cheaper options as very few teams doing well defencibly anyway.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Do you mean your wildcard or the free transfer you get every week (which rolls over to 2 if you don't use it for a week)?

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Just the weekly one, I’m saving my thingies for a rainy day/I just have a really good feeling that week!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Your willcard which grants you unlimited transfers and you can use up until Dec 28th, and then you get another one. They don't top up however so if you don't use it by the end of the year it is gone.

I've not done any transfers yet, but i might need to this week as I've got two players injured with a 75% chance of playing and another player suspended.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Didn't you also play your wildcard last week? That is a lot transfers to do in a couple of weeks.

I made two transfers this week. Had to slighty change plans as one of the players I wanted had gone up in price slightly and couldn't afford him. One of the risks when doing transfers later in the week.

BearsEatBeets

Everyone got their teams ready? I’ve bet on Werner coming good against West Brom and made him my captain. Time to climb some places.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Might just dump Rashford and Martial. My thinking was ‘surely they’ll come good, they’re Man U and I bloody hate them but they’re usually decent’. This has not happened.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Still very early on though, but it is good to get rid of players who are not in form. I always get scared of dropping big players like Auba as I know as soon as i do they will come good.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.