Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,701

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I managed to pick up the Dead Space remake real cheap in CEX a couple of months back… but my ocd-nature will probably dictate that I return to the PS3 version to finish that off before taking on the remake. I’ve heard it’s fantastic though, so I’m sure you’ll enjoy. Similarly I’ve heard good things about Need for Speed Unbound.

On a side note, I don’t suppose you have Redout in your backlog do you?

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Unfortunately I don't have redout, redout 2 yes but not redout.
It may turn up on PS Extra (perhaps today?) at some point so I can help you then...big assumptions though.

CaptD

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Gotcha. 3 weeks is a long time, but I certainly have done it too, I think maybe even within the last year. Sometimes I get distracted for weeks at a time and then when I log back into my console I realize several weeks has passed without my playing anything.

I hope you’ve gravitated toward some other enjoyable diversions in the meantime. TV, movies, books, music, travel, exercise, table top gaming, horseback riding, nuclear physics, …something I hope!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah funnily enough considering you’ve mentioned them (although you did cover most bases in fairness 😉) my obsessive focus has transferred from gaming to exercise and I’m just so exhausted afterwards that I’ve been vegging-out in front of old movies.

Maybe it’ll be horseback-riding and nuclear physics for 2024 though 🤣

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Good to hear things are going good for you mate. I've been there plenty of times lately where I'm too tired to even contemplate gaming. It's either been me getting out for a few hours running or cycling or it's the kids and then me having to clean all the stuff that comes back caked in mud. It's amazing how much energy gaming requires sometimes 😂.

I've just finished the Dead Space remake and absolutely loved it. Having played Callisto Protocol and partly enjoyed that Dead Space RM just does everything so much better. It was like everything was ramped up to 11. I'm not going to contemplate the platinum though as I can't be bothered with the endless save restores from cloud I'd need to do to get through it but maybe one day I'll come back to it, who knows.

render

colonelkilgore

@render yeah it’s been a big surprise to me how much energy gaming requires! Back when I was extremely unfit but had no physical outlet to focus on, I’d game for 10-12 hours straight and feel it was a nice chilled-out day… now I’m a hell of a lot fitter but pretty much depleting all of my energy reserves on a regular basis to feel that way… and gaming just seems like major effort.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Dead Space remake so much bud…there were a load of bangers this year fair play. Oh well, they’ll all hold in the backlog for when I get bored of pushing my body through the mill I guess.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore
@render
Started Dead Space today, absolutely loving the atmosphere and it is still quite scary despite me remembering most of the sections as I'd played the PS3 version a number of times (one of my favourite games from that gen).
I feel I need to plat this one as well, it deserves that...having to save scum is quite tedious though, still it could be worse as they could've have gone the DS2 and limited the number of saves.

CaptD

render

@CaptD @colonelkilgore Totally agree on the atmosphere front, it's first class. Having never played the original I didn't know what to expect but right from the off I was edging forward through the game just expecting stuff to just out at me. All the creaks and other noises going on around you all the time had me constantly on edge. Really what you want from a game called Dead Space!

I just read up on the DS2 requirement and woah that's brutal. Fair play to anyone that has that platinum.

render

colonelkilgore

@CaptD @render in fairness the atmosphere and the visuals were unbelievable on PS3, so I can only imagine what the remake is like two gens later. Not gonna lie, I’m tempted… I do wanna carry on with Nioh 2 when I pick up the controller again… but this sounds awesome fair play.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jtheripper

Not sure where to ask this, im trying buy the ea play subscription for a month,on psn, its on discount until the 17th for 1.49cad.
To try the game trials.
But each i try, it says something went wrong, unspecified error. To try later.
Never works, i tried and bought a game and it was ok.
I tried on my ps5, on the mobile app, and on the psn store site.
Do i need do something prior, like create a ea account etc.?

Jtheripper

CaptD

@Jtheripper I purchased the Ea one month sub today (16th) during which I did have to setup a payment method (credit card, PayPal etc..) which I did and then the transaction went through without issue. I then deleted the payment method (never forget the great hack of 2011).
I didn't get any errors before the payment method was setup so I don't really know what to tell you, perhaps your payment method is invalid (e.g. A bad PayPal email address). Perhaps clear any payment method that you may have and try again.

CaptD

Jtheripper

@CaptD i see, yeah but like i said, i was able to buy a game today with the exact same method.
Did you get the discount offer or the regular 4.99cad 1 month subscription?
Strange this.

Jtheripper

sorteddan

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Because the Black Friday deal on Amazon was just too good for me to ignore (£26.99). May not get around to it any time soon but happy to have it join the backlog.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@Jtheripper Yes I took the Ea deal (79p for me, in the U.K.). The reason I mentioned payment method is that even though you might have funds in your wallet to buy a game, it still requires a payment method. This is certainly true in my case, I had enough funds in my psn wallet to cover the recurring subscription charge but it still required a payment method.
If you missed the deal then possibly look again around Easter as I've done the cheap ea month trials a few times and recall one deal around that time.

@sorteddan Nice deal that. I'm waiting on the Vr update before I get that (plus I need the headset). Certainly a classic game that I would want a physical copy of.

CaptD

Jtheripper

@CaptD yeah, but i did have a payment method already, and i used it for a game with no problem.
I dont mean i used any wallet funds, i meant before i had the subscription offer in my basket.
Well its ok, maybe they didn't want to let more get this offer, who knows, might try it later on at regular price.
I mostly wanted to try out the trial for ea wrc.

Could be because i used a prepaid card instead of a credit card, maybe that isn't ok for a subscription, so they can be sure they can get the next month's subscription fee.

Edited on by Jtheripper

Jtheripper

TheIdleCritic

EA Sports WRC. I think it's a step back I never really realised how much I play rally games. I had a look at what's currently installed on my PS5, and I have Dirt Rally, Dirt Rally 2, WRC 9, 10 and Generations. I think EA Sports WRC will be the one I revisit the least, even less so than WRC 9 or Dirt Rally 2. It just doesn't feel progressive to me. They hype up the build mode but in reality there's not much to it. Just like the Army of Two customisation (a game I loved and miss), it's really rather quite shallow. The presentation of all the other rally games is much more polished than EA Sports WRC. Shame.

Also, the contrast is really off in this game for some reason. The blacks are absolutely pitch black. The colours are just odd. Every other game looks fine/normal.

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

LtSarge

Just ordered The Callisto Protocol for €15 in the Black Friday sales. I'm currently playing Dead Space now and absolutely loving it. While Callisto Protocol doesn't seem to be an exact Dead Space clone, I've still heard good things about it and it seems worth it for that price.

LtSarge

BeyondKnight

Just bought FF 16, Dead Island 2 and Persona 4 Golden

BeyondKnight

MidnightDragonDX

Blue cobalt DualSense, Bluey, Weird West, RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe, Goat Simulator 3, Avatar: The Last Airbender Quest for Balance. All but Bluey were Black Friday sales. And yea, I got Weird West on Plus, but I wanted the physical.

Edited on by MidnightDragonDX

MidnightDragonDX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic