Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,701

Pditty1980

RubyCarbuncle wrote:

Tales of Arise and Kena Bridge of Spirits.

My most recent ps5 purchase is the Directors cut of Ghost of Tsushima (which is brilliant) but im looking forward to Kena Bridge of Spirits

Pditty1980

RubyCarbuncle

@Pditty1980 I got the Director's Cut of Ghost of Tsushima too as I never played the original release on PS4, fantastic game so it is. I honestly can't believe I missed out on it the first time around.

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

Col_McCafferty

So, I've been need of a 'new' open world game for some time, so saw AC Valhalla on sale on the Store for £33.59 and decided to take the plunge.

Big AC fan and really enjoyed Odyssey but was waiting until I got a PS5 before buying Valhalla. Looking forward to getting into a big open world epic that will take months to finish.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I saw that sale price too and it was tempting. I haven’t played Odyssey yet so I have held off. I’ll be curious how you like Valhalla.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Col_McCafferty I haven’t played one since AC2 and just can’t ever bring myself to pull the trigger on another one.

How are you getting on with Control?

Thrillho

Col_McCafferty

@Thrillho There's been some really good ones since then, in particular Black Flag and Odyssey. Probably too late to play the former but I believe Odyssey has just received an upgrade on PS5 and is a really good game in it's own right. Pick Kassandra though, she's a really engaging and charismatic lead.

I am liking Control, unlocking more skills and abilities as I go along and the combat is fun. Not Final Fantasy VII or Spider-Man fun but it's not bad. The setting is unique and the story is quite interesting although hasn't grabbed me yet.

@Th3solution I'll start my playthrough later today (Sunday), bounce between it and Control. Valhalla for more formulaic and comfortable open world play and Control when I want more challenging gameplay and narrative.

Col_McCafferty

BowTiesAreCool

@Col_McCafferty I borrowed Odyssey for a week close to launch, always meant to keep an eye out for it in a sale. Since then have they added the tourist mode into it? Where you can just free roam with no enemies with a voice tour guide etc.

BowTiesAreCool

Th3solution

With Guardians of the Galaxy having “gone gold” a couple weeks ago and there is already hands on impressions flooding the internet, I wonder if the game will actually release early. It’s release date is still over a month away. I’m not sure I’ll get it at release, either way, but I’m much more interested in it now after reading about it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution This wasn't even on my radar before but reading the preview the other day has made me interested. I've not played the ME games yet but have heard lots of good things about them so in general seems like they've got a good way with the game's design.

render

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution @render yeah it’s become a blip on my radar now also. Just picked up Mass Effect: Legendary Edition this week, so I’ll be playing those first… but I’ll deffo keep my eye on this.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@render Wait… you’ve not played the Mass Effect games?! I’ve heard rumors of your kind, but never actually met one. 😜

But seriously, it’s a seminal series and now with the Legendary Edition, it’s a lower barrier to enter it. If only it had a PS5 patch to make it even better…

I don’t replay games often but would like to replay the series, especially now that it’s updated. But now if GotG is following that recipe, then I might just play it first to scratch that ME itch.

render

@Th3solution I know right, I'd better come out from under this rock I've been hiding under 😂

I actually can't believe I've managed to not play them yet either so will definitely be doing so. I was going to grab LE earlier in the year but ended up getting into Demon's Souls and then onto Hades. I've now got loads of games that I want to go back to and just not enough time to play them. I'm always impressed by @colonelkilgore and your ability to scythe through games to get the platinum.

render

colonelkilgore

@render ahh much planning and preparation my friend 😅. I put myself under some pressure sometimes though in regards to ‘time-to-plat’. For example, I’m currently playing MGS2 and I originally set 13th Oct as the day I expect to pop the plat (if I can plat this at all tbh)… but having now started it (& probably being ‘around’ halfway through my second playthru) I’m expecting it to go well past the date I’ve scheduled… which causes me much anxiety I can tell you 😅!

**** DLC!

Voltan

I only played the first one for a while and decided it wasn't really for me (which happens with a lot of western RPGs to be fair).

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan You're dead to me...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@Voltan I played 1 & 2… and a bit of 3 back in the day (can’t really remember why I fell off 3 tbh). My main take-away was, that it was some of… if not the best sci-fi space opera I had experienced up until that point. Really strong characters and story… with ‘decent’ (at the time) 3rd person shooting.

From what I gather (from watching vids and reading reviews) the original does play a little clunky (even the recent remaster) but 2 and 3 still hold up.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic