Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 241 to 245 of 245

RogerRoger

@LN78 Yeah, it has. Disney are still happy to sell reprints, but they all come with a big "Legends" banner on the front cover, which identifies them as non-canon. The outcry was loud and immediate, which is why you now get some elements of "Legends" stories being cherry-picked for inclusion in new canon content, like Thrawn (who has been treated rather well, it must be said, with Timothy Zahn commissioned for a series of new novels and consulted on the character's Rebels appearance).

Upon gaining control, the only things Disney protected with canon status were the seven movies and all episodes of The Clone Wars. Everything produced since the takeover (comics, novels, TV shows, videogames, etc.) is tightly controlled by a central story group, and forms the new canon.

I really like Dark Empire. If nothing else, it resurrected Pappa Palps for far more compelling reasons.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

New content added to LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, free of charge?

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LN78 Thanks for suggesting that LEGO video over in the other topic, by the way! Had it on in the background for a bit, and it's just wrapping up. There are so many LEGO games!! And of course, I disagree with the placements of my favourites, but it's interesting to get a broader overview that takes into account all of the entries I've skipped over the years. Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

KidBoruto

RogerRoger wrote:

@KidBoruto Nice, thanks for the heads-up! I think I've seen some panels from the Rebels comic before, but didn't really explore any further at the time. I freakin' love Rebels. Such a great bunch of characters, and such an awesome show.

Yeah, I totally understand the desire to wait until something's finished. I'm the same with some TV shows and episodic game releases. From what I gather, The High Republic is one giant interconnected story, told across comics, manga, YA novels and other books. I hope that reading one part of it makes enough sense for everything to still be enjoyable!

I highly recommend buying the Rebels manga, the artwork is amazing from what little I've seen online!

Example: I waited until the Invader Zim comics were finished before I started reading them, despite owning the comics for awhile.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: Kid Boruto (Ryan)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto89

PSN: KidBoruto89 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic