Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,706

Naviis13

Removed - unauthorised competition/giveaway

Naviis - Survivor of the Clanksdang

oliverp

XIII. Given that I love cell shading done right I have quite high hopes for this game if I get around to play it. Hehe 😉

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

MaulTsir

Final Fantasy Strangers of Paradise £20 for physical, seen as its still 69 on the ps store seems a good price and it's been out a while now. Looking forward to it when I eventually get around to it.

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@oliverp I've got the original XIII on PC and keep meaning to get around to it. By all accounts, the recent remade remaster (or is it a remastered remake?) is a big improvement, so I hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BangEm

Last purchase for me was pre-ordering the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Deluxe edition. Cant wait for this to drop!

BangEm

PSN: bang_em_berry | Twitter:

LtSarge

Just ordered Demon's Souls, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Ghostwire: Tokyo. Got so much to play now on PS5!

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge I haven’t played Ghostwire yet, but those other 3 are fantastic. DeS and Returnal are tough as nails, but so excellently crafted, beautiful, and great gaming experiences. Rift Apart is just pure fun, without the high difficulty. Great stash!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CJD87

@LtSarge I sold my PS5 due to lack of available playtime (travel a lot for work, so the Switch was the obvious keeper) - but I'd like to make a case you start Returnal first!

Returnal was my absolute GOTY 2021, and nothing else I played came close. It serves as a tremendous showcase for the PS5's capabilities, and feels truly 'next-gen' in terms of performance, gameplay, graphics and application of the dual-sense haptics.

The game itself is challenging for sure, but so lovingly curated by Housemarque... feels like a cross between Hades and Dark Souls - but with a Ridley Scott / Prometheus skin.

So addictive, like a roguelike should be, and there were so many times that "one more run" would turn into several.

My only area of contention (at the time I played) was a lack fo save/suspend function, but this has now been patched in accordingly. IMO, that should have been a day #1 nuance but at least the devs took on board the feedback etc

The first boss, and run up to it, is probably the steepest learning curve. When you can beat the first boss, you honestly have all the tools you need to finish the game.

I appreciate that it is not a game for everyone, but I would urge most gamers to give it a go for a few hours.

CJD87

KilloWertz

@CJD87 Well, that explains why you just randomly disappeared online several months ago. Good riddance....

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@CaptD if I could master mahjong (as well as a host of other Japanese gambling games) for Yakuza Kiwami… cookings gonna be a breeze right… right 😅

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion - £30.00… another bargain!

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@Th3solution Yeah I'm sure I'll enjoy those three games but I don't know what I'll think of Ghostwire but I do know that it looks unique and cool as heck so I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

@CJD87 After I've wrapped up some games from my PS+ subscription and then played through Astro's Playroom as well as Miles Morales, I'm starting up Returnal next. It was basically the first game I played on PS5 (thanks to PS+) and it's just so much fun. Definitely the most unique roguelite I've played. I can absolutely see myself getting absorbed into its world and getting the "just one more run" feeling. I'm so excited to play it!

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Since Ghostwire Tokyo is on PS Extra I might give it a try too. Let me know when you get around to it how you like it. Im just so allergic to most first person viewpoint games that I’m worried it won’t stick to me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

Resident Evil 4. Shocking, I know...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MaulTsir

Dragonball Z Kakarot, Final Fantasy Crisis Core and Sonic Frontiers....Somebody stop me!! 🤦‍♂️

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

Marvel’s Midnight Suns - £29.99 - after months of game prices remaining strangely high, the bargains have started appearing!

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Took advantage of the Amazon Spring Sale to snag Immortals Fenyx Rising for cheap.

It's a game I'd always kept in mind for just such an occasion (because I'll be damned if I'm ever gonna pay RRP for a Ubisoft product) and, since I don't play the Assassin's Creed series, I reckon its gameplay should hold my interest a lil' more than most. I won't rush to it, but the price was right.

My thanks to those who've played it before and answered some of my questions around here!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic