Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,131

nessisonett

Well I’ve won my first run. Just got lucky with the Ironclad to be honest.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@R1spam @nessisonett Yeah I did fall of this rather quickly when I played it when it came in PS Now. Hope whoever plays it has a better time than I did.

@ThereThere No worries, hopefully next month the Game Clubs will be with you.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

I’ve got this downloaded, it’s just I’m not sure when I’m ever going to find time to turn it on. I’m pretty curious. It definitely looks different than any other game I’ve ever played.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Belated thanks for the heads-up about Slay the Spire, which I'll give a miss. Be good to track the discussion and see what folks think of it, though! Hope y'all enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

Cheers for the tag but I'll probably sit this one out. If it's on game pass then I might fire it up for a quick go but it doesn't really look like my bag. I got tons of games on the go at the moment too and I just want to finish something 😅

See ya!

TuckNorris85

Thanks for the info. I tried playing this when it went on Game Pass and couldn't get into it. Not really a fan of card games to be honest. Hope everybody else enjoys it though.

Edited on by TuckNorris85

TuckNorris85

nessisonett

Having a look through the new PS Plus games is definitely giving me loads of ideas for what games to add to next month’s crop!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I have a list of games noted down that have previously been suggested. If you want them, let me know!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

I’ve played Slay the Spire now for about 4-5 hours and I’ve liked it more than I thought I would. It has a slightly addictive battle system and requires a change in approach compared to the action heavy games I’ve been playing recently. It’s essentially turn based combat with the added randomness of card shuffling. The RNG can be frustrating, but it does stretch your strategizing skills and ability to adjust your tactics on the fly. Most of my deaths have been by a slim margin and if I’d have just got the right cards at the end I could have pulled it off.

I’ve defeated 3 different bosses — the Guardian, Hexaghost, and Slime Boss. I’ve played several runs with the IronClad, and then two runs with the Silent, and have unlocked the third character but haven’t tried them yet.

After playing a few runs over a handful of hours, the game does get a little repetitive though. I guess it’s the nature of rogue-likes but after gradually accumulating a large deck with upgraded abilities and then dying and having to start all over with 3 basic card types, I just had to take a break from the game. I can see dipping in and out of it though, between a main game.

Shout out to the creepy merchant. I like his comments.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

Just gave this one a go, defeated 2 consecutive bosses, then on my way to the third was defeated rather quickly. I'm guessing lots of dying and levelling up is required. It's quite a fun game, although a little more animation would be nice.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman I won on my second attempt with the Ironclad, which was my fourth attempt overall. It’s one of those games where it’s not really a ‘true’ win until you do other stuff though.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Yeah, I was a little confused as to where the game actually “ends” since it looked like there was more to it than running up through all the bosses. There’s the other challenge modes of course but it seems like this game has a lot going on even in the base game mode. Not to mention going for the platinum… eeesh, it has a 0.3% which is pretty low. I know a few of my games are down at 0.1% like RDR2 and Dreams, but that’s pretty rare.

LieutenantFatman

Looks like the platinum run is quite repetitive and could easily take well over a 100 hours so I can see why only a small percentage went for it. Not something I'm at all likely to attempt but it is good fun.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Managed to get to and defeat the final boss on my third attempt, my first go on using The Silent character. I'm guessing we're expected to win on a harder difficulty to get the definitive ending. Still enjoying the experience, it's quite moreish.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Just won with The Defect as well, fun character to play with, zap zap zap goes the lightning. Guess I should try and win with the Ironclad, next.

LieutenantFatman

Mr_B021

Played a few hours and it’s starting grow on me. I was interested to try out a genre I usually don’t play. After the first act I was almost ready to put it aside. But once I got more interesting cards, things started to turn around. Still not my top 3 genre, but I’m glad a gave it a try.

When do we start the next game?

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 If it’s alright with @JohnnyShoulder then since all I have is free time now, I’m happy to take back over organising this. I’d probably say that we’ll vote next weekend and then start the game on the Monday though because due to the roguelite nature of Slay the Spire, I don’t think everybody’s quite had their fill yet?

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah that is fine with me! Let me know if you need any info that I've got.

LieutenantFatman

I finished the game on default difficulty with all three characters. Might play it again, will see how I feel. My ps+ runs out in a few days so that could be a problem, lol.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic