Forums

Topic: What Game(s) Would Make you Buy a PS5?

Posts 141 to 153 of 153

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett The downgraded presentation is honestly something I got over really quickly. They improved the battle and time management mechanics so well that something as minor as downscaling the presentation to fit the PSP was just a thing to gloss over in the end. The FeMC also adds a crap ton of replayability since her route is substantially different than the Male MC, whose main playthrough is pretty much ripped directly from FES

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Plus you don’t have to deal with MARIN KARIN

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Literally any time I level up a Persona and get a skill that has to replace an existing one, if that Persona has Marin Karin, that's the one I always replace first. Just did that with Thor when he got Weapons Master, which is far more practical

TheFrenchiestFry

mcdreamer

@TheFrenchiestFry Thanks! I’ve played a couple of hours of P3P so far and it’s drawing me in just like 5 did. I’m playing it on my PSTV. It feels quite streamlined in terms of how you explore and talk to people outside of Tartarus, which I like. Hopefully I can finish it up before Demon Souls arrives!

mcdreamer

TheFrenchiestFry

@mcdreamer The menu based navigation takes some of the liveliness out of the presentation, especially at locales like Gekkoukan High School or the Paulownia Mall, but it makes navigation a lot quicker, and the square button allowing you to fast travel to key areas you've already been to is a very welcome QoL update

I personally play it on the Vita. Playing it on a TV kinda makes the downscaled presentation seem a lot more obvious since it's on a much larger screen, and I just consider PSTV a more limited Vita since quite a few games aren't compatible with it due to requiring some of the console features

TheFrenchiestFry

mcdreamer

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, that’s true. It’s not as lively but it’s very fast. I have way to play FES anyway so P3P was my only option.

You’re quite right that a big screen shows the limited resolution very obviously. It’s bothered me less than I expected. I bought the PSTV as a way to play the Persona games and not much else, hence the cheaper entry point was appealing compared to a Vita. I’ve considered getting a Vita anyway given how long I will spend with these games but still trying to resist as the PSTV is fine really for me.

mcdreamer

TheFrenchiestFry

@mcdreamer I've practically picked up every portable Persona entry due to how well the life sim/RPG hybrid mechanics mesh with portable play. The PSTV is definitely a cheaper way to get access to these games though seeing as how it has every main entry excluding 5. In P3P's case the limited presentation was actually pretty easy to gloss over since the gameplay loop is extremely satisfying, despite having gripes about how boring Tartarus becomes to explore after 10 or so floors. The Vita is a cool console for what it is, but I can't really deny the fact that not only is it getting increasingly hard to find for fair prices (particularly the Slim model), but P4G was practically the last major exclusive it had under its belt before it deservingly got a wider audience thanks to the Steam port, which is extremely well done by itself. I still use my Vita a lot for stuff like MGS HD Collection but I really hope Nocturne coming to Switch/PS4 is a sign that Atlus is actually committing to bringing their older catalogue to modern platforms since a lot of them desperately need to leave the dead platforms they've been stuck on for years.

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry The Vita is only worth the money if you install CFW. It’s a fantastic machine for PS1, PSP and Vita games now. Overclocking means some games like XCOM are playable now too. And I only got mine for £30 second hand 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett The hacking/modding community, especially through subreddits like the r/Vita one are really the people keeping the community alive now that the console has been effectively discontinued. The Vita actually has the potential to be an excellent emulation machine, but the official backwards compatibility is what barely makes it valuable to most people as well.

I still think Sony should've pulled a PS3 and relaunched the console at a cheaper price point with more first party support given a lot of the mistakes made with the Vita's release echoed stuff from the early PS3 era

TheFrenchiestFry

ThroughTheIris56

@TheFrenchiestFry All I want from the PS3, is Sony to release new controllers for it. It's annoying having few controllers that are in good condition, and everything on the market is either second hand or not a proper PS3 controller.

ThroughTheIris56

TheFrenchiestFry

@ThroughTheIris56 The Anniversary Collections for Castlevania and Contra gave me some hope at the very least. Plus MGS1 and 2 came back to PC. They're not GOOD ports but they're ports lmao

TheFrenchiestFry

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.