Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 41 to 60 of 80

nessisonett

@Arugula I decided to not panic and pretend my pick of players who weren’t even playing was a tactical decision. Just swapped Giroud for Calvert-Lewin as I have a good feeling about him this season.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Arugula

@nessisonett I think Everton will surprise a lot of people this year. If I bet, I'd put them finishing top 6.

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula That is going to be tough with some strong teams thay have to finish above.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Perhaps this year it’ll be a competition between Arsenal and Man Utd to see who finishes above Everton.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Leicester, Spuds and Wolves should be there too.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah nor do I and Ive seen what it can do to people. Kind begrudge it be everywhere. I was even listening to a radio show when there were discussing how much a negative effect it can have on someone, and the show was being sponsored by a betting company. 🤦‍♂️

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Is that a typo or do you refer to Spurs as Spuds? I think the teams at the top are definitely getting stronger and there several teams (such as you mentioned) that can will fight for the European cup places. I can easily see Everton among that group . I'm just hoping Liverpool can improve the form they have had since returning from the Lockdown. I saw a table of results from that point and Liverpool were only 6th.

It's time for the tricky job of which players to maybe put in this weekend from Mr Pep 'Rotation' Guardiola.
I'm assuming you used your wildcard with that many changes @Arugula?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets No that wasn't a typo! Man Ure, Chelski, Manc Citeh and Liverpoo. 🤣

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I just use the emojis on my phone/tablet. Think only the basic ones are available by typing special characters.

Basic smileys
: )
: |
: (
; )
: ' (
: D
: P
: O (note: capital letter O, not the number)
: *
: $
B - )
0 : - ) (note: the number 0, not the letter) 0

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Football Manager 2020 is free on the Epic Store just now if any of you lot want to try putting your manager’s hat on! My Bromley and Hartlepool legends will forever hold a place in my heart. Steve Pinau was an absolute gem for me at Bromley, my star player. In real life, he’s made 3 appearances for them since 2015.

Arugula

Everyone fixed up for week 2? Let's not have another fiasco like last week..... (ness 😜)

Arugula

Gremio108

I'm banking on my ridiculous amount of Leeds players to come good this weekend. Also I really want Fernandes but I'm holding off until next week to avoid a points hit. So please don't go crazy, Bruno. Not yet.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Arugula

@Gremio108 If Leeds play even half as well as they did against Liverpool then they should have a decent day because Fulham were pretty awful, only showing signs of life once Mitrovic entered the fray.

You might get your way with Bruno if Palace can avoid offering up a penalty platter. United seriously need to sharpen their cutting edge.

Edited on by Arugula

Arugula

BearsEatBeets

It’s tricky with the inflated prices of last season’s best players so I held off using my wildcard for at least one more week. I took a 4 point hit and just swapped 2 players. Hopefully after this weekend I’ll have a better idea who the solid cheap players are.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@Arugula I may be slightly better this week! Already happy with getting Calvert-Lewin, I knew he’d deliver.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I put Calvert-Lewin in too, just hope Ings who I took out doesn't go and get a hat-trick. I almost took Rodriguez out but happy I didn't right now.

BearsEatBeets

Arugula

@nessisonett I saw that. Nice pick! It's a choice game for me too as I took a flyer on Rodriguez.

Arugula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic