Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 341 to 360 of 646

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah I've got Martinez on the bench too with Darlow from Newcastle starting. Fingers crossed 🤞 for a clean sheet.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I have Martinez on the bench too and have a sinking feeling that I made a terrible decision.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Ah crap, I took a risk putting 2 Chelsea defenders in as I thought they could keep a clean sheet. Not looking good this week.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I've got James and Mendy so didn't really want Everton to score either, despite having Calvert-Lewin. At least he 'assisted' the penalty for something but yeah it looks like my poor form is going to continue too.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I’m very confused by the penalty assists. That’s two I’ve got now so I’m not complaining 😂😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett From the site rules:

Penalties and Free-Kicks
In the event of a penalty or free-kick, the player earning the penalty or free-kick is awarded an assist if a goal is directly scored, but not if he takes it himself, in which case no assist is given.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It seems a little strange to me. I understand that sometimes penalties are won or you can draw a foul but getting points for randomly being hacked to bits by a stray tackle is a bit mad.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah they are not looking at how the foul was conceded, just at who was fouled to earn the free kick or penalty.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder It's the same for a player being fouled for a direct free-kick that results in a direct goal. I suppose players that are good at drawing fouls increase their chances of more assists. I wonder if that counts with official optra stats for assists for players too?

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@Arugula I’ve somehow avoided Kane this entire season. It does mean that I have the potential to pick up points if someone else does well and Kane doesn’t score but let’s be honest, I’m just doing myself out of points.

BearsEatBeets

Jota isn't even on the bench so 2 point Coady will go in.

Untitled

Only a Vardy masterclass can salvage my week.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets It can’t be as bad as the 20 points I’ve left on the bench!

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Jota is out until Feb so he will be transferred out of my team next week.
Not doing too bad this week, looks like another one of those low scoring weeks generally.

BearsEatBeets

Untitled

Also friendly reminder for new players, there are mid-week games that are a gameweek to themselves so any changes need to be made by 16:30 Tuesday. The gameweek after that will be Saturday as usual.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

I think it’s time to just go lie in a dark room. Any progress I made over the last couple of weeks has just been totally undone 😂😂

nessisonett

Of course Burnley beat Arsenal 1-0. Of course. Not like I had points riding on it or anything. Bottom this week by quite a margin 😬

JohnnyShoulder

3 points off from having the highest points in the game for this week. If i got my captain and keeper right, I would have trounced it. Already done my transfers for the next game week. No major changes, just getting rid of some of the dead wood.

BearsEatBeets

Still bottom but captain Vardy helped me inch a bit closer to the few above. In fact green arrows in most global leagues except here and work.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Honestly gutted, weeks of making progress all undone in a single terrible week 😂

nessisonett

Eughoughughgugu of course Wolves scored. Well I’m gutted, I banked massively on Chelsea keeping a clean sheet.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.