Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,643

CaptD

Finally bought Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying light 2. £27 for both at Amazon, not too shabby.
I do think that Dying light 2 has a high probability of being a PS Plus game, judging by all the sales perhaps even next month.

CaptD

Cloud76

Just bought Persona 5 tactica, Wrc and Rumble fish 2

Cloud76

Olmaz

Just bought Hoa.

It's a wonderful puzzle-platformer that takes only 2 hours to complete and is very easy but absolutely gorgeous. When you just want to relax in your couch without any stress.

Olmaz

MidnightDragonDX

Got a bit more for Black Friday...MyUniverse My Baby Dragon, Justice League Cosmic Chaos, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, The Grinch Christmas Adventures, and DC League of Super Pets.

MidnightDragonDX

RogerRoger

Well, after thinking I wouldn't get them yet, I now have Sonic Superstars, RoboCop: Rogue City and Naruto X Boruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections in my collection, so that's my December sorted.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

Bought "Alan Wake 2" at the weekend. There's nothing about it so far that screams 10/10 to me. If the first game was "Twin Peaks" and Stephen King then this one is "True Detective" and David Fincher. The gameplay is very by the numbers even if the quality of the the presentation is off the charts. Maybe it does something incredible later on?

LN78

Bentleyma

@LN78 Obviously I don’t know how far you are, but I do think it gets better as it goes on. It never reached 10/10 levels of greatness for me though.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Robocop, huh? Curious how you'll get on with it, considering your aversion to realistic violence.

Currently Playing: Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (PS4) / Prodeus (SD) / Master Detective Archives: Rain Code (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

LN78

@Bentleyma I've just got past the (admittedly brilliant) song and dance sequence. The thing is that the gameplay is just not that much of an improvement over the (already clunky) original. I like the presentation and the story (even if the Remedy characters are starting to grate) but I'm not sure I can stick the shine and shoot/walk and talk or the mind numbing mind palace sections for another 10+ hours.

LN78

LN78

@Ralizah The violence in "Robocop" is heightened and hyper realistic to the point where it becomes parodic - the uncut version of the ED-209 "glitch" sequence in the original movie is hilarious, for example.

LN78

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Honestly yeah, me too. The first RoboCop movie is one of those rare instances where my distaste for its violence and gore is overpowered by my appreciation of its other elements (namely its satire, performances, artistry and design aesthetics). I much prefer the slightly safer sequel, to which Rogue City is reportedly a follow-up, and there's DLC to make RoboCop look appropriately blue and shiny.

Plus, the beauty of a game is that I can (hopefully) avoid its goriest kills, and play it my own way.

But I also wanted to support the developer, Teyon. They were behind the very enjoyable Terminator: Resistance and appear to be continuing the proud tradition of making the sort of licenced games that defined my childhood. I'll do anything to send a "more please" message in that regard.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ha I figured you might change your tune when we were talking about the Naruto game in the tat topic the other week @RogerRoger!

Hope Superstars goes ok... I've heard that's got some really challenging stuff towards the end and the boss fights are RIDCULOUSLY long!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow Yeah, it was only a matter of time! Although I won't be getting around to it for a while, as I'm currently replaying Marvel's Spider-Man and its combat can get a bit button-mashy. I think I'll try Sonic Superstars first, which should give my right thumb a rest before I dive straight into a single-button beat 'em up. Let's just hope those boss battles aren't too challenging!

Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora downloaded and ready to go. I can’t wait to play it co-op with my brother.

Bentleyma

Anti-Matter

Paleo Pines
Untitled

Very cute farming sim game with adorable dinosaurs as my partners. ☺

Anti-Matter

MidnightDragonDX

Here's a picture of the steelbook I got. The CE steelbook is more intricate, but like it.

Untitled

MidnightDragonDX

Bentleyma

I grabbed Postal 4: No Regerts while it’s on sale. From what I’ve played so far it definitely falls under the “so bad it’s good” category.

Bentleyma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic