Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,692

LN78

@kyleforrester87 Ah. Fair shout. As long as you get your money's worth - I've heard nothing but good things. It was a coin toss between "Dead Space" and "Resi 4" for me and it landed Leon Kennedy side up. I'll probably still get it at Halloween time, though.

LN78

colonelkilgore

Just knocked a few of the wishlist from the new PSN sale. Decent reductions on Deliver us the Moon, Unsighted and Aragami 2 so picked up all three.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just ordered Soulstice - I’ve been wavering on hitting purchase on it for a while and it’s back down to £25 on amazon today so that sealed the deal. Looks a pretty decent character-actioner/action rpg from what I’ve seen.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just chalked a few from the wishlist due to the current double discount sale on PSN:

Metal Hellsinger
Norco
Sable

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore Just looking at your backlog would make my head explode, "Scanners" style, mate.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

LN78

@colonelkilgore "Back twigs" 🤣. I've made great strides in getting over backlog anxiety in recent times, not so much in not actually adding to the bloody stack. I've resisted (so far) the temptation of buying expanded SSD's or external storage - that would be a recipe for disaster!

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 it used to get to me… funnily enough I only found this site by googling how to manage your backlog - think my search led to one backlog thread or another. Things change though and I’ve learned to embrace my back-trunk. The way I see it, it’s better to have literally hundreds (and hundreds) of games ready to go than having nothing to play.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore 😂 Add another to the Push Square lexicon — back-twig
But what is the cutoff point at which one graduates to the next level of tree-based designation? I’m pretty sure I’m somewhere between a backlog and a backtrunk.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution well 🤔… the official kilgore-scale goes 1-25: back-twig, 26-100: back-branch, 101-250: backlog, 251-750: back-trunk and 751+: back-greathollow

**** DLC!

sorteddan

I aim for a future where I am a back-twigger (though think this class should start at 2, if you only have 1 it's not a back-anything), I've been flitting between the back-brancher/logger categories for too long.

I hope nobody has 750+ games they're intending to play! At a completion rate average of one a week that would be around 14-15 years I think... Looking at you @colonelkilgore !

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan nah I’m not quite in the back-greathollow stage just yet… it’s a realistic future though for sure 😅

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @sorteddan Surely having a one-game backlog would make it a back-splinter? And if you're halfway through said game, it's back-sawdust.

Hmm. Methinks I've just run the joke into the ground. Sorry about that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger There's a difference between running a joke into the ground and just making bad use of the ongoing joke. Let others carry it on their backs while you just concentrate on your backlog.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Wood that I could, but it seems my efforts weren't for the chop after all. I'm just grateful that, when it comes to leafing through my terrible puns, @colonelkilgore doesn't have an axe to grind, or simply see me as a silly sap. Also, something about bark.

Okay. Now I'm done. Best to move on before any of this takes root.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger Let's ask Ellie, a fellow pun lover, what she thinks of your work....

Untitled

Not gonna lie, I actually did laugh though

Edited on by KilloWertz

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Wow, for real? You actually laughed? What's wrong with you?!

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger I loved the fact that they did the whole pun book thing really well in the TV show, so I guess I like puns too.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic