Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,701

xeofate

I bought Terminator Resistance the other day as it was on sale and RoboCop was such a fun game, I've seen a few people recommend that game so thought I'd give it a shot.

xeofate

colonelkilgore

Great sale started today so had a Christmas splurge:

AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative
Deliver us Mars
Human: Fall Flat
Ziggurat
Ziggurat 2
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
GYLT
LIVE A LIVE
Deponia
Chaos on Deponia
Deponia Doomsday

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Nice, some good bargains in the sale which makes a change.
I see Lost in Random is cheap, pretty good game if you fancy something a little different (also on EA Play). £2.49 90% off.
I feel it is underrated and flew under many a radar.

Not sure I'm going to buy much, possibly Puzzling Places VR.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I think that I have Lost in Random tucked away in the backlog somewhere… 🤔 don’t think I had it for that good of a deal though tbh.

**** DLC!

Reveluv

From my wishlist:

Wo Long
Yakuza 6
Yakuza LAD
World of horror

at least the yakuza games were on sale after being removed from ps plus...

Reveluv

colonelkilgore

Just had £200 amazon vouchers from work so:

Gran Turismo 7
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Volume 1
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Lords of the Fallen

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Oooh very nice, that hole in the Amazon wallet was quickly burnt through.
I've been tempted by GT7 so many times as Sony keep doing the same £30ish deal every few months but I'm holding out just in case they do a VR2 bundle (unlikely but it would be my luck to buy GT7 and then it appears).
Would like to hear your thoughts on Lords of the fallen and avatar, the latter of which seems to have had its reviews adjusted by a Ubisoft tax (one that does actually exist) although I haven't played it so I could be talking out of my A.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@oliverp yeah was a nice surprise fair play. I did offer to buy the missus some trainers but she told me to blow it!

@CaptD Ubisoft-tax 🤣 I love it!

Yeah I’d been eyeing a physical copy of GT7 for ages… and it just so happened that it was reduced to £35 today when I received my vouchers, which was nice.

Will probably keep Avatar in the backlog for a while, as I played through two Far Cry this year and want to let it breathe a bit. Will be sure to let you know when I get around to it though.

**** DLC!

Ravix

I think I'll get Hogwarts Legacy and Alan Wake 2 and see where my mood takes me. I really don't think I'll be any good at any of the Survival horror aspects in AW2, but damn, Remedy deserves my money anyway and the FOMO is too strong.

Two studios with a lot of love put in to the games they released this year. About £70 total store price for those two games seems decent.

'Tis a ladder

Jimmer-jammer

@Ravix I felt Hogwarts Legacy was surprisingly solid. If you’re a fan of the books, you can’t really go wrong. If not, it’s an enjoyable, well made fantasy rpg. I’m still working through Alan Wake II and it’s been a ride. My opinion has swung wildly all over the place with it. I won’t say much more at this point but I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on it!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Bentleyma

Bit the bullet and ordered myself a PlayStation VR2, along with Gran Turismo 7 and Horizon: Call of the Mountain. I already own Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Village and No Man’s Sky, so I’ll have plenty to play! I’m sooo excited. Playing the original PlayStation VR for the first time is still my favourite experience in gaming to date.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

guardianoftime

Got the PS5 slim version lately and GT7 shortly after.
I love it 😍

All fear the man who has nothing to loose

PSN: Haig-009

Max_Headroom

Jimmer-jammer wrote:

@Ravix I felt Hogwarts Legacy was surprisingly solid!

Its a good game but the amount of time spent running from place to place was the killer for me.

Max_Headroom

AhmadSumadi

Bought Jedi: Survivor yesterday with the $35.00 I got from my PlayStation Stars cash-in. Basically a free game!

AhmadSumadi

Ravix

@Jimmer-jammer it's a weird one, in relation to Hogwarts. I started it, not played a whole lot yet, or really advanced anything in any real way, but I'm already level 12 with barely any combat, and looking swag as all hell with the thousand clothing items I've picked up 😅 it was giving off the Saints Row "every quest is an introduction to a mechanic and then the game is done" type vibe, so I initially tried to just do little side bits in the castle to begin with for fear of advancing the narrative too fast, but I'm hoping that is not the case and eventually the game opens out and the open world can be explored and used without fear of the story being nearly done by that point.

I've not even been to potions class and I've already beaten the secret dueling club solo, just to get some actual combat practise as only one main quest had meaningful combat so far 😆

I imagine the game will be pretty cool once I get a broom, or go out of the castle to do more than shopping. Hard to place at the moment.

I'll probably leave trying Alan Wake 2 until I've got my head around Hogwarts a bit better tbh

'Tis a ladder

Th3solution

@Ravix Hogwarts does really open up later on once you get out onto the map. In fact, there were parts of the map that I hadn’t even seen after 50-60 hours. The scale isn’t the largest ever, but it’s plenty big. In fact, each area ends up having similar types of side content, so it’s best to space it out and do some exploration, then advance some story, then a little exploration and side content, then advance the story, and so on. That way it won’t get too samey for you. But they intro new mechanics a decent pace and so it does keep it fresh. I think my final playtime was close to 80 hrs and I didn’t quite get the platinum because I did run out of steam on some of the rote side activities, some of which there’s a bazillion of out there.

Still, it’s my #1 game of the year so far. Just a joy to play and experience. As a fan of the franchise, it’s an excellent balance of new content in a familiar world. I’ll be curious to see how you get along!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution That is basically how I play most games!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic