Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 241 to 260 of 646

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s the clean sheets, the last few weeks have been a defensive catastrophe for most teams but this week has seemed like a return to normal. I reckon most people will end up on a decent total this week!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah I think last weekend we saw things start to return back to relative normality. I think over Christmas the crazy times may return with the games piling up and injuries taking there toll, on teams.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett You've had a good week and we've jumped a few people but having a quick look at their teams we might slip back a couple of places as they have players today or good subs going in. We're in a very close race though.
@JohnnyShoulder doing well again and almost caught the person who jumped in first. You'll probably overtake them and someone new will appear top. I'm hoping the injury to Ings isn't too serious, not just for my fantasy team but feel he has had more than his share of bad luck with injuries and it's been good to see him doing well.

I can tell it's a funny season as I've been doing the work league for several seasons now and the fella that's won almost every season is currently close to bottom.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Worth noting that transfers haven’t been applied yet. I’ve noticed that I’ll probably slip down another couple of rankings once people’s transfers come into effect.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I always get him at some point every season, but usually I completely miss his good spell, so I'm planning to bask in this as much as possible

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Do you mean subs? Subs are always done after the last match of the game week has been played. Transfers always come in at the beginning of the game week.

@Gremio108 Same here. Think I put him in my team a few times last season and each time he did nothing for me.

@BearsEatBeets Fingers crossed. I try not pay much attention to the tables until the games have been played as I've been caught out before. Funny you should mention that. We have two Tom's that that were joint 1st last season, but one is rooted to the bottom of the table and the other is a few places below me.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, that’s what I meant 😂

nessisonett

Doing my calculations, I think I might actually end up in exactly the same position in the table as last week after tonight!

JohnnyShoulder

Upto 2nd and put a wee bit of space between the rest of ya mo fos. Awfully congested from 3rd down to about 7th.

nessisonett

Brilliant, after a good week’s worth of points... I ended up exactly where I started 😂

BearsEatBeets

I've noticed I had nice green up arrows on all the main leagues except my work one and this one. Hopefully it's time to make a bit of progress but I made 3 changes so it will take some good results. Is anyone else getting fairly regular emails with stats comparing how you're doing in relation to averages. I think it's good addition (never got them previous seasons). Also I'm doing almost bang on the global average score per week so far.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets No not recieved those emails, but i did opt out of them this season as found i was getting too many in previous years. Don't recall any of them having stats in them though.

JohnnyShoulder

Wasn't expecting much from tonight so was nice to get a clean sheet with Saints. May get some bonus points too.

I transferred in Vardy, Jota and some Wolves defender I've not heard of and sounds like a crap video game villain - Kilman. With an all English forward line of DCL, Vardy and Kane I'm hoping to power my way to the top. Of this league.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder So you took the punt on Jota after all, I might have done but wanted some other changes more. Yeah looks like Walker-Peters will get the 3 bonus points, Vestagaard for me was just outside getting bonus but the clean sheet will do. I've put Kane in proper this week but made Son captain, think there's a good chance of both could do well against struggling West Brom.

Southampton top of league, probably got some good value point scorers at the moment.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I did, I used a bit of reverse psychology on you there.

I got Kane as Captain this week. Almost forgot to change it from Salah.

My bro supports Saints so I won't hear the end of it until we go above them lol.

nessisonett

Eh, 3 points from Ward-Prowse and 2 from Maupay. Probably should have put Tarky on, he’s sitting on my bench with 6 from that clean sheet.

BearsEatBeets

It must take the minus transfer points out of your total as soon as the gameweek starts. @nessisonett has overtaken me with less points than me so it has to be my minus 8 already in effect.

You've got the top right now @JohnnyShoulder but will you keep it all weekend?

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets From the rules on the site - Each additional transfer you make in the same Gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total score (Classic scoring) and match score (Head-to-Head scoring) at the start of the next Gameweek.

I try not pay too much attention the the leagues when the games are in play as I've been caught out before, thinking I'm higher only to go down a few places. Especially this early on with so many games to play.

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I did notice that and was extremely confused for about 5 seconds 😂😂

JohnnyShoulder

And we have another lurker joined. Kick em all out i say if they are not gonna bother contributing, with the exception of Sammy.

@BearsEatBeets Can't you remove the pin from the first comment? At least if someone wants to join they least have to ask for it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.