Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 341 to 360 of 749

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant I managed to wake myself up to see it live. Jenson thought Max would probably get punished for it but others were more on the fence.
The Red Bulls were talking the warm up laps much slower than others and were passed by plenty of drivers.

It seems Max has got a ‘reprimand’ for it but that’s it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

It would be cool if the conditions helped Vettel make it to the podium for his final race at Suzuka. I know it’s highly unlikely but knowing how much he loves the track it would be nice to see.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets Made it up! looking like rain all race so anything’s possible. Strategy crucial especially if they have to change between inters & wets. Warm up lap less spray that Singapore. Better surface too.

@JudgeDredd agreed, that was broadly my take too. Glad it didn’t cause a serious accident. Scary stuff, considering the speed delta.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@Kairu well if you jinxed him, I must have too.

I hope they don’t play it too cautious and wait too long to get going again. Chuck the full wets on and let the drivers show their skill.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

To be fair that visibility looks pretty shocking. Not sure conditions are going to improve though.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@JudgeDredd Totally. It does seem that F1 has become incapable of racing in actual rain, only being able to deal with damp tracks.

I hope I haven’t got up early for one lap.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@Kairu yeah, you can appreciate this track wanting to be more cautious.

That replay of Lewis looked like he only just missed Carlos’ crashed Ferrari because he basically couldn’t see it.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets yep! Scratch what I said about less spray on warm up lap, onboards from that first lap is damn scary. Can’t see the cars or track ahead clearly. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see much racing sadly.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@Kairu I did briefly catch it right at the end when they showed his view of when Alonso tried the overtake but they don’t seem to have noticed that bit or replayed it again.

Maybe they need to redesign all the track surfaces for superior drainage.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

I was about to say they were going to be following that safety car for a lot of laps to try and clear some water when they stopped the restart.

Not convinced we are going to see any more racing now.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

Kairu wrote:

@BearsEatBeets Can’t see this starting either. Likely woke up for nothing. 🙄

F1 turned into gaming time for me. Keeping one eye on the coverage. Hats off to the Japanese fans, waited 3 years for a race and get this.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

Well that was a fun little race in the end. Need to see Alonso’s last couple of laps, he should have taken Jenson’s advice a couple of laps earlier.

I think Charles will lose that second place.

Ridiculous dominance by Max.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

Great racing in the end, shame we could have more of it. Max imperious. To win by 30 seconds in 28 laps! Frankly unbelievable.

Lots of racing elsewhere, too much to note.
Vettel great turnaround after spinning on lap 1. Alonso with the risk paying off. Mercedes will be very bored of seeing the back of an Alpine yet again, half the story of their season, tucked up behind a car they just can’t overtake.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

Wow a quick decision by the stewards, that’s rare.

Congratulations Max

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets yes fair play, assuming it wasn’t over budget (trololololo). Glad they got it done quickly and congratulations, driver certainly deserved it this year, he’s been imperious.

Nice for the Japanese fans too after waiting for almost two and a quarter hours to get a good race and see the world title decided, plus with a Honda engine.

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant totally agree with all your points, especially fans/Honda. I Didn’t realise the swap of Perez and Charles was going to give him the title.

The little World Champion room/chair was almost comical.

It’s interesting, I think it was only just a lap or two past the stage of getting the full points and making the Championship possible.

But yeah maybe on Monday he will be back to one title 😉. Or delay the announcement for the umpteenth time.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Oh yeah and come on Sky, I want to see the Alonso/Vettel finish.

BearsEatBeets

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets would love to see all Alonso’s laps after the tyre change. Someone needs to hire Button as a strategist he was ahead of them all and without a computer. Big racing brain

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant Max winning the title has kind of ruined the post-race coverage as it's all they are pretty much talking about. I personally don't get who they think wants to watch a load of randoms congratulating Max for 5 minutes. They better get to the Alonso stuff before it finishes.

When Jenson mentioned it, I thought it would be worth a punt for either of the McLarens. Especially with the Alpines both outscoring them. Funny Jensen mentioned it for Vettel, if I'm remembering right, and if Alonso had done it a lap sooner, he would have taken him.

BearsEatBeets

stvevan

congrats Max.

have to ask again, whats the point in wets?

stvevan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic