Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

People are freaking out because Steve Burton took "Voice of Cloud Strife" off his twitter profile even though there are MANY reason why he might have done it for example

• he is plugging his part in another show and you can only have so much written there
  • he is under a NDA and can't advertise that he does the voice right now (like Ray Chase did with his when he had " it's ya boi Noctis" and Square asked him to remove it because of a NDA)
  • perhaps he simple wasn't free to do the part and thus they had to recast (and it wouldn't be the first time, Square had to do it with Squall, Aerith and Sephiroth before)
  • maybe he has quit voice acting
  • perhaps Square wanted to do something new and thought his portrayal didn't fit the Cloud from FFVII (which wasn't as emo as people think it was, he was quite humorous at times and a bit cocky, i swear people only remember how he was in Advent Children)
  • as he is a Union actor if he is working on a non-union project he would not be allowed to say he is working on it and he would have to use a pseudonym

like i said those are just a few reasons as to why he MIGHT not be playing Cloud in the remake but anyway what do you think, was that him in the last trailer?, do you mind if they changed the voice?, are you going to throw a hissy fit like people on Twitter are?

Untitled

and here is the trailer again, try a figure out if it's him or not

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

SO as i'm working through FFVII (for like the 30th time) i thought i would just leave a few tips for new players

so first off, Tifa's Ultimate Weapon, Premium Heart

Premium Heart is the ultimate weapon for Tifa and can be obtained by examining a machine in the abandoned building that has a sign "ITEM" outside in Wall Market. It can be obtained after the player has talked to the man outside Midgar and found the Key to Sector 5 buried in Bone Village after Highwind is available

BUT there is something about this you need to know, the weapon is actually really weak when using it for a normal attack because you see it's power is linked to your limit gauge and level if you have her level 4 Limit set and a full gauge the weapon will cause over 9500 in damage if your level 65 or above BUT with the Limit gauge full, you can't attack and here is the tip, you can get around this by equiping her with the Mug Materia (it's what the steal Materia becomes after it levels up), by having this equipped you now have an option to attack and keep you limit gauge full (with the added bonus of possibly stealing an item too) and by pairing Mug with the Added Cut Materia you can even attack twice in a row

you can also give her the Counter Attack Materia so she automatically attacks when she is attacked and Mime Materia so she can copy another characters standard attack if needed

so as long as she has a full gauge, her level 4 Limit set AND you never use it, her Ultimate Weapon is actually the strongest in the game and unlike Clouds, it power doesn't go down the lower her HP is

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo wow. That's interesting.

When we play games nowadays - this complexity is completely gone. One of the reasons I love every final fantasy on the ps1 and 2.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah one of the things i love about 7 is if you know how to use it's Materia system properly you can seriously break the game and make yourself completely OP, same with FFVIII and the Junction System

but as for FFVII take this for example, with the Materia combination of W-Summon, Knights of Round and Quadra Magic, you can summon KoR 8 times in a row (and only use the MP for 2 summons so you will need over 650 MP to do this), this is enough to KO pretty much everything in the game, for example if you are over level 60 Safer Sephiroth (the FINAL boss) will go down in one move, heck if you also mime it (you redo the last move done but it costs no MP and if if you have that Materia) you can take out Ruby Weapon in less that 5 minutes

FullbringIchigo

So does anyone think this is true?

imagine if they showed the trailer at the XBOX E3 event, the internet will explode

but regardless the more people that can play it the better, i'll still be getting it on PS4 though

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD FFVI is probably the best of the 2D FF's, it does have a great story, great music, a fun battle system and a great cast of characters

plus one of the best baddies in the series
Untitled

mookysam

Kefka is my phone's notification tone. I have got strange looks on the bus before. 😂

Final Fantasy VI is definitely the best of the 2D ones and one of the best overall. I love the story, characters and music and the battle system is a lot of fun. Celes is one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters. I hope you see why later in the game @KratosMD. I actually played it on the Game Boy Advance which has worse music owing to the system's lack of a sound chip, but a very good new translation. I'm still sporadically playing through the SNES original on my SNES mini. The translation is a little odd at times!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD well i have the SNES version (on Wii shop and SNES Mini) and for the most part no it hasn't, a few things have been refined of course plus the title was changed from FFIII to the original FFVI but it's almost the same as the american SNES version

also i too recently started playing FFVI on my PSVita (via the PSN release of the PS1 version)

such a shame Sony stopped supporting the Vita, it's an awesome little system

Ralizah

The music in FFVI Advance is fine. It sounds a bit different due to the hardware, but I never felt like I was listening to some vastly inferior version of the soundtrack. Heck, I actually prefer the Advance versions of certain tracks.

Meanwhile, besides the better translation, it has bug fixes, two extra dungeons, and new espers. It's easily the best version of the game in English, especially that SLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW loading PS1 version. I could understand someone preferring the SNES version, though, if you played it growing up.

I still own the PS1 version on my Vita, though, if only to have a modern portable version of the game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i never got round to getting the GBA version but i am SERIOUSLY thinking of getting it to flesh out my FF collection IF i can find it at a decent price that is

although i will need a new GBA sp too as the screen on my old one is cooked (and i mean cooked, i accidentally left on the table one day and went to work, back when i worked days and it was the middle of summer, the heat and sun literally cooked it)

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Ouch. Yeah, you can really destroy your electronics that way. Or getting them anywhere near water. I had a laptop once that practically had a stroke when a few droplets of water dripped on it. I say "stroke" because half of the keyboard was paralyzed!

I own an SP, but I don't really care for it. Form factor is tiny and cramped (making you do a horrible "crab" grip with your hands), the backlight on the older one I own isn't as good as it is on some of the newer variations, and there's no headphone jack.

The best way to play GBA games, IMO, is with a OG GBA with a backlight modded in. That's expensive, though, so I think the best accessible way to play them is on a Nintendo DS Lite.

But yeah, IMO, IV - VI Advance are the definitive versions of those games. Although the 3D remake of IV, along with PSP version with the updated pixel art, aren't shabby at all either. I just prefer IV Advance because I detest the way pixel art games designed for the PSP tended to look.

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah well i do have a OG DS and DSlite somewhere so i could always use one of those i guess

as for FFIV on PSP i loved how that looked same as FF and FFII and they also changed those versions and added new dungeons and a revamped MP system, the DS and PSP versions of FFIII were basically the same anyway BUT i would say the PSP version is the best as you DON'T need to send messages to other players in order to unlock Onion Knight (which you do on the DS version)

plus the PSP version of IV also came with FFIV: Interlude and FFIV: The After Years so that also gives it a leg up on the other releases for me PLUS if you have a PSTV and the digital version of the game you can play it on your tele too

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, objectively speaking, IV on PSP is probably the best version. Especially since it comes with other software. I just wish it wasn't such a turn-off aesthetically.

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah they smoothed it up a bit but it still looks good i think

Untitled

but i think all versions of FFIV look good, it's just a nice looking game

FullbringIchigo

so that last Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer we got a good look at the status menu, looks like the battle system will be some kind of real time/turn based hybrid as we still have an ATB bar

Untitled

so my guess is that normal attacks you can pull off at will but special attacks require the ATB to be charged to a certain point before they can

FullbringIchigo

SO, that E3 event hey

some info about the FFVII Remake and how it plays, plus we saw Tifa and i love her design

and FINAL FANTASY VIII REMASTER!!!!!

just look at those uprezed character models

Untitled

those are some PS2 levels right there, i can't wait

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo yeah boi. Will be in this thread a lot later this year.

Final Fantasy 8 remaster Boom!

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy tell me about it, i BLOODY love FFVIII

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I wrote this in May!

Re: Square Enix Financial Forecasts Suggest Final Fantasy VII Remake Won't Launch Before March 2020

themcnoisy
46themcnoisyThu 16th May 2019
'Interestingly, the publisher's forecasts for fiscal year 2021 (that's March 2020 to March 2021) have ballooned, adding weight to the speculation.'

Yaahoo it must be the unannounced FF8 remake! Get in Squeenix you beauty

I CALLED IT! (Albeit I was joking att)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic