Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,201 to 1,217 of 1,217

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Have fun with that one, that's a great price. If you loved the first one, you are going to enjoy this one as well. The game looks absolutely gorgeous, the music is great and the voice acting is brilliant. Sure it isn't 60 fps but to be fair i barely noticed that while playing.

PSNid: Lavalera

render

I went ahead and preordered Hogwarts Legacy. Having watched a few minutes of various previews and the gameplay trailers I know me and the kids are going to really enjoy playing it. Can’t wait.

render

JoeyBudderz

Waiting to get home to play my freshly downloded copy of Dead Space… im still in the infant hours of multiple games (only owning ps5 for < month) returnal, evil west, deathloop..

FORSPOKEN looks really good I just still cant get behind a female protagonist 🤷🏻‍♂️ sue me..

You may not like video games, but what I learned from them is this: no enemies in front of you means that you are going in the wrong way.

sorteddan

@JoeyBudderz
Returnal also has a female protagonist

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Star Ocean: The Divine Force for £27.99 on amazon. Never played one of these but I did quite like what I saw of this latest installment when it released. Having said that, I don’t think that I’ve actually seen anyone on here mentioned actually playing it, anybody got any thoughts on SO:TDF?

Two rules of cool club

2. Make From Soft games last

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore I played it but on the Xbox, that's why I didn't post my thoughts on here. It's an OK game. Not horrible but not something I will remember in a years time. It's very low budget in a lot of ways. The character models look meh and the main guy looks like David Lee Roth. Technically it runs okish. The outside world had a few frame drops here and there. The ai isn't all that smart, they keep standing in stuff they shouldn't and sometimes die to some weird stuff. The story is nothing special. The only thing I liked was the combat to be honest, which kinda felt like budget Tales of Arise. I skipped a lot of the side content to finish the story. Imo it's fun enough to buy on a sale but I regret buying it for full price. I do hope it will click with you more though

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera okay, funnily enough it was while I was playing Tales of Arise that I first took notice of Star Ocean: The Divine Force. Oh well, it sounds okay from your appraisal… and with the price that I paid that’s okay by me.

Two rules of cool club

2. Make From Soft games last

Voltan

I found a 2nd hand copy of Gotham Knights with a steelbook at about 50% of standard edition's price, so I got that. I played the PS Plus trial and thought it seemed alright even if combat wasn't up to Arkham games' standards.

Voltan

JoeyBudderz

@sorteddan true but she don’t talk n i skip the cut scenes lol

You may not like video games, but what I learned from them is this: no enemies in front of you means that you are going in the wrong way.

BearsEatBeets

The Game Collection are doing another weekend discount so finally pre-ordered Resident Evil 4 Remake. I was just going to pick it up on release but I'll take the opportunity to get it a few quid cheaper as I have full faith in Capcom.
Going to continue with my efforts to reduce my backlog until it releases.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, these Resi remakes are as certain a bet as you can get nowadays. I've just finished watching a playthrough of the original Resi 4 and can only imagine how atmospheric the remake's gonna be. Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger When I did a fair few replays of RE2 Remake for trophies a little while ago I remembered thinking how solid they are. I can't recall ever experiencing a bug playing the series. Like you say, nothing is guaranteed but I have a lot of confidence in Capcom. Especially as I loved both the 2 & 3 Remakes. It must be several years since I played the original so really looking forward to it.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I've also watched the Resi 2 Remake on YouTube and was struck by how smoothly it ran and presented itself so yeah, so long as it's the same team, I reckon it'll be another winner. A lot of folks count Resi 4 amongst their favourites from the series. Would you say the same?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Apologies for butting in, but your question was in my mind this last week. I finished my main game Dark Souls and so I had a little time to go potentially go back and finish off some dangling games that I haven’t completed, RE4 among them. Weirdly, I’ve had trouble getting into RE4. After thoroughly enjoying RE1-3, I’m not feeling it with RE4. I know it’s most people’s favorite, but every time I have a chance to play it I can’t bring myself to go back and so I play something else. I think it’s the way the tankish controls impair the more action style shooting and navigation. I’m just not a very skilled gamer anyways, and my brain and my hands just aren’t reacting well to the way RE4 plays and so it’s just not been fun for me. One of these days I’ll go back to it when my mood is really, really there but I’m struggling with it now.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger RE 2 was my favourite, whilst I thought 4 was great it was the start of tipping more heavily into the action side of things. Plus I think the first two were just in that period with the PS1 where I truly fell in love with gaming and the unique new games we were getting. RE 2 and Tomb Raider were and remain high points in my gaming history.

@Th3solution as I mentioned I haven't played 4 in a long time, possibly since it first came to playstation so I imagine going back to it's dated controls now could be quite off-putting. If the remake plays as well as the other remakes though (and I don't see why it wouldn't) it should be a slick experience.

Once I've finished killing everyone off in Until Dawn I'm going to try for more trophy runs in RE3 Remake and possibly RE 7 and 8 before 4 comes out.

BearsEatBeets

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution The main thing to learn about RE4 that made it a lot more enjoyable for me back in the day, is to learn to shoot enemies in the legs/knees to drop them and then run up and melee. Then when they are down, knife out, stab-stab-stab. If you try to kill everyone with guns it's not going to go very well, especially early game.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic