Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Megapoll: Best Video Game Box Art

Posts 921 to 935 of 935

LieutenantFatman

@Th3solution
Great work on running this, two months flies by doesn't it? Also well done to RogerRoger and Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, awesome pillars of the community here.

An unexpected winner, I must admit but what would be the fun of this sort of thing if the obvious always happened?

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@Th3solution can you get a link to the top 10 please Sol. @LiamCroft has requested it please.

As for what's next that is usually the Screenshot of the year competition - @Neolit and @RogerRoger are hopefully running that. Then comes Forum GOTY @KratosMD has been running that the last few years (missed last year but hopefully we can resurrect it). We then another megapoll next year, which will be the best game of all time as looking at my footer it's every 3 years.

One last thing Sol if you can add the result in your footer it would be good!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

Big thanks to all of the organizers who worked tirelessly to pull this off smoothly.

Here's some Xenoblade 2 music to celebrate the occasion!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

@Th3solution, thanks to all your hard work (and to the others who helped run this), it was great fun.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mookysam

Big thanks to @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, @RogerRoger and especially @Th3solution! This has been great fun and a nice distraction from everything going on right now!

At the very beginning of the contest I certainly wouldn't have expected the Xenoblade 2 Special Edition cover to win, so quite surprising indeed! The colours are extremely striking, beautiful and an unusual choice given we don't see often see neon on box art. Beyond that I don't think it's doing anything too interesting or giving too much away about the game or its themes. The colour choices definitely set it apart and make it stand out from the crowd.

Wonderful music @Ralizah. The soundtrack is pretty much perfect.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam Agreed. I've loved the music in all of the Xenoblade games thus far (even XCX, because I really like Sawano's music as well). I'm pretty excited that all of the music in the original XC is being touched up and subtly improved in the Definitive Edition as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

Stunning stuff.

As always, each and every participant has made this contest, either by submission of candidates or by voting, or by both. Huge thanks to you all, but I tip my hat to fellow vote-counter @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and, of course, the best and most special of thanks must go to @Th3solution for herding us cats with such skill and patience. Excellent work, buddy!

It's been wonderful to wander our own private, user-curated art gallery of late. Chalk up another classic PushSquare forum poll; here's to the next one!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Oh my that's a pretty cracking tune @Ralizah!

How's it feel @RogerRoger for a piece of cover art you randomly googled to end up winning this whole thing? 😅 You were a pretty good vote counter yourself!

And well done @Th3Solution for doing this whole thing... Can't blame ya for wanting to "Retire" from this megapoll on a high note and not do any bonus rounds... this has been one hell of an event and well done for keeping us all thoroughly entertained the past few months!

Oh and cheers for all the thanks everyone... I didn't do all that much though

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@LieutenantFatman @kyleforrester87 @WanderingBullet @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @RogerRoger @mookysam @andreoni79 @RR529 @Ralizah @crimsontadpoles
I appreciate the kind gestures everyone! It’s been my pleasure, or as my UK compadres say, Cheers!
If you’re going through Megapoll withdrawals, hang tight for the screenshot competition to come later this year, which was quite popular in its inaugural episode last year. Personally, I’m going to start trying to capture some good shots in the weeks and months to come so that I can have a good one to submit this year.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

How's it feel @RogerRoger for a piece of cover art you randomly googled to end up winning this whole thing?

As you say... random. Happy to have inadvertently represented so many of its fans, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

@Th3solution Thanks for hosting this poll! You and your fellow help did a great job throughout. I had a great time participating and I'm excited for whatever comes up next.

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz you’re welcome, indeed. I’m certain we’ll have some other great polls in which to participate in the months to come.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.