Forums

Topic: New Year's (Gaming) Resolutions for 2020

Posts 81 to 100 of 112

LieutenantFatman

My resolution was to focus much less on trophies, platinums in particular, and as a consequence have extra time to play as many great games as possible before next gen gaming arrived.

Based on the fact I so far only have one platinum in 2020 and I usually attain a fair few, I think it's fair to say I've had some success in lowering their priority. I am still finding them to be a bit of a distraction here and there, I must admit but I think I've got a pretty good balance at the moment.

@kyleforrester87
Nicely done! I did about 2,600k or so this year on the bicycle. Furthest I did in one day was 37k though, not done any long rides, maybe one day.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

DerMeister

Good thing I didn't make any resolutions this year. I did beat a lot of games but I didn't have a goal for games this year.

I did fail a real life resolution- Learning guitar. I've had one since 2013, but I've never made time to learn, mostly because by 2014 my uncle broke a string on it and I didn't replace it until last year. And then this year was, you know. So I never managed to summon the motivation to actually do it. Hopefully this time I'll bring myself to do it. I know it takes time to learn, but I'm hoping I can decently play before I'm 30.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Blooper987

I’m gonna start a gaming YouTube channel!

colonelkilgore

Funnily enough I just mentioned this on another thread and then I noticed this:

I’m gonna clear my PS3 backlog in 2021, so that’s Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Rising, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, God of War 2, God of War: Ascension, Dante’s Inferno and infamous.

I’m gonna try and get some of my PS4 backlog cleared in amongst this too (but that is MUCH bigger and may never be done).

**** DLC!

Gaming365247

I have a few in mind gaming wise.

• not really a resolution but it can be one. I wanna hold out on the Ps5/Series X as long as i can. I use to buy new console week one or month one but the start of this generation has tought me to wait it out. The last system i brought week one was the Nintendo Switch and i have no regrets.
  • number 2 ignore the hype/hate of games. I need to this more often the stuff with The Last Of Us Part 2, Marvel Avengers and Cyberpunk has tought me well. I am just gonna play what i like and not listen to anyones opinion. Hype or hate.
  • number 3 ignore reviews and just play (sorry pushsquare). I need to learn to not depend on reviews and just play.
  • number 4 - complete more games. Simple..

Ask Me for my PSN/XBL Gamertags

crimsontadpoles

Most of this is the same as what I said on the previous page last week. Updating it here since I managed to reduce my backlog for this year, thus closing off the final goal.

• Reduce my backlog: I've completed more games than I bought, so this is now a success. A last minute push on a few games that were nearly complete helped, along with playing a couple of short games.
  • Play a Yakuza game: Completed Yakuza 0.
  • Play Red Dead Redemption 2: That's all done.
  • Play a Persona game: I've beaten both Persona 5 Dancing, and the PSP version of Persona 1.
  • Give my PS Vita some more love: Completed Sly Cooper 2 and Persona 1 on it. Would have liked to have played more games on it, but 2 games is good enough for this goal.
colonelkilgore

@crimsontadpoles

That is a successful week... I feel ashamed of myself for the little I have done to reduce my backlog (mine actually has grown).

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore What's in your current backlog dude?

Edit: Never mind, just saw it above. Dante's Inferno is great, a great clone of the early GoW games, I got stuck in the "mirror" level and gave up, personally, though. I greatly enjoyed GoW 2 when I first played it, I beat that game and found it vastly superior to Dante's Inferno, from what I played of it, my advice is to play that before Dante's if you want to play the better game first.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@Draco_V_Ecliptic

Cheers for the input, I am planning on playing GoW2 first as it goes... I forgot to include the Dead Space trilogy on that list too, so that has to be included at some point.

Also, I’ve found out that you can play MGS1 on PS3, as it was not included in the UK MGS HD Collection, I thought it was impossible. In case you (or anyone here) didn’t know, all you have to do is create a US PSN Account, purchase it of the US store, download it to your system and then it is playable for any account that uses said system. So that’s also been added.

So, the order that I plan on going is (& it is always subject to change of course):

MGS: PW
GoW: GoS
MGS3
GoW2
MGS
GoW: Ascension
MGS2
Dante’s Inferno
MGS4
MGS: Rising
Dead Space
Infamous
GoW3 (PS4)
Dead Space 2

... and then that should be it as I’ve heard that Dead Space 3 is pretty awful. The it’s on to the PS4 backlog (might be done by PS6).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore MGS2 is one of the major gaps in my gaming resume’. I played a little bit of it a long time ago and for some reason never went back to complete it. I just filled in the gaps myself storywise while playing the rest of the franchise. I also only played a smidgen of MGS Rising, and at the time the gameplay difference shocked my sensibilities and so I haven’t had the motivation to go back to it. I do need to actually play and complete MGS2 though. I own it with the remastered collection on Vita.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

“major gaps in my gaming resume” @Th3solution

This is kinda why I’m going back and playing these ‘classic’ franchises. I used to be very casual... I loved the games ‘I’ liked (I only really used to play open world games like GTA... and open world RPG’s like Elder Scrolls) and didn’t really care for anything else.

Then I stutter-started the From Soft Soulsborne series and once it clicked I started thinking what else have I missed due to being so closed-minded. So now I actively go looking for classic games (& series’ of games) to ‘add to my resume’ (if you don’t mind me stealing your terminology).

Platinum hunted also pushed in this regard as I find playing one game through until obtaining a plat can be quite draining sometimes... and then it’s nice to chase the next plat on something that feels completely different.

I’ll let you know what I think of MGS2 once I’ve played it... obviously it is renowned as a classic but I will see it through fresh eyes with no nostalgia.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Is the original Metal Gear Solid not available in the UK on PS3 anymore? I bought it a few years back and it plays fine on my PS3.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett

I will double check but I don’t think so. Not sure what the issue is but it must be something to do with the fact that MGS1 wasn’t included on the HD collection (it was in Japan... & there was a Legacy Collection in the States that included it).

I’m in the middle of a death match going on PS3 at the moment but once it’s over I’ll check. To be honest though, as long as I can play it I don’t mind which store I’ve had to get it from.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I’ve had a little look and it’s still available as a PS1 classic on Vita at least, I’d have to check on PS3. Like you say, doesn’t really matter what store it’s from though!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Anti-Matter

My achievements during year 2020:
1. Purchased XBOX and XBOX 360 games for the first time.
2. Got 20 PS3 games by the end of December 2020.
3. Got ALL Ratchet & Clank games from PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP.
4. Got ALL Sly Cooper games on PS3.
5. Collected more than 250 physical games.

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett

You were right, its surprisingly difficult to find... the PS3 store is all over the place but it’s on there for £7.99. 👊😁👍

**** DLC!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.