Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,441 to 2,453 of 2,453

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger it is a gorgeous game. Probably one of my favourite looking games. The gameplay is fun too, so I do recommend that people try it, especially if you like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

MaulTsir

@Bentleyma @RogerRoger It is actually a really fun game, when it first came out I put about 40 hours into it, but the gacha system it what got to me in the end, if it was a stand alone game or even just a simple battle pass/item shop it would be so much better. Great art style, fun combat and exploration, similar to breath of the wild as Bent said but the way the game is set out it just made me feel like I was playing a mobile game(which I know it is).

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma how’re you finding Forspoken anyway… I’m guessing that the fact you’ve taken a break already that your view falls in line with the majority of the reviews?

Two rules of cool club

2. Make From Soft games last

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore I really enjoyed it. I finished it yesterday. I didn’t get the plat, but I managed to get 90% of the trophies. I don’t think it deserves all the hate it’s getting at all.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma that’s good to hear, as I always quite liked the look of it. I know reviews are one persons opinion etc. but I always used to find game reviews pretty accurate for the most part. These days though, even after reading 50 reviews of a game, I have little to no idea what to think.

Two rules of cool club

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma @MaulTsir Interesting, thanks for the expanded info! Considering the last (and only) free-to-play game I played on console was a creaky old port of an even older PC MMORPG, that screenshot was incredibly jarring to see associated with the model.

As much hate as the free-to-play model gets, I think it's good that there are decent, enjoyable examples out there for folks who simply can't afford to shell out for new games every couple months.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

As I finally cleared Dark Souls Remastered, I was looking for something a bit simpler and shorter. I don’t want to get into a deep long game since I might play Horwarts at launch. So I ended up on The Pathless.

I’m only about 2 hours into it. Just cleared the first area, and I’m finding it enjoyable, in a fresh indie sort of way. Interesting gameplay ideas and a charming aesthetic. I was hoping for a chill game and it’s a tad more difficult than I was expecting but it’s not too bad. The first boss fight wasn’t a pushover though and I thought to myself how glad I was I just finished Dark Souls and knew how to wear down a boss. 😅 It was actually harder than the final boss for Dark Souls 😆

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I really enjoyed my time with The Pathless. The bosses do get a bit easier as you get more powerful, although I would not class any of them as a push over either. The traversal and exploration is what did it for me though, and generally is quite a chill game to play.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution I also loved The Pathless. One of my favourite PS5 releases thus far, in fact. And that soundtrack…

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer @JohnnyShoulder I’ve sat on the game for far too long, scrolling past it on my media crossbar and playing other games. But it’s everything I was looking for as an different style of experience.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

colonelkilgore

Been playing a bit of the Doom: Eternal campaign and that gameplay-loop is so satisfying. I remember thoroughly enjoying 2016 and for whatever reason, it took me a few levels to get back in the swing… but I played through mission 5 tonight and I think everything has started to click again.

Two rules of cool club

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I enjoyed DOOM 2016, despite not really being an FPS fan, but I was scared away from Eternal due to reported higher difficulty. They say it can be tough in spots. Do you agree its significantly harder?

————————

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I thought it was just me funnily enough… thought that my age had finally started to effect my reflexes 😅… but yes I am finding it noticeably more difficult. Though its nothing that can’t be overcome after a couple of attempts (so far at least).

FPS isn’t my wheel-house either sol… and maybe that is also contributing to the struggle too. Still, I’m enjoying it and fingers crossed I’ll be able to make it through to the end. If you liked 2016 that much I’d definitely reconsider giving the sequel a chance… added difficulty and all.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

Two rules of cool club

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic