Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 241 to 260 of 810

RogerRoger

New content added to LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, free of charge?

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LN78 Thanks for suggesting that LEGO video over in the other topic, by the way! Had it on in the background for a bit, and it's just wrapping up. There are so many LEGO games!! And of course, I disagree with the placements of my favourites, but it's interesting to get a broader overview that takes into account all of the entries I've skipped over the years. Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@KidBoruto Nice, thanks for the heads-up! I think I've seen some panels from the Rebels comic before, but didn't really explore any further at the time. I freakin' love Rebels. Such a great bunch of characters, and such an awesome show.

Yeah, I totally understand the desire to wait until something's finished. I'm the same with some TV shows and episodic game releases. From what I gather, The High Republic is one giant interconnected story, told across comics, manga, YA novels and other books. I hope that reading one part of it makes enough sense for everything to still be enjoyable!

I highly recommend buying the Rebels manga, the artwork is amazing from what little I've seen online!

Example: I waited until the Invader Zim comics were finished before I started reading them, despite owning the comics for awhile.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@LN78 Thank you! As much as I'm desperately trying to keep my expectations in check, I'm absolutely loving all the Star Wars content everybody's been producing of late. I watched Mr. Sunday Movies' Caravan of Garbage earlier, because they've been covering the prequels and finally got to Episode III.

To embed a YouTube video, copy its direct link and then simply paste it by itself, on its own line.

If you quote this post, you'll see how I've done it.

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger Thanks! Aren't the "Sunday Movies" chaps rather negative about the prequels, particularly the first two? I'm sure I heard a podcast they did around the time of "The Last Jedi" where they were pretty much on the "well at least the sequels are turning out better than the prequels" bandwagon. I could be wrong though.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto I did, briefly. Saw some of the pages on Google and loved 'em, so then went looking for copies on Amazon, but I caught a couple of upcoming product rumours in another window, and then one of my many Star Wars merchandise pre-orders got charged and dispatched. By the time I'd added all the available volumes to my basket, the total price tag was too much to ask, and I chickened out.

It's gonna be the same over Celebration (thanks for the reminder!) in that I'll be in a huge Star Wars mood and wanna buy tons of stuff, so I'll sit on my hands and end up buying nothing.

@LN78 The thing I like about the Mr. Sunday Movies chaps is that, as well as being breezy and funny, they come across as genuinely good lads. They do dunk on a lot of what I like, including the prequels, but they're always fair about doing so. It's never "...and if you like these, you're wrong!" but rather "...and hey, if you like these, that's cool, we respect that." They also do a lot of background research to explain how and why things turned out the way they did, which helps contextualise their comments and balances out what'd otherwise be raw opinion. They're basically how I wish the internet would be, because I think people would be more open to trying to understand opposing views if they were presented A: softly, B: fairly, and C: with a self-deprecating sense of humour.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a social soapbox speech. Anyway, I like 'em!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I'm always on the lookout for new and entertaining material that dunks on the prequels - I thought I'd seen it all. I'll give them a watch at lunchtime.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Well, hope you enjoy, but be warned that they might be more balanced than you're expecting!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I have no problem with balanced. I seem to recall that they really liked "The Last Jedi" - or at least one of them did, so it's not as if we're going to be in full bore agreement or anything!

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Sorry, I honestly didn't mean to imply otherwise! Was just trying to ensure you weren't disappointed by the lack of total evisceration, s'all.

By the way, I keep meaning to ask, how're you getting on with LEGO Star Wars, or did you drop it?

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I watched their recent "Phantom Menace" retrospective - it was very good in that it wasn't the usual "Jake and Jar-Jar ruined my life" spiel, but I have to say when one of them said "I've realised something about this movie... I HATE IT!!" I spilt my tea. That wasn't very balanced at all. I've got "LEGO Star Wars" on the backburner. I certainly want to get back to it but as you've probably gathered I've been back in the retro groove recently - my last few games were on Saturn (the "X-Men" game we talked about) PS2 (the utterly excellent "The Punisher") and Megadrive (the utterly catastrophic "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade").

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Yeah, that made me laugh! Because he spends the rest of the video being interested in the trivia and background, and making understanding comments about opposing opinions, and then just drops that with perfect comedic timing and delivery. Brilliant (although I'm sorry it made you spill your tea)!

That's cool, I figured your new Saturn had diverted your attention. You gotta play what you want to, when you want to! Based on your catastrophic comment, I just went looking for footage of The Last Crusade on MegaDrive, and the whole game is seventeen minutes long...?!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I guess some insanely masochistic speed runner might have devoted enough time and energy to mastering the game to be able to beat it in that short a time. The strange thing is I got really strong nostalgia vibes from the thing - I'm downright positive I loved it when I was a kid.

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Maybe you did. Children have a frightening capacity for forgiveness when it comes to such things, as I've often come to realise whenever revisiting old favourites as an adult. Sorry to hear it didn't turn out to be a more positive trip down memory lane; at least The Punisher was a success!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger Oh "The Punisher" is tremendous fun - especially with the god mode cheats switched on!

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Heh, awesome. Glad I'm not the only one who likes a good God Mode!

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@KidBoruto I did, briefly. Saw some of the pages on Google and loved 'em, so then went looking for copies on Amazon, but I caught a couple of upcoming product rumours in another window, and then one of my many Star Wars merchandise pre-orders got charged and dispatched. By the time I'd added all the available volumes to my basket, the total price tag was too much to ask, and I chickened out.

It's gonna be the same over Celebration (thanks for the reminder!) in that I'll be in a huge Star Wars mood and wanna buy tons of stuff, so I'll sit on my hands and end up buying nothing.

That's fair! You can always buy the manga later, doubt it'll go out of print that fast.

Also you're welcome! Whatcha hoping they announce at the Celebration?

Edited on by KidRyan

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

LN78

@KidBoruto If they announced a beautiful 4K blu-ray release (a little akin to the "Blade Runner" boxset) containing all the incarnations of the OT then I'd be overjoyed. Of course that won't happen. They'll announce 20 new Disney+ series and 10 new videogames that I don't care about at all. Oh well.

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic