Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,024

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder @colonelkilgore @crimsontadpoles @nessisonett @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer @LieutenantFatman Some more information for you Ladies and Gentlemen, it's a full IGN interview with Game Director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, about the game. https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-miyazaki-hidetaka-ful...

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution This quote, from the interview in the link above appeared to be particularly pertinent for you, my friend:

"There are two things we wanted to really concentrate on with this topic you brought up. One is the ease of understanding, the level of understanding the players have of the story and the narrative and we feel like, because this is a game that's based around its characters, this is a lot easier to understand, a lot easier to approach in that sense. So it's less abstract. While the player-character themselves is, as you might be familiar with other games, a little more nameless, a little more of a blank slate for the player to project themselves onto, other characters will provide that sense of depth and that sense of color and multifarious motives and ulterior motives that are going to keep them engaged and keep them second guessing as they explore through the world." - Hidetaka Miyazaki

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@lolwhatno I already posted a link to that, above. But I'm glad I wasn't the only person to come across it, what else did you take away from the interview?

Black_Swordsman

@lolwhatno The aspect of the demigods tainted by madness dominating each of the six main areas in the game stood out to me, similar to previous Souls? yes, but still a good and intriguing concept.

Black_Swordsman

Does anyone who's read the interview posted above or who knows something about Elden Ring based on the information that is out there believe that this will be Miyazaki/FromSoft's last big dark action rpg? It seems that if everything Dark Soulsian has been thrown into the pot this time there will be nowhere else to go after that? They were also rumored to be working on a sci-fi title a while ago.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah always interested to hear the words of Hidetaka-san (or Mr Brian, as I will now probably always think of him 😎). Such an intelligent yet humble dude. I'm loving the thought of these main bosses being the Old Gods trying to maintain a presence in a long dormant world that, if certain events play out... is about to bloom into a new golden age where they would be little more than a bad memory.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Although that’s what we expected, it’s good news to see we were correct about the story being more traditional and approachable. I know many Souls fans cherish the nuanced and cryptic storytelling of the Souls games, but for me a ‘easier to understand’ narrative will be welcome. And I think that’s why you bring in George RR Martin anyways. You don’t hire one of the most notable fantasy writers in the world and then bury his lore and story in the shadows where you have to read wiki articles and watch YouTube videos in order to understand. You put it front and center and build off of it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Analysing the four interviews with Miyazaki recently did.

@colonelkilgore Just so you know 'san' is usually after the surname in Japan. It would be like calling Brian Blessed, Mr Brian. Which is weird.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore That is even funnier if you knew what 'Johnny' means...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

I might just get the special or collectors edition for this. Just waiting for pre-orders to come up.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Also looks like I was on the right track when thinking about the difficulty being a touch less with this game. Still reportedly difficult, but the options and MP availability make it a little more feasible, according to the recent article.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution That being said, what do you think about "having to fight for longer between checkpoints" ,with regard to the difficulty? Are you still undecided about buying the title?

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Too early to get hyped, only a rumor at this stage, just Googled it and found some info via reddit. A spiritual successor to Bloodborne would be great, and most welcome, but I feel like they are going to be competing with themselves if they release it too close to Elden Ring.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic