Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 321 to 340 of 359

nessisonett

So yeah, this week was absolute arse. Down to bottom I go!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

nessisonett

Football this weekend! Feels like an age has passed, probably due to the PS5 launch. I see I’m at bottom due to the mass kicking of those who didn’t want to participate but I’m just going to pretend I’ve climbed to 6th.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Arugula

@nessisonett Huh, and then there were 6! So happy league football is back. It's sad but I kind of feel at a bit of a loose end without it. 😅

Arugula

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah we all went up in the league! I detest international football as it is, but even more so this time round.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Another poor display from my captain choice (Ziyech) but at James looks like he's in line for some bonus points to go with a clean sheet. I stuck with my Spurs 2 for later, hopefully they get something against Man City.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Arugula

@BearsEatBeets I had Ziyech in as C too! He actually had a good game I thought. Close but no cigar type deal. Which unfortunately counts for zippo in fantasy.

Edited on by Arugula

Arugula

BearsEatBeets

@Arugula yeah it's a shame Werner's pass in the box wasn't better otherwise he definitely would have a got a goal. Still he's the kind of player that probably won't go to many games without contributing something (points wise).

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Hopefully my full starting eleven play as my first sub has -1 points. Coady's amber status has me slightly concerned but it says 75% chance of playing so fingers crossed.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I left Coady out for that very reason. I’m a bit annoyed with the Brighton-Aston Villa game to be honest, a grand total of 4 points from Martinez, Grealish and Maupay. I probably should have went for Ederson in goal but just thought Spurs would be harder to stop scoring than Brighton.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Similarly I put Martinez in instead of Alisson as Liverpool have Leicester. I had Barkley who only came on for 4 minutes and got one point but in light of Lamptey as my first sub I'll take over not playing.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

How in the name of all that is holy did Sammy end up making 65 points in one day 😂😂

Arugula

@nessisonett Captained his highest scoring player and 9 of his starting 11 performed today. Still, a good haul! I keep dropping though I don't help myself by transferring half my team every week. 😅

Edited on by Arugula

Arugula

BearsEatBeets

Green arrows in all the global leagues but stationary in this and the work one. I’m clearly up against some pros.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

A decent set of points today for me. Nowhere near enough to catch Sammy, so looks like I will have to concede top spot this week. I do have two players in a match tomorrow, but they are both defenders playing against each other, so even if they both get clean sheets and bonus points it won't be enough.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I just have Zaha and Tarkowski playing tomorrow but I’m sitting on 55 points which would be great in any other league seeing how well everybody’s doing! It’s amazing how much that first week has set me back when I had a team full of players who didn’t play a minute 😂

BearsEatBeets

Great Coady's not playing so that's a -1 sub going in for me. Could really use a Vestergaard goal as well clean sheet to make up for it.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets See if I have two players who didn’t play but Coady is my second sub, does he get subbed in for 0 points or would my third sub be put in?

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett As long as you will still have a valid formation and your third sub plays, yeah he will come in.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I had a wee look at the somewhat confusing rules on the site and it does look like they’ll skip over Coady and put in Ward-Prowse as he did play! Think that means I’ll finish with the second highest points this week after Sammy so hopefully I gain a bit of ground and can pull myself off the bottom.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You are still bottom but only 2 points off @BearsEatBeets. There is a bit of gap between me in second and @Arugula in third, helped by him changing half his team every few weeks!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic