Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 241 to 260 of 417

zupertramp

Such an incredibly gross, but very GameStop, thing to do.

Untitled

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp Instead of spending time with family, why not come down to your local GameStop and spent hours waiting on a console that may or may not be out of stock 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I also like how it says they’re bundles but not what’s in the bundles

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Because it's blatantly gonna be a $1,500 bundle including the console, two spare controllers, a third-party headset, physical copies of four annualised, identikit sports games, a code for some V-Bucks, a novelty beach towel, a bottle of Mountain Dew, and some kind of loyalty points only redeemable in GameSpot stores. Which, if you read the small print, have a cash value of less than half a cent. And you'll have to sign over Power of Attorney to use them.

And nobody would turn up to queue for that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Unlucky13

@zupertramp Likely out of stock. I wonder how many cities won't even get one.

Unlucky13

nomither6

i managed to get a PS5 during the walmart black-friday sale , by being a walmart-plus member . so i had early access to hurrying up , and putting it in my cart , as soon as the sale started at 4:00 EST . had to wait in ''virtual'' line for 30 minutes until it was my time to order , but i got it. it should be here by next week .

i may trade the series s & ps4 pro into gamestop for $400 when it comes , but well see . im still giving halo a chance & havent tried gamepass yet , and i still wan't a gaming PC anyway.

nomither6

zupertramp

@RogerRoger with the exception of price your exaggerated guess wasnt that far off...

Untitled
facebook full picture

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

@nomither6 cool. I mean I think you should keep the S as a just in case (meaning just in case Microsoft pulls something out of nowhere and has a desirable exclusive) but do what you gotta of course.

But yeah, glad you got one. The Walmart+ thing seems extra evil because it is such a low bar to clear (13 bucks for a month i think) that it pretty much guaranteed a great many would sign up just for an increased chance at a PlayStation. And that's not a dig at you, it totally makes sense I'm just bothered at all the extra money Walmart probably made off the scarcity of this product... kinda like another loathsome group of people.

Anyway, I digress. Congrats. Look forward to your first impressions.

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 i can only guess more stores didn't have them than did. I just can't believe they'd do that to their employees. Like wtf is wrong with doing it on Wednesday or Friday?

nomither6

@zupertramp thanks , and i agree , but it was either that , or wait god-knows-how-long for it to be available on the regular . a years wait was enough for me , lol . not to mention the wild prices for a PS5 , so getting it for its actual $500 price (excluding taxes) was legit .

nomither6

RogerRoger

@zupertramp Wow, yeah. It's depressing how close I got. Of course the included games would be digital download codes, though! Physical copies? What was I thinking?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Unlucky13

@zupertramp I agree. As someone who worked in retail for 15 years, and was forced to work until 3am the night before Thanksgiving and then be back at 4am the day after, I have a lot of compassion for anyone who's still in that situation. I don't ever, ever shop anywhere on a holiday.

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

My sister told me yesterday that she was able to buy a PS5 through a "lottery system" at her local Walmart. I didn't know such a thing was possible. But either way, it means that my 8 year old nephew gets one and I don't. I've never been so jealous of a kid!

Unlucky13

RogerRoger

@Unlucky13 One of our retailers did a lottery system, here in the UK. I think they're still sending out invites to people who signed up back in January!

Making It So Since 1987

Unlucky13

@RogerRoger I signed up to get on every list and be notified by every retailer here in the US a year ago, and it got me nowhere. Sony Direct doesn't seem to care about dedicated gamers either. I've had the same PSN account since the PS2 era.

Unlucky13

nomither6

That badboy finally came tonight , and damn this thing is a f*** spaceship . i thought i was unboxing a box of dumbbells , but im stoked .

edit : i noticed it doesn't have that blue tinge like the controller and console does in the ads , this thing is pure white ; false advertising , lol .

i just spent about 6-7 minutes googling & trying to figure out why my ps5 wouldn't read my ps4 disc , and then i realized i was just putting the disc in the wrong way , lmao . i basically only have 1 ps4 disc & that disc's been in my ps4 since forever . i feel so stupid , but i haven't had good sleep in days so dont judge me , haha.

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Arnna

I’ve effectively given up getting one in Australia. Still playing my PS4 heaps though, just gotta play the titles that I simultaneously want and can get.

Arnna

Arnna

@nomither6 don’t operate any heavy machinery 😉

Arnna

Gremio108

I got one. After all this time, I finally got one.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

@Gremio108 lol

Congrats. Hopefully you're enjoying yourself.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Sorry, this topic has been locked.