Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 381 to 400 of 760

stvevan

well a waste of a punishment. effectively nothing for RB

stvevan

themightyant

Been busy then out this evening and just now catching up on all the news. Not 100% sure how I feel about the penalty, but watching Christian Horner squirm and try and BS his teams of blame was a hoot.

IF he was to be believed 10% less ATR time is 0.25 - 0.5 seconds. By that logic then the 3rd fastest constructor (currently Mercedes) will gain 0.5 - 1 second bonus as they also get another 10% from the tiered system and bottom team (Williams) will get 45% more, that’s a 1.125 - 2.25 second advantage by Christians reconning. I’m calling 100% absolute BS on that. As usual he’s trying to make it seem like RBR is being hard done by. It’s a tired narrative.

Just like Christian’s creative accounting. He kept going on about it being only a 0.37% breach, trying to downplay it as a much as possible. Wrong again Christian it was 1.6% and £1,864,000, yes it could have been lower if they’d done their tax right, but it was only like last week where he stated it was only a ‘few hundred thousand’. He’s so effing slippery.

Regardless glad we can draw a line under it

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

Gamer_Guy

Red Bull. Most obnoxious, arrogant, unlikable team I can ever remember in F1. And this goes back way before Verstappen; he's just been infected by their poisonous atmosphere, which is such a shame. Look at how Vettel changed for the better as a person once he was free of their filth. Even their mechanics disgust me...cheering when competitors retire or crash.

Edited on by Gamer_Guy

Gamer_Guy

themightyant

Surprised to see Mercedes leading P3 by almost half a second on RBR and almost three quarters of a second over FER.

Will believe it when I see it in quali and race pace, but fingers crossed we have 3 teams duking it out tomorrow and a chance for a different winner.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant Mercs certainly seem to be in the mix.

Just switched from qualy on my phone with footie on the telly, to the other way round.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

Max dialed it up yet again, but hardly anything between 2nd to 4th and pole doesn't mean as much in Mexico. Heck of a performance from Bottas too. Could be a good one tomorrow.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets Q3 a little anticlimactic after Q2 was so close (6 cars around 0.2 sec apart). Still a fast looking Merc in P2 and P3 should mix it up a bit. And a long straight down to turn 1 could be exciting. As they said in the coverage P3 has won the last 2 Mexican GP. 🤞it won’t be another one sided RBR show

themightyant

Gamer_Guy

@Kairu yeah hope one of the Mercs just take the smug little idiot out at turn one. if only.....

Gamer_Guy

stvevan

if Max is p1 after the first corner i think he will vanish, tbh even if he isnt once he gets drs it will be straight forward. mercs be a sitting duck on the start straight. hope im wrong

stvevan

themightyant

Kairu wrote:

Fingers crossed George does to Max what he did to Carlos last weekend.

Think we might need George to do what he did to Carlos last weekend.

Trying not to get over excited that we might actually have a race today.

themightyant

themightyant

@stvevan @Kairu and he’s off into the distance. Max on scrubbed softs, Merc on Fresh mediums will have to hope for a favourable safety window/incident to give Merc a chance. They do have a larger pit window.

Update: Even if Lewis could get within DRS I don’t think the Merc has the pace, even with DRS, to catch and pass Max on the straights. 2022 RBR is just too good in a straight line. Only way I think they could win is through strategy or luck

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant I think it’s promising Lewis is keeping pace with Max on the harder tyre. Your right it will have to be done on strategy but I’m optimistic that it could be on to be done that way.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets agreed! Very promising he’s sticking with him here and could be done legit with strategy. But trying not to get over excited.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

That Gasley penalty looked like a no brainer. Surprised his team didn’t tell him to give it back straight away and only lose a second at most.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets agreed. Shame max got the fast stop over Sergio 😂 and shame FER aren’t in the race. 6 way race would have been great!

themightyant

themightyant

Hmmm not sure 1 stop and hard is the right strategy for Lewis. But guess they had to do the opposite of Max.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant yeah that surprised me. It will be interesting to see what they do with George. Very much turning into a strategy race.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Not looking good for Mercedes anymore. My optimism has gone.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

Where’s GOATifi when you need a safety car. 😂

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic