Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 681 to 700 of 810

LN78

Yeah - I'm sure that's what his imaginary friend is telling him, too..

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Massive Talent, Colour Out of Space and Pig proved that there’s a space for Cage in more experimental movies by up and coming directors. Renfield looks like it could be great too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@nessisonett Those are all great movies, no doubt but they're not "Con Air".

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Con Air, Face/Off and The Rock all releasing within a year of each other is insane. Three of the best schlocky action movies out there.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

Star Wars: Demolition coming to PS Plus (and by extension, hopefully PS4 and PS5 as a separate standalone purchase) is huge news that I didn't expect to see today! Syphon Filter 3 will be an automatic unlock for me next week, since I already own the PSone Classic on PS3, but it might have some serious competition out of the gate. Wonder if it'll come with a trophy list?

Darn, first The Bad Batch and now this...? Calm down, Wednesday!!

And could this be a sign of more classic Star Wars games coming to modern hardware? If so, The Phantom Menace and Jedi Power Battles would be very welcome indeed, especially since the latter's disc doesn't properly work on PS2s and PS3s.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

I read the Star Wars Jedi: Aayla Secura one shot this morning. Not much to say about it, though it was fun seeing her face off against a bounty hunter I recognized from the Clone Wars TV series.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RogerRoger

@RR529 I quite like some of those one-shot stories. I've got a compilation of early ones which I read last year, and they were pretty neat. Some were better than others, though.

Who was the bounty hunter, if you don't mind me asking?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@RogerRoger, not sure if I'm spelling it right, but Aurra Sing (pale looking woman with an antenna sticking out of her head).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LN78

Untitled
What a godawful poster. The trailer is out later tonight. Yay.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@RR529 Belated thanks for confirming that Aurra Sing was the bounty hunter in Aayla's one-shot. Funnily enough, Sing is a playable character in Star Wars: Demolition, the old PSone game which randomly got added to PSN last week. Seems like she's popping up everywhere at the moment!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Catching up with The Bad Batch and last week's episode included Ben Schwartz (Movie Sonic) as a hilariously cocky racing droid, which was a treat. Very strong Jak X vibes from the whole thing. Meanwhile, today's episode was a love letter to Indiana Jones, and one heck of a spectacular one at that.

Both would've made for excellent videogames. As great as they are starring in a weekly adventure, I really hope that Clone Force 99 become playable in a game someday. They'd work so well.

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Alden.
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2023/01/alden-ehrenreich-open...
I keep reading articles such as this about other actors like Daisy Ridley or Emilia Clarke. Of course they'd go back to these high profile franchises - they're actors who want work and Disney presumably pays extremely well.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Elodin

@RogerRoger those episodes sound fun. I'll have to jump back in and watch season 2.

Elodin

Thrillho

I randomly watched Episode 1 last night while on an extended baby holding/feeding shift.

First off, holy heck that film is almost 24 years old now 😳 I remember going to see it (twice!) in the cinema in my first year in secondary school.

It really is a weird film though. The pod racing scene is cool but really odd that almost a third of the film is spent on that section. The whole trade war angle is so bizarre too and the scrolling text into is almost comical talking about it. I also think the script has the word “yippee” in it more than every other film in the known universe put together.

Full marks to the completely unnecessary laser barriers in the big fight scene with Darth Maul at the end too

And I did have a little chuckle at each @RogerRoger from the battle droids.

Thrillho

LN78

@Thrillho You say "weird" I say "godawful". 😉.

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I remember it being a bit better then I last remembered when I watched it when I last had Disney+ a couple of years back. Still not great though and not a patch on the OG trilogy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder Is there a secret to making it past the first scene with Jar-Jar? I've tried many times over the years and I just can't do it.

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Apart from wearing a blindfold and earplugs, no. The kid that played young Anakin was also just as annoying as when I first watched it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic