Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 2,024

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yes, I think that’s a plus on my end (the ability try to skip some boss fights) although in most games I end up still going for the optional bosses anyways.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

@nessisonett One of my biggest problems with FROM games is that they're just so obnoxious with things like pausing. Like you never know when there's going to be a knock at the door or your gran is going to fall down the stairs or something. And it's like, "Gran man I'm onto the last phase of Blood Starved Beast giz a minute."

I don't need that kind of stress in my life. I hate the lack of a pause button and just general quality of life stuff. It's like you wanna play online? LOL answer me these riddles three, and then use this item in this place at this time and you have a 1/12 chance of connecting to your friend but also they might be evil now. I don't know. There's just a difference between a game being hard with tough enemies etc. and a game being needlessly obtuse.

For me, I think they should just go the whole hog and have granular difficulty / accessibility options like in The Last of Us Part II so that anyone can play the games. I know that some people would just use the options to beat it even though they don't need the accessibility options but whatever. Who cares? Surely they could just tie trophies to the options or something so you can only get them if you play the honest to God vanilla version without any tweaks?

What does it matter. I'm still going to play this. Still going to battle on with all the nonsense. Still going to put up with no pause and stupid systems and whatever.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc I think its good that your Avatar includes two people as this most recent post does hint towards multiple-personality disorder 🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc ... hate to break it to ya but I think that you do have a gran-personality that you're totally unaware of. I've seen her post!

**** DLC!

JOZJO23

sup, new artwork of elden ring can be seen here - https://discord.gg/dD5Snr6VPm

seems bandai is revealing too much of the game now... I wonder if the leaks will stop this fall.

JOZJO23

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Do you reckon we will be able to transform into a werewolf, like the one briefly glimpsed in the trailer, in the game? There is speculation on another website that we will, but only at the cost of health/stats or something until we can find a purging stone or something similar to undo the 'curse'.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I am sure you have heard the latest from Bandai Namco, with their website updating the lore for the game, but just in case you haven't, the gist of it is that you will be able to choose between either taking on the demigods or unifying the Lands Between, both of which can result in completion of the game, with the latter presumably occurring through the completion of NPC-given quests. With that in mind, will you choose to take on the demigods or unify the Lands Between for a first playthrough? I can imagine you will want to do everything in the game, and go into NG+ at least for the platinum. I myself plan on taking on the demigods in a NG cycle then unifying the Lands Between in NG+ .What will you choose to do?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman no I hadn’t read this actually, very interesting though. I’ll probably try and get a feel for the options first from dialogue and item descriptions etc. but the order which you suggested also seems the most likely way I’ll tackle them.

How’s Obra Dinn going?

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I didn't get it! I bought Deus Ex:Mankind Divided instead, throwing you a curve-ball there, I'm not entirely sure why I had just heard of it I think and wanted to try it, have you played it?

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman played the one on PS3 (Human Revolution) and quite liked it actually. Do you mind checking whether the multiplayer is still active, if so I might pick it up and play it this month?

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I fell off of it and deleted it quite quickly, gameplay just wasn't for me, as I said in the other thread, and I couldn't find anything after a quick Google search to say if multiplayer is still active, I presume not, in that case.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve watched the films many time buddy, well I’ve watched the extended editions many times… saw the theatrical versions once a piece. I read the Hobbit about twenty years ago and my father read the three LotR books to me for bedtime stories as a child. Fantasy… and particularly Tolkien have always been a big part of my personal geekdom.

I imagine your a big fan too?

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore I've read The Hobbit recently and I'm currently reading the LotR trilogy. Really loved The Hobbit and am progressing well with The Fellowship of the Ring. It's high-fantasy at it's best. No wonder Martin saw fit to plunder the material eh?

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman well that’s a subject which will probably spawn creative writing course or three (it it hasn’t already). I’m of the opinion that Martin simply took the high-fantasy genre (which was basically created by Tolkein’s works… or at the very least he set the template which has been followed thereafter) and proceeded to turn a lot of the tropes which had set in on their heads. I see it in a similar way (what Martin did with Fantasy) to what Alan Moore did in super hero comics with Watchmen… and I love both dearly.

Let’s just hope the added context, themes and layers that Martin will undoubtedly add to the book’s conclusion will be a more fitting end than that of the tv series.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

"He (Miyazaki) also said that there will be more health items in the game. Whereas Demon's Souls uses different grasses to heal players, Dark Souls uses Estus Flasks, Bloodborne uses Blood Vials, and Sekiro uses Gourds, Elden Ring will presumably have several items that can restore health. Miyazaki said this is because the world map is so large, and it can be inferred that resting points may be fewer and farther between than in other From games." - from https://www.gameskinny.com/39463/miyazaki-gives-new-details-o...

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer Doesn't that mean that "bonfires" will be set up like in DeS/Bloodborne as opposed to plentiful placement aka DS3/Sekiro - it might not be the best idea game-design wise in a huge open-world eh? Might be a bit too hard, even for FromSoft, for me anyway.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman maybe… definitely sounds like that from the piece you linked. I did hear a rumour that bonfires (or their Elden Ring equivalent) could be a ‘consumable’. As in, there would be an item ie ‘Bonfire kit’ that you can use to create a temporary rest and recuperation spot, that will be exhausted after x amount of uses. I know Miyazaki was considering something similar during the Dark Souls 3 pre-production, so maybe he’s finally getting a chance to use it.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic